autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    customer vehicle. we're done with minivans.
    Gotcha. Just had to check.

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    although there's nothing mini about the new Honda Vans. LOL
    No kidding! That was my first thought - that's a loooootta square footage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Maintenance wash for my sisters car today. Was nice to have someone to help and chat too for a change.

I'm really impressed with the durability of the Hydr02 and Beadmaker I have on this car. Considering how little effort it takes to apply these two, it looks absolutely amazing.
    That car looks so sweet in that color. What a beautiful combination. Nice job.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been ordering a number of new things to try out, some sold here and some not and I'm really excitedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Odrapnew View Post
    Mustang got its first wash of the season.
    Yes, that's a rust hole behind the front tire.
    Previous owner(s) drove it through MN winters.

White notch back w/17" Torque Thrust-styled rimsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Thanks Odrapnew thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Been ordering a number of new things to try out, some sold here and some not and I'm really excitedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hmmm...... This is very ambiguous, Rog.

Pizza stones? That new "As seen on TV" Flex Paste that they made a boat with??
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a minute to try out the flex for the first time today, cleaned up both headlights on the work car. Literally took two minutes!
    Hit with foam cut pad and a splash of d300

Sent from my SM-G973U using TapatalkAttachment 73369Attachment 73370
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-20210510_171511-jpg  

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I'm a thousand miles into a 1,700 mile drive to my MN home. I'm trying out BF Bug Blocker on the front. I'm surprised at the lack of flying test examples! Even my windshield is staying quite clean at 75-80 mph for hours on end.

Attachment 73358 Attachment 73359
    I'm back. The shingles on the house are being replaced so I cannot get close to the house to try a water blast test. I did one dry rub in photo one that removed most of the bugs. The thick one remaining popped right off with a fingernail.

The second photo is one wipe after an application of BF Bug Remover to the left of the dry wipe.

I'm impressed. The remaining bugs "popped" right off with a little push with my fingernail. They left no residue. Anyone reading this knows how a bug splatter kinda glues itself to the surface forcing you to soak it over and over trying to soften it and scrubbing with a stiff "bug Sponge".... I always "wax" the front end the day before a trip.

Interesting how the layer of Bug Blocker DID create a layer to keep the bugs from bonding. I kept the Bug Blocker to the area my clear bra covers the front end. It's does stay kinda greasy so if you pass too close to a panel it will smear on your pants. I was washing the windshield and hit the corner of the fender walking around.

I have a 700 mile drive next week to Detroit. We'll see if the bigger bugs are out.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_8651-jpg What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_8652-jpg

13. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I took possession of one of the most intriguing new products for 2021...Gyeon Wax! It's been formulated to work on a coated car and has an usual cure time of 30 minutes before you remove it. It's also made with something I've never heard of, so a combo of interesting things to say the least. Its package with the cool Gyeon box, a unique applicator that's going to be VERY ergonomic and a nice mf towel for removal, seriously, not some throw away mf towel. The Gyeon Wax itself is like a big deodorant stick.

I haven't seen too many reviews on this yetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Does anyone know what the carnauba content isWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Really looking forward to trying this because I bought Feynlab RW, made it up as a WW and made it too strong, like 1 oz per 1000 ML and stripped everything down except for my coating (i think) Either way, I'll have a clean slate to apply this too and next time I use Feynlab, I'll trust the directions and mix accordinglyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

15. Likes PaulMys, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No pics since you’ve all seen it, but washed my Jeep and then hit it with DP Need for Bead. That stuff is super slippery, I can’t believe how slick it is. I got it at the BOGO sale, so 2 bottles for $10. I will be buying more. Also, the smell is intoxicating. I’ve seen others say it smells like blue Gatorade and I think I agree. Just stronger. It’s nice.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

17. Likes Klasse Act, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I ran through the ES through my "safe" carwash yesterday morning and you get a next day wash for FREE, so I used it after work. I left the carwash and headed to my local park for some shade to try out a new product on the paint. I mentioned previously that I tried Feynlab RW and made it up as a WW but too strong, strong enough to basically strip down my LSP's (not the coating though) Because of this I basically had a clean slate to start from...enter the product:

GYEON WAXWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm going to describe this product this way. Yeah it's old in application and removal and probably ingredients, but they tweaked them and added "something" modern to the mix. Tip of the cap for taking a couple years to develop a new WAX during spray on this and spray on that! What they basically did was a "Pro Touring" Wax (old school body with modern running gear) Yeah I know it's a car analogy but I think it best describes this product.

The product is well packaged as only Gyeon does it and comes with ergonomic applicator and high quality removal towel, not some POS throw away here! The twist with this product is after application you wait THIRTY MINUTES to remove. I heard you can leave it on overnight if you want to even. I waited the 30 minutes and it came off VERY easy, best way to describe it and I seriously mean E A S Y!! Theres no dust or fuss. The look is best described as a glow with a little sharpness. My paint was polished last year when I applied TAC system power plus Sio2 paint coating and well maintained since then, so that helps but I was happy with the new lookWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This Gyeon Wax was made to be a stand alone as well as a topper for ceramic coatings, I assume it would work with graphene coatings but I'm purely guessing here. I've heard durability is good but Gyeon doesn't make ridiculous claims at durability but I'd bet if you left it alone and maintained on a DD outside it would last a solid 4-6 monthes. Now I'll be honest here, as you guys know I can't leave it alone and I see myself applying another coat next month, what happens inbetween is a game time decision.

In closing I'll say this product was well worth the wait and the price and if my opinion means anything to you, I think you guys will LOVE this product without a doubtWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

19. Likes PaulMys, Jayfro, MadMerc, Big Dave liked this post
Page 553 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 534535035435445455465475485495505515525535545555565575585595605615625636036531053 ... LastLast