autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Used the garage to get out of the sun and did the exterior and interior. Still hot in the garage.

Exterior rinseless wash with Griot's BF. Tried out one of the large Kwazar spray bottles to presoak. worked well to get a lot of mist on the car but it was a little heavy when full. Probably won't fill it up next time.

Then did the interior with Griot's Interior Cleaner, 303, and Griot's Leather 3in1. Used the thin Cobra microfiber applicators to put on the 303 and Leather 3in1. Had one split on me. That was the first time using it.
    Love the red leather trim!

I have a thing for red.

2. Likes Klasse Act, MisterSnoop liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Really?

Wow that’s on point! You’ve got like 3 full bottles of Invisible Glass on deck… That’s when you know a person isn’t messing around. Lol.

Speaking of 1 liter bottles being large or heavy… I recently had 1 of my Megs dispenser bottles crack at the neck during use. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve had it happen to one of those bottles and I think it’s due to leaving the bottles out in the sun for prolonged exposure. And the fact that I’m sometimes a bit OCD when it comes to keeping them completely filled probably doesn’t help matters due to the weight of the bottle when it’s full.

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The gf commented about her car having fur/dust so that car was up today. Fortunately, there's a seat cover in the back at least.

1 of the 3 clients was happy. She said it looks like a 5 year old did it when she does it. The other 2 clients think it needs more fur now.

Post Thanks / Like

Polished & coated this ZR2 along with restoring the trim. Not 100 percent don’t in this pic but the sunlight is good at the moment, so I had to snap a couple pics.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Day 4 -

After a bit of a run around, I finally got a new battery in the Jag.

I rang the dealer and asked if they could quote me a price, and to leave me a message as I would be working. The message arrived to advise me a windscreen supplied and fitted would be $2985. Windscreen?! Cue me calling again to say that I was pretty sure I had asked for a battery not a windscreen. Anyway, I was quoted a price and the battery was ordered, with a two day turn around.

Seven days later I was advised the item was in stock and that I could come in any time to have it fitted. Fine, I'll be in tomorrow. I was then phoned an hour later to advise that the they had been sort delivered, the paperwork said it was there but the battery had not been delivered. Another seven days, the battery was finally in stock. So I took it out there today, was told it would be a 15 min process. Try an hour, and because of Covid restrictions, I could not wait inside out of the cold, instead standing outside watching the traffic pass by.

Anyway, all of that now has the big cat cranking like a champion. I was sent a PDF of the battery change procedure that Jaguar techs follow when doing this job, not a simple new for old process. That is why I paid for the dealer to do, and endured the clunky customer service. If something go's wrong, it's on them.

And of course, it rained just before I was due to drive out there.

Out with the gear, as it started to rain again, for an express detail.

And, as I drove it back into the garage to dry it off, of course it stopped raining and sun appeared.

Lesson learnt from this, DON'T break a windscreen in a Jaguar XE, it will cost you $3000!

Oh, and the battery was $685!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wow that’s on point! You’ve got like 3 full bottles of Invisible Glass on deck… That’s when you know a person isn’t messing around. Lol.
    I don't mess around!!

When your onto a good thing and all.....

Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Day 4 -

After a bit of a run around, I finally got a new battery in the Jag.

I rang the dealer and asked if they could quote me a price, and to leave me a message as I would be working. The message arrived to advise me a windscreen supplied and fitted would be $2985. Windscreen?! Cue me calling again to say that I was pretty sure I had asked for a battery not a windscreen. Anyway, I was quoted a price and the battery was ordered, with a two day turn around.

Seven days later I was advised the item was in stock and that I could come in any time to have it fitted. Fine, I'll be in tomorrow. I was then phoned an hour later to advise that the they had been sort delivered, the paperwork said it was there but the battery had not been delivered. Another seven days, the battery was finally in stock. So I took it out there today, was told it would be a 15 min process. Try an hour, and because of Covid restrictions, I could not wait inside out of the cold, instead standing outside watching the traffic pass by.

Anyway, all of that now has the big cat cranking like a champion. I was sent a PDF of the battery change procedure that Jaguar techs follow when doing this job, not a simple new for old process. That is why I paid for the dealer to do, and endured the clunky customer service. If something go's wrong, it's on them.

And of course, it rained just before I was due to drive out there.

Out with the gear, as it started to rain again, for an express detail.

And, as I drove it back into the garage to dry it off, of course it stopped raining and sun appeared.

Lesson learnt from this, DON'T break a windscreen in a Jaguar XE, it will cost you $3000!

How hard can it be to listen to what you asked, and double check before you get the customer to come in.

I didn't say it at the time, but when I got the new tyres on the Qashqai, they forgot to put the new tyres on. The tyre shop is under a shopping centre, so when I picked up the car it was in a darkish corner, they did the alignment but forgot the tyres. I didn't get angry, but I did get a free alignment for the FJ out of it.

As for having to wash it after driving it home, rain or not, you would have any way is my guess.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

10. Likes DFB, Tasmania liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez. Was $400 of that labor?

When we were under lockdown, I preferred to wait outside at the dealer. Surprised me they didn't have a place outside to sit.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lockdown Day 5 -

I can take it no longer!

Two weeks without a wash combined with despicable weather, the Ranger needed a wash. The rain is supposed to be easing away for a couple of days, so it will at least stay clean for a bit.

I always start with wheels and wheel arches. In situations like this, I like to spray a bit of Brake Buster into the wheel arches to help things along.

And yes, I do occasionally clean the chassis rails.

The pre-wash rinse didn't remove much of the road film so I decided to pre-soak with NV Snow today, the tray included. This helps soften the grime before another rinse, this time removing roughly 80-90% of the road film. I also used warm water in the foam cannon. If you have ever doubted the effectiveness of snow-foaming, I can tell you that it is most definitely not just for showing off to the neighbors.

Onto something that has been annoying for a while now. On the drivers side sill, there has been a yellowed stain that has stubbornly refused to removed, even with strong APC. This stain is most likely caused by boots or leg as I brush past getting in and out of the car. I have a feeling it might be the effects of wearing sunscreen in the summer time. Either way, some Scholl S20 and the iBrid sorted it out in no time. Again, I'm sure my gardening customers appreciate the effort.

And good news! Our illustrious leaders have decided to extend the locks and chains for another seven days. Not sure if I should be pleased I get another weeks holiday or be terrified that it could crush my employer and therefore have no job to return to?

14. Likes Tasmania, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And good news! Our illustrious leaders have decided to extend the locks and chains for another seven days. Not sure if I should be pleased I get another weeks holiday or be terrified that it could crush my employer and therefore have no job to return to?
    And yet we have more daily cases, and a bigger outbreak, but we're not locked down. But they are 60kms south of me.

I had to QD the Qashqai today, who would've thought that I could walk the dogs back 3 kms from the duckpond, where they like to dunk themselves, and they would still be wet enough to shake themselves next to the car and leave little water spots all over it.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

16. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 603 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 1035035535935945955965975985996006016026036046056066076086096106116126136537031103 ... LastLast