autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

The Qashqai got serviced this week, and they have a gravel and dirt car park, obviously they left it outside for a little while.

Cleaned the wheels with Bowden's Wheely Clean, they weren't too bad. Then gave it a 2B wash with Mother's California Gold, and dried with Bowden's After Glow.

Bonus pic at the end, the new tyres have a cool 3D optical illusion on them. I had to touch them when I first noticed it, to see if it was actually sticking out. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210626_151258-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210626_151017-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210626_151505-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210626_151811-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20210626_152333-jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, 2black1s liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Well, the clean-up following the 3 day/2,500 mile return trip took me about 24.5 hours spread over 4 days. Finished it tonight.

The process...

- A thorough bucket and hose wash job; Zero concern with being gentle
    - Clay all painted surfaces and some chrome primarily to remove the residual bug remnants in addition to the standard bonded contaminants
    - Polish w/Meguiar's 210, 1 & 3-inch rotary, 3-inch DA, and some hand polishing
    - Hand apply Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax to painted surfaces
    - Hand apply Meguiar's OTC Liquid Cleaner Wax and/or spray wax to all chrome
    - Clean and condition all vinyl/plastic trim w/Meguiar's 40

This was my first full vehicle experience using M210 and wow was I impressed. It has a nearly infinite buffing cycle and finished out beautifully on this black Harley paint.

Before/After...

Attachment 73723 Attachment 73724 Attachment 73725
    Looks great! I was thinking about picking up some M210 as I do need to add a dedicated finishing polish to the arsenal.

BTW disregard the dislike, dang computer glitched out on me.

4. Likes 2black1s liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by SNP209 View Post
    Looks great! I was thinking about picking up some M210 as I do need to add a dedicated finishing polish to the arsenal.
    I picked up a bottle of M210 about a month ago and I’ve used it 2-3 times. I’m still not convinced it’s better than M205. Time will tell, but so far I’m just not feeling it.

It seems to have less cutting power than M205 and if that proves to be significant will be something I’ll sorely miss as M205 is capable of working as a 1 step polish a good majority of the time.

I just now realized the difference on the labels cut scale.
    M205 = 4 cut
    M210 = 3 cut

6. Thanks SNP209 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Harley looks computer generated because it’s so perfect!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

8. Likes 2black1s liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just now realized the difference on the labels cut scale.
    M205 = 4 cut
    M210 = 3 cut
    I think that is why the 210 finishes out so nicely.

I have previously used 205 on this bike and it worked well also, as expected, but I don't remember ever thinking "Wow" as I was using it. This go-around with the 210 and I was super impressed. There was definitely a little "Wow" factor as I was polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my black truck with 205.
    First time I've used it with a DA.
    This stuff is like a bulldozer. I like it.
    Had a few fine scratches here and there. Gone.
    The main reason I used it was some bird bomb etching in the clear coat.
    It took care of them with ease.
    So if 210 is just a bit less aggressive I think it would be perfect for a twice a year throw down for a daily. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Because it's been raining all morning, with small breaks inbetween, I decided to do something. I went out and vac'd out the interior and some of the trunk. I then took out my driver's side floor mat and brought it inside. I then grabbed my Little Green Machine and filled the solution tank half way up with a 1:1 ratio of Purple Power. I then cleaned the sh!t out of that mat...up and down and side to side and used up the entire tank. It's now off to the side to dry. At some point it will go back in the ES and I'll spray some CG's Black Frost through out the interior and depending on the weather, I may apply a quick coat of Gyeon Leather on the seats, steering wheel and shiftknobWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After watching Italy v. Austria this afternoon it cleared up outside (knowing more should be coming) and I needed to be productive today, so I decided to wash the ES.

Since the self cleaning abilities did their job, along with a constant rain and sometimes monsoon levels of rain, the ES wasn't dirty at all, just the wheel barrels and wells needed a little attention. I filled the CG's foam gun with TW HS ceramic wash and got to it. I actually started with the rims, using this soap and scrubbed them down using only the Speed Master wheel brush.

Next up was applying the TWHS ceramic wash to the ES but I also added some P&S Pearl soap when the other soap was used up, a double wash if you will. I rinsed the soaps off and then used free flowing water to wash away the beading to make drying easier. For drying a single Gauntlet towel was used, jams too.

After I dried the tires/wheels I sprayed some Gyeon Tire cleaner onto the designated tire/wheel mf towel and wiped the tires. They looked nice after the wipe, a natrual black but I decided to add a light layer of Auto-Fanatic tire dressing.

Finally I re-installed the floor mat I cleaned earlier in the day, applied Gyeon Leather to the seats, section of the door panels, steering wheel and shiftknob. Sprayed CG's Black Frost in the interior to finish up the interior.

For the hell of it I cleaned the outside windows as well as the inside door windows with DG glass cleaner (gave the Clarify a break) and my GG PFM glass towels.

Now I don't feel like a bumWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys, Jayfro liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Sleeping kitty on the clean soft mat is a perfect touch.
    Ha ha ha purrrfect!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I posted this but apparently it didn't go throughWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I decided to add some Klasse Sealant Glaze to the ES, I mean it's in my screen name and I haven't used it in FOREVER so why not! I'm liking the "wax on, wax off" way of doing it, pretty rewarding What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I added some Adam's graphene tire dressing to finish it off properlyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Page 584 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 844845345745755765775785795805815825835845855865875885895905915925935946346841084 ... LastLast