autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I try to keep up with my copper sink in the bathroom. I have 4 coats of 3 in 1 on it and top it with CSS once a week

2. Likes Big Dave, SNP209, Buster906, dgage, chilly and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have never used Megs Synthetic Spray wax, or any spray wax as a drying aid, so I can't comment on the comparison between it and the two P&S products.

In a way, Syn Wax is a different proposition to Paint Gloss and Dream Maker. The P&S duo don't offer anything in the way of added protection like a spray wax can. That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

Dream Maker and Paint Gloss are simply quick detailer sprays. Paint Gloss is more versatile as it can offer some very mild cleaning and can be used as a clay lubricant. Paint Gloss is purely for added gloss. Between the two, I find Paint Gloss easier to use.

In a way, Meguiar's competitor product to the P&S items would be D155 Last Touch. I have used this for years as a drying aid, quick touch ups and as a clay lubricant. I found Paint Gloss to have a small edge over Last Touch so will most likely replace D155 as my quick detailer product.

In terms of price, yes, Paint Gloss is far cheaper than Synthetic Spray Wax in all bottle sizes. Currently Dream Maker is only available in a 473ml bottle, gallon sizes are coming, and is $8.00 more than Paint Gloss in the same size.

I guess you need to decide if you want the added protection of a spray wax, or simply just need lubrication during the drying process. My advice would be to buy Paint Gloss and Dream Maker in the 473ml sizes to see if they meet you expectations prior to ordering a gallon.
    Thanks for the review, and i will order some paint gloss. I tend to use the Megs synthetic spray wax after a wash sometimes to add more pop to the colour
    or on the front bumper and side mirrors to help make these spring bugs slide
    off easier.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Next up was the wash and I decided on a RW using Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and 5 purple Eagle edgeless microfiber towels. The ES was 4 days dirty, lots of frost/thaw residue but using my 1000 ML Kwazzer for pre-treat make quick work of it and it cleaned up SO EASY! This product is criminally underrated, pick some up along with some of the new Griot's productsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    My normal car washing faucet on the house got turned off when the irrigation system got winterized, so I’m into all-rinseless season. I used N-914 on the Mrs’ car since I hadn’t used it in a while and didn’t feel like cracking open my new Brilliant Finish Rinseless jug (my default rinseless lately). I was surprised to find that using it at the prescribed rinseless ratio on the bottle the 914 didn’t have the same cleaning power I was used to with the Brilliant Finish.

I’m with you - I’m surprised more folks don’t talk about the Griot’s option.

Good grief man, You’re really doing right by that blue! Looks fantastic!

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took F U L L advantage of Indian Summer here in Chicagoland today! Started out by doing an overdue FULL wheel cleaning with Brake Buster, tires too. Lots of brown came out of the foam from the barrels! All brushes got a workout, gotta have the right tools for the jobWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Next up was the wash and I decided on a RW using Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and 5 purple Eagle edgeless microfiber towels. The ES was 4 days dirty, lots of frost/thaw residue but using my 1000 ML Kwazzer for pre-treat make quick work of it and it cleaned up SO EASY! This product is criminally underrated, pick some up along with some of the new Griot's productsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I wasn't going to put anything on the tires because they're coming off the car soon but I just grabbed some Tri-Nova tire dressing for the 1st time and was pretty happy with the results, just a little layer as they looked "natrual" already.

Went out for some BBQ with my g/f and my daughter...other thread for thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    The Worx Hydroshot is a great option when you don't have access to the exterior water supply. Wolfgang Uber has always been my favorite and my go to rinseless wash but I have also been using the Griots Brilliant Shine Rinseless. It wipes away cleanly like the Wolfgang Uber. Don't trip over all of those hoses and cords Rog.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent the morning washing almost 800 miles of Wisconsin dust and bugs off of the Fusion. Soaked her with a foam bath of Hyper Wash and then did a two bucket wash with the same.
    Since the spirit was with me, I decided to then clay the car and apply a coat of 303 Graphene. No streaks or any application issues, for that matter.
    Now it's time for lunch.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

10. Likes Bosko, Jayfro, Big Dave, SNP209, Klasse Act and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not expect to do a wash today, but just got one in. BONUS. Still calling for rain & snow but don`t care. It`s done. I needed some therapy after that 50 hour week.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

12. Likes Celabe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Did not expect to do a wash today, but just got one in. BONUS. Still calling for rain & snow but don`t care. It`s done. I needed some therapy after that 50 hour week.
    I had close to that but it wasn't even an option for me, I really miss having that underground parking spot at the old placeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I try to keep up with my copper sink in the bathroom. I have 4 coats of 3 in 1 on it and top it with CSS once a week

What do you use to clean it before topping? I'm using the store bought-bathroom specific cleaners, and they arent cutting through the hard water spots. It's not a copper sink though...if that matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NightDrive43 View Post
    What do you use to clean it before topping? I'm using the store bought-bathroom specific cleaners, and they arent cutting through the hard water spots. It's not a copper sink though...if that matters.
    Nothing....I did this from day one and have never had to clean it, I dry the sink after each use I'm sure that has a lot to do with it

16. Thanks NightDrive43 thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Monthly maintenance detail for the Ranger today.

18. Likes Big Dave, Bosko, BadgerRivFan liked this post
Page 683 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1835836336736746756766776786796806816826836846856866876886896906916926937337831183 ... LastLast