autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    After over a month, I finally got to wash the Fusion. I also tried out a few new to me products.
    First, I foamed the car with Hyper Wash and then rinsed with my pressure washer. Then, I did a two bucket wash with Hyper Wash. Despite the salt and crud that remained after the foam, Hyper Wash really felt like the paint was lubricated. I'm glad that I picked this stuff up.
    Tires and wheels were tackled with tire and rubber cleaner and Diablo Wheel Cleaner.
    I used a Graphene detail spray as a drying aid and dressed the tires with a new to me Graphene Tire Dressing. I wasn't too happy with the dressing. But, that's probably because the tries need several good scrubs.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Hyper Wash is always my go-to soap. It's just the best out there IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I too cleaned the car this afternoon...50 degreesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by pre-treating the tires with Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner. Then I grabbed Brake Buster to tackle the rims, 4 brushes used and lots of B R O W N (who gets the BROWN referenceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) Then I sprayed Purple Power @ 1:1 into the wheelwells and let it sit.

I then foamed the car with leftover Griot's Garage foaming surface prep mixed with Auto-Fanatic snow Foam, let dwell and rinsed. Next up was a 2BM wash using 303 carwash soap. Because it was sunny the water was drying so I sprayed some water on each panel and tried a product I've been asked to beta test, I'll say this, it's a graphene detailer. I used it as a drying aid and it worked great, left the paint smooth and glossy (it was already pretty glossy from last weeks application of Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and coat and TWHS Pro Graphene treatments) I also have a graphene trim treatment as well, it too worked very well and I expect these products to do very well.

I finished the outside by spraying that same beta tested graphene detailer on my rims and dressed the tires with Auto Glym tyre gel (winner in Forensic Detailings tire product shootout about a month ago). Per DFB's suggestion I applied it light but even still, one swipe and I had GREAT coverage. I plan on wiping it down tomorrow to ensure no sling as DFB said the product can do if not leveled out (thanks DFB!)

Next I turned my attention to my WeatherTechs...O M G What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The drivers liner and rear liner were hammered, between my daughter and I they were nasty! While out I vac'd under them because no matter how good they are, the cut out for the fuel door/trunk collected "stuff" and an area infront of that was white and krusty too! For the krusty areas I reached for Alien Kleen and a medium sized barrel brush and random mf towel. After a couple go around it was clean, knocked out the pedals, vinyl sills and back of the p/s seat (Kendall's feet just find them, its vinyl anywho). After cleaning the WeatherTechs in my tub with the designated WeatherTech cleaner, I dried them and conditioned them with the WeatherTech conditioner....all brand new lookin" againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'd like to post pics of my car but I used up my allotment of pics for the month, ah doesn't matter, EVERYONE knows what the ES looks like but my God the Gloss and Glow of the paint, looks plugged in in that beautiful sunshine todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes MadMerc, Big Dave, dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I too cleaned the car this afternoon...50 degreesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started by pre-treating the tires with Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner. Then I grabbed Brake Buster to tackle the rims, 4 brushes used and lots of B R O W N (who gets the BROWN referenceWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) Then I sprayed Purple Power @ 1:1 into the wheelwells and let it sit.

I then foamed the car with leftover Griot's Garage foaming surface prep mixed with Auto-Fanatic snow Foam, let dwell and rinsed. Next up was a 2BM wash using 303 carwash soap. Because it was sunny the water was drying so I sprayed some water on each panel and tried a product I've been asked to beta test, I'll say this, it's a graphene detailer. I used it as a drying aid and it worked great, left the paint smooth and glossy (it was already pretty glossy from last weeks application of Griot's Garage Ceramic wash and coat and TWHS Pro Graphene treatments) I also have a graphene trim treatment as well, it too worked very well and I expect these products to do very well.

I finished the outside by spraying that same beta tested graphene detailer on my rims and dressed the tires with Auto Glym tyre gel (winner in Forensic Detailings tire product shootout about a month ago). Per DFB's suggestion I applied it light but even still, one swipe and I had GREAT coverage. I plan on wiping it down tomorrow to ensure no sling as DFB said the product can do if not leveled out (thanks DFB!)

Next I turned my attention to my WeatherTechs...O M G What did you do today, in regards to detailing? The drivers liner and rear liner were hammered, between my daughter and I they were nasty! While out I vac'd under them because no matter how good they are, the cut out for the fuel door/trunk collected "stuff" and an area infront of that was white and krusty too! For the krusty areas I reached for Alien Kleen and a medium sized barrel brush and random mf towel. After a couple go around it was clean, knocked out the pedals, vinyl sills and back of the p/s seat (Kendall's feet just find them, its vinyl anywho). After cleaning the WeatherTechs in my tub with the designated WeatherTech cleaner, I dried them and conditioned them with the WeatherTech conditioner....all brand new lookin" againWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'd like to post pics of my car but I used up my allotment of pics for the month, ah doesn't matter, EVERYONE knows what the ES looks like but my God the Gloss and Glow of the paint, looks plugged in in that beautiful sunshine todayWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Here are those pics!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

6. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, SANTA3013 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John ^^^^^

I tried to channel my DFB bright blue G L O W What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Thanks MadMerc, DFB thanked for this post
    Likes MadMerc, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted recently how well the CarPro Clarify Streak Free Car Window Cleaner works. I used it today on all the glass on my ‘08 Tacoma. I was flabbergasted how well this product cleaned. All windows are crystal clear and have no streaks or any other issues.

You might see a small chip in the windshield in this picture however the glass is clean and clear

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

10. Likes MadMerc, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Knocked off a few weeks of winter on the truck. Used my new Underwasher to flush out the undercarriage. Cleaned and detailed the engine. Used Griots ceramic soap. Treated the tonneau cover with Wolfstiens protectant.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

This week I had a Landcruiser to detail with a healthy 174,000 miles on the clock. The paint on this beast is called Golden Wheat, the interior carpets sporting a similar coloring. I find this an odd choice for what is generally purchased as an off-road, kid carrier or farm vehicle.

Overall, the condition of the car wasn't as bad as I had been expecting, even the interior was pretty clean. And check out the Toyota branded sheepskin seat covers.

The big Landy was a tighter fit in the garage than usual.

Ready for return -

These Landcruiser's sell very well here in Australia, even this well used example would command a healthy amount on the used car market. With a 4.5 V8 diesel, this thing felt so smooth and effortless, I can see why these are so popular for towing and long distance road tripping. And the hideous sheepskin seat covers? Very, very comfortable!

13. Likes Big Dave, Klasse Act, MadMerc, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John ^^^^^

I tried to channel my DFB bright blue G L O W What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You nailed it!

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    This week I had a Landcruiser to detail with a healthy 174,000 miles on the clock. The paint on this beast is called Golden Wheat, the interior carpets sporting a similar coloring. I find this an odd choice for what is generally purchased as an off-road, kid carrier or farm vehicle.

Overall, the condition of the car wasn't as bad as I had been expecting, even the interior was pretty clean. And check out the Toyota branded sheepskin seat covers.

The big Landy was a tighter fit in the garage than usual.

Ready for return -

These Landcruiser's sell very well here in Australia, even this well used example would command a healthy amount on the used car market. With a 4.5 V8 diesel, this thing felt so smooth and effortless, I can see why these are so popular for towing and long distance road tripping. And the hideous sheepskin seat covers? Very, very comfortable!
    Years ago I had a boss who always bought his cars in these type of colours, he described it as "Metallic Dirt". Said it never mattered if he washed it, nobody could tell.

I could tell.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

17. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The one time 29.99 fee is definitely worth the unlimited pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 516 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 164164665065075085095105115125135145155165175185195205215225235245255265666161016 ... LastLast