autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Also did a rinseless wash a few days ago with my new Workshop Solutions Work Cart. Really like that one. Used Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless wash as well as a prespray with Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Waterless. For towels I used the Cobra Buff and Shine and a black one for the coated wheels/tires.

My process is to drop two towels into the rinseless wash to soak and then spray a section of the car with waterless wash as a prespray. Then I clean the section with a wet towel and then dry with one of the other towels. I spritz the towel with the waterless to act as a drying aid and then after I dry a section, I drop that towel into the rinseless to soak. Then I spray the next section with waterless and wash with the towel that has been soaking longest. I haven't noticed any swirl marks and I've been paying attention since I did a full polish in the fall and followed up with CanCoat.

2. Likes Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dgage, very unique finish on those rims and it really compliments the color of your rideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Dgage, very unique finish on those rims and it really compliments the color of your rideWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Thanks Klasse Act. Here is a picture when I purchased it used. The wheels needed some road rash fixed so I took it to a wheel repair guy and I ended up going with the Dodge color Brass Monkey to add a little, hopefully tasteful, flair to the car.

6. Likes Klasse Act, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks Klasse Act. Here is a picture when I purchased it used. The wheels needed some road rash fixed so I took it to a wheel repair guy and I ended up going with the Dodge color Brass Monkey to add a little, hopefully tasteful, flair to the car.

I've gotta tell you, looks OEM to me, great ideaWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Thanks dgage thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just did the exhaust tips on my 2012 Acura TL that I purchased used last year so they may never have been touched since new. Pretty good before and after though I didn’t expect it to take quite so much scrubbing but that was mainly the heat “burn” at the bottom of the exhaust. Overall I can’t complain and since I haven’t tried another metal polish on it, I’d say Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner worked great using the Lake Country Exhaust Polishing Sponge. I also applied some Collinite 855 metal polish to add a little protection just in case it helps.

Also, since it was winter, I didn’t use any water or precleaning, just went at it with the polish, sponge, and a (wheel) towel. When I hook the hose back up, I may try to clean the inside of the exhaust tip. Probably took about 20 minutes for both exhaust tips.

Before

After

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to future pics of this car! Your posts are very detailed and the little touches you've made to your car are well thought outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looking forward to future pics of this car! Your posts are very detailed and the little touches you've made to your car are well thought outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    Thanks. I’ll probably put a ceramic coating on this spring and will use the Leather Doctor AP3 kit I just ordered on a few minor issues. That’s probably about it for my car though I have to do some work on my son’s car that I just bought him in December and needs a good polishing and will get a ceramic coating as well. Currently thinking about 2 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0 and 1 coat of CQuartz Sic but I haven’t purchased anything yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    ... When I hook the hose back up, I may try to clean the inside of the exhaust tip...
    Back when I had a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with similar polished exhaust tips, I painted the inside portion with flat-black hi-temp paint. Nice look and very little cleaning/maintenance required.

14. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Back when I had a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with similar polished exhaust tips, I painted the inside portion with flat-black hi-temp paint. Nice look and very little cleaning/maintenance required.
    What do you think for prep? Clean, degrease, scuff sand, wipe with acetone, tape off, and spray? I ask since you’re a paint expert. Thanks.

And that brings up one other thing I have planned, which is to put some Acura brake caliper covers on but they don’t completely cover the sides so I’ll need to paint the sides of the calipers black before putting the covers on. Sounds like a good pair of tasks to do simultaneously.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-e0d9825a-b34e-4ab1-981b-143a7a1083d3-jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

In Australia, you are either a Ford man or a Holden man. (Unless you are one of those guys on the outer who is into Valiants. )

Those brand sentiments are are fading now that both brands have shuttered their local factories. That said, as a Ford man, having a Holden in my garage for the first time was a somewhat awkward moment!

This Holden Cruze needed some attention to get it looking good again.

The brake pedal feel on this car was excellent on the drive back to the garage. On inspection of the wheels, it was pretty clear why. The brake pads Holden chose for the Cruze are of the dusty kind, and while the faces looked ok, the barrels were sludged up with thick black dust.

Despite plenty of rinsing of my brushes with the pressure washer, this was the sludge at the bottom of my wheel bucket.

As always, it's the interior that soaks up the time. This car wasn't too bad but the cheap carpet again rears it's ugly head.

A combination of APC, Megs Quick Interior Detailer and Bowdens Leather love returned the interior to it's best. I like the combination of leather and suede trimmed seats.

Still not sure how I feel about this image.....

Completed and ready for return.

17. Likes Big Dave, dgage liked this post
Page 508 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 84084584984995005015025035045055065075085095105115125135145155165175185586081008 ... LastLast