autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Wow, 23%! The trend here in America lately has been gray, black, white or silver it seems.
    Man, you aren't kidding.

The dealer I work for is small, and we usually have between 75-95 new units on the lot. It seems like one big sea of Black, White, Gray, Silver, and Dark Blue.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Neighbors got a race red with the red interior. Love the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DFB, Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spent some blissful time before work this morning re-organizing the chemical cabinet. Several products, unused for years, found their way to bin.

5. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to get home in a bit and wash the ESWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Spent some blissful time before work this morning re-organizing the chemical cabinet. Several products, unused for years, found their way to bin.

Got KwazzerWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So after a week of salt dust, driving through puddles and thawing snow that makes a lane a mess, it was time for the other therapy, the SAWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started out with Brake Buster in my IK Pro2 and this thing is pissing me off, doesn't foam like my smaller IK or my IK 1.5. I've changed the filter, took it apart and rinsed everything and it worked great when I did that but a week later not so muchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I got the tires/wheels looking great and while rinsing them the beading was AWESOME! I have Meg's HCW @4:1 laid down from 2 weeks ago but last week I put the graphene detailer I'm beta testing on them, really impressive!

I then turned my attention to the car itself and reached for Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW (4 ounces to 3 gallons for me, a tad more product) Damn I love this stuff, seriously. I used the usual 5 plush, edgeless mf towels and my 1000 ML Kwazzer and knocked it out.

I then turned my attention to the engine bay, it was in need of good cleaning! I used some of the left over RW and designated mf towel and did a good enough job until spring is here where I'll grab the Alien Kleen, some brushes and my Worx hydroshot @ low pressure and really get after it, this cleaning today makes that job easier going forward. I also wiped the door jams good with a left over mf towel from the wash, as well as my exhaust tips and muffler (yep, my car has REAL exhaust tips, what a conceptWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

For the tires I reached for Griot's Garage tire prep, really liking this more and more. It left the tires clean and natrual looking. For dressing I applied 2x's "Eve's better half" graphene tire dressing and I really like it. I'll be beta testing a new graphene tire dressing in the near future, can't wait for that.

To finish up the ES I grabbed a new product in my collection...P&S Paint Gloss. After watching a review of this product I had to get some, so I did. This product is awesome at what it does, finished out nicely and smells like candy. I even put some on the rims, even though it didn't need itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm running a load of mf towels and my alarm is ringing to tell me they're done, so I've gotta go. Gold medal to those who read through all this, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Megs ultimate wash and wax to touch things up

11. Likes DFB, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So after a week of salt dust, driving through puddles and thawing snow that makes a lane a mess, it was time for the other therapy, the SAWWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Started out with Brake Buster in my IK Pro2 and this thing is pissing me off, doesn't foam like my smaller IK or my IK 1.5. I've changed the filter, took it apart and rinsed everything and it worked great when I did that but a week later not so muchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I got the tires/wheels looking great and while rinsing them the beading was AWESOME! I have Meg's HCW @4:1 laid down from 2 weeks ago but last week I put the graphene detailer I'm beta testing on them, really impressive!

I then turned my attention to the car itself and reached for Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW (4 ounces to 3 gallons for me, a tad more product) Damn I love this stuff, seriously. I used the usual 5 plush, edgeless mf towels and my 1000 ML Kwazzer and knocked it out.

I then turned my attention to the engine bay, it was in need of good cleaning! I used some of the left over RW and designated mf towel and did a good enough job until spring is here where I'll grab the Alien Kleen, some brushes and my Worx hydroshot @ low pressure and really get after it, this cleaning today makes that job easier going forward. I also wiped the door jams good with a left over mf towel from the wash, as well as my exhaust tips and muffler (yep, my car has REAL exhaust tips, what a conceptWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

For the tires I reached for Griot's Garage tire prep, really liking this more and more. It left the tires clean and natrual looking. For dressing I applied 2x's "Eve's better half" graphene tire dressing and I really like it. I'll be beta testing a new graphene tire dressing in the near future, can't wait for that.

To finish up the ES I grabbed a new product in my collection...P&S Paint Gloss. After watching a review of this product I had to get some, so I did. This product is awesome at what it does, finished out nicely and smells like candy. I even put some on the rims, even though it didn't need itWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'm running a load of mf towels and my alarm is ringing to tell me they're done, so I've gotta go. Gold medal to those who read through all this, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Ik’s garbage bro! Go for the Marolex won’t regret it. You can get them where you get your towels at in Texas.

The hydroshot for the engine is a great idea. May be the reason I finally buy one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to go outside and so an interior detail on the ES. Its going to be glass cleaned, dash cleaned and treated, door panels cleaned and treated and finishing up with cleaning the leather seats and treating them to a coating. I'll have pics and products used coming up, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it's going to mid 60's starting tomorrow and going into Wed, so I decided to get the interior cleaned up, inparticular coat the seats, so let's get started.

I started by cleaning the windows, everyone's favorite choreWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I used DG glass cleaner and some paper towel but will back over them tomorrow to get them perfect. Next up I grabbed the 303 Interior cleaner and cleaned the dash, door panels, console, backs of the seats and rest of all interior trim. Next up were the 303 Interior protectant wipes. I was given these when I toured the Gold Eagle facility (parent company to 303) a couple years ago. They are convenient but in prefer their protectant and a square applicator, so I wanted to use these up. It leaves the classic 303 finish, a natrual sheen...perfect! Moving along I grabbed the Connelly leather cleaner and big barrel brush to clean the seats real good, all crevices and perforated sections, dried and moved along. I also cleaned the steering wheel, ahiftknob and door jam inserts, all leather. The final step was applying Gyeon Leather Shield, a leather coating. This was very easy to use, no problems and now it cures and will be well protected for quite a whileWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It was cold last night, down to 18 degrees and the ES was frosted, so after looking it over after the interior detail I was like "yeah, it needs a wipedown" Since I liked the P&S Paint Gloss from yesterday i used it again, pretty solid product for what it isWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now the car sits till tomorrow where it will probably get salt dusted again, atleast it's supposed to rain Wed and Thursday, the only time I cheer for rain...to wash the winter mess off of the roadWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
Page 520 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 204204705105115125135145155165175185195205215225235245255265275285295305706201020 ... LastLast