autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Another day and another panel corrected and polished

Almost took me longer to tape off than to correct and polish

If I was doing this for a living I would have an Ibrid, no questions asked

This car is all angles and ledges and stuff

I cannot believe how thrashed the finish is on the nose for a car with less than 6k on the clock

Sadly when I bought it I couldn’t locate a single person in Anchorage that I trusted to put PPF on the front end

For a town that size any specialty services like that are almost non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Cleaned and conditioned the leather seats in the Ranger over the weekend.

Also wiped down the panels, etc as they were a little smeary looking from the dealership.

I'm dying for my floor mats to arrive, but I think that's gonna be around 2 weeks.
    Until then I have to deal with black carpet....

Will take a few pics today.
    Yeah.................. OK.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the rain yesterday the ES was in need of a wash! As soon as I got home I got to it. Since the self cleaning of fresh coat of Adam's spray graphene was doing its thing I chose to do a RW. For this task I grabbed the Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and five 450 GSM purple Eagle edgeless microfiber towels. I added 5 ounces of the RW to 4 gallons of water, so the solution and towels were ready.

Before I got going on the RW I sprayed What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen in the wheel wells and grabbed my go to for the tires/wheels...Brake Buster. Speaking of P&S products I ordered the just released DREAM MAKER this morning after watching Guz's video, maybe I should've waited till the end but that's ok, small purchase, no biggie. Anywho, all 4 brushes were used here as they were dirty but between the Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating and 303 spray graphene on the wheel faces, this was an easy clean up. Btw the tires were beading like my paintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then knocked out the wash on the ES, big fan of this product and should be tried by everyone as it's a pure cleaner and ON PAR cost wise with N914, see not all Griot's Garage products are pricey. My Gauntlet drying towel had ZERO problems here, then I was done.

To finish up I dried the tires/wheels and then added a light coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing for the cherry on topWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looking forward to a fresh ride going to work tomorrow morning....and it's Thursday alreadyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finished a customers scooby and of course it rains before delivery. Lucky that he got stuck in traffic and the roads were pretty much dry by the time it left.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-c9d657cf-bfd6-4ef6-8e91-2f6cf87c59f1-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-b8882696-f29d-4303-8bc5-3ae0a2848e95-jpg

6. Likes Big Dave, DFB, DetailKitty, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostknife View Post
    Finished a customers scooby and of course it rains before delivery. Lucky that he got stuck in traffic and the roads were pretty much dry by the time it left.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-c9d657cf-bfd6-4ef6-8e91-2f6cf87c59f1-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-b8882696-f29d-4303-8bc5-3ae0a2848e95-jpg
    Well had he shown up you point out the great beading of the LSP you usedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes chilly liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Well had he shown up you point out the great beading of the LSP you usedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Pics were shown when he showed up, I quickly blew the car off since the sun came right back out. Wanted to avoid water spots

10. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Let us know what you think about Rags to Riches please

Have used the Rags to Riches a couple of times now.

The towels once dried seem to be softer than usual. It even improved some really well used and abused towels that were not far from being demoted to oil rags.

Still early days, but I can definitely feel a difference. Is it worth an extra $10.00 per bottle? Maybe, maybe not.

12. Likes chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Have used the Rags to Riches a couple of times now.

The towels once dried seem to be softer than usual. It even improved some really well used and abused towels that were not far from being demoted to oil rags.

Still early days, but I can definitely feel a difference. Is it worth an extra $10.00 per bottle? Maybe, maybe not.
    I appreciate the feedback and look forward to hearing about your longer term experience

Cheers

Michael

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After the rain yesterday the ES was in need of a wash! As soon as I got home I got to it. Since the self cleaning of fresh coat of Adam's spray graphene was doing its thing I chose to do a RW. For this task I grabbed the Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash and five 450 GSM purple Eagle edgeless microfiber towels. I added 5 ounces of the RW to 4 gallons of water, so the solution and towels were ready.

Before I got going on the RW I sprayed What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Kleen in the wheel wells and grabbed my go to for the tires/wheels...Brake Buster. Speaking of P&S products I ordered the just released DREAM MAKER this morning after watching Guz's video, maybe I should've waited till the end but that's ok, small purchase, no biggie. Anywho, all 4 brushes were used here as they were dirty but between the Feynlab Black Velvet Tire Coating and 303 spray graphene on the wheel faces, this was an easy clean up. Btw the tires were beading like my paintWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I then knocked out the wash on the ES, big fan of this product and should be tried by everyone as it's a pure cleaner and ON PAR cost wise with N914, see not all Griot's Garage products are pricey. My Gauntlet drying towel had ZERO problems here, then I was done.

To finish up I dried the tires/wheels and then added a light coat of Adam's graphene tire dressing for the cherry on topWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Looking forward to a fresh ride going to work tomorrow morning....and it's Thursday alreadyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

When you are rinseless washing do you bucket clean the wheels with BrakeBuster?

Post Thanks / Like

I got ambitious today and did two panels after figuring out a pattern for correcting/ polishing from the previous days

I spot washed the panels, deconned, then clay mitt, really good rinse, and towel and blow dry about 3 times over a 30 minute period so there wouldn’t be any taping issues from moisture

I got out my PC and put on my 3” Rupes yellow pad and applied Sonax PF

I have been using this combo all along on this project and dealing with the usual dusting but today it was a disaster

I did one pass up and back on the upper fender and that’s what was on the door

That’s not splatter, it’s Sonax dust

I cleaned the pad, reapplied a couple dots and did a smaller pass

Dusted just as bad

I pulled the pad and tossed it in the bucket and reached for 3D One and a Rupes white pad

I think I’m done with SPF

17. Likes PaulMys, Big Dave, Rsurfer liked this post
Page 644 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1445445946346356366376386396406416426436446456466476486496506516526536546947441144 ... LastLast