autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ochnob View Post
    Just one coat will give a satin finish. I don’t want to make them too slippery. It typically will last almost a year. It depends if you are washing with water and soap or if you are using an APC cleaner. If just soap it will last a good while. D253 makes cleaning easy. I have some tan mats in my Volvo that show the dirt quicker and the drivers mat needs an APC cleaning after a couple months. Then I just reapply 253. I use a brush to apply to mats and tires. Any cheap soft nylon brush will work.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Interesting, I will have to give 253 a try for that.

I normally use CarPro Perl heavily diluted for rubber mats. At such a dilution, Perl adds some depth to the look without slipperiness.

2. Likes Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was supposed to be my day off today but ended up doing a detail on this Subaru Forester instead.

4. Likes Big Dave, MisterSnoop, CleanIT, dgage, Ochnob and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My daughter was born

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    My daughter was born
    This is the what did you do detailing wise sir. Unless you hit her with a coat of Beadmaker i suggest you try this thread.

What did you do today non-detailing related?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? just kidding. Congratulations! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    This is the what did you do detailing wise sir. Unless you hit her with a coat of Beadmaker i suggest you try this thread.

What did you do today non-detailing related?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? just kidding. Congratulations! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!!

Here's the thing...we've been slathering her with diaper creams and whatnot, and honestly I couldn't help but think of it just being an old goopy paste wax.

It has been working well

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rain today, so the inside of the doors, which are big and chunky, got very wet. They're impossible to keep dry when the doors are so upright, and of course you get out in a rush when it's pouring rain and just shut the door and don't think about it. When I got in this afternoon I noticed the 303 Aerospace Protecting just isn't up to getting wet. I remember reading this somewhere on here, so I coated them with Meg's Quikwax. We'll see if it's any better, more rain predicted for tomorrow.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

11. Likes DFB, Tasmania, Bosko, CleanIT, Eldorado2k and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Rain today, so the inside of the doors, which are big and chunky, got very wet. They're impossible to keep dry when the doors are so upright, and of course you get out in a rush when it's pouring rain and just shut the door and don't think about it. When I got in this afternoon I noticed the 303 Aerospace Protecting just isn't up to getting wet. I remember reading this somewhere on here, so I coated them with Meg's Quikwax. We'll see if it's any better, more rain predicted for tomorrow.

I stopped using 303 for this exact reason. Like most of these water based type protectants, they are awful when getting wet. I never understood how 303 is recommended for exterior surfaces with that being the case.

I like either no finish left behind (which eliminates any chances of streaking) or a product that doesn't streak.

I'm finding Optimum Protectant Plus to be superior to 303 in every way.

13. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I stopped using 303 for this exact reason. Like most of these water based type protectants, they are awful when getting wet. I never understood how 303 is recommended for exterior surfaces with that being the case.

I like either no finish left behind (which eliminates any chances of streaking) or a product that doesn't streak.

I'm finding Optimum Protectant Plus to be superior to 303 in every way.
    I had the same exact experience. My moment happened when I detailed this work truck which arrived with the most perfect plastic trim I’ve ever seen a vehicle show up to a detail with… My 1st thought was either another detailer just touched this truck, or the carwash it recently went through does a damn good job dressing plastic trim.

It looked so good that I didn’t want to somehow make it look less good after I was done with it. So I outsmarted myself and used 303 Protectant for the 1st time on the windshield cowl and the entire front trim you see pictured. It sat overnight and because of the morning dew turned out looking horrible by the next day.

I went over all of it with Hyper Dressing and haven’t used 303 since.

15. Thanks Big Dave thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use 303 on the interior and under the hood so it lasts a little while.

I also use it on the tires of my Cadillac but that car doesn't see rain.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

17. Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I just use 303 on the interior and under the hood so it lasts a little while.

I also use it on the tires of my Cadillac but that car doesn't see rain.
    Are you familiar with Sweet Project Cars?

Page 732 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 232632682722723724725726727728729730731732733734735736737738739740741742782832 ... LastLast