autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 50 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859601001505501050 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Wash,clay with a nano sponge and new clay mitt on the windows, heavy overspray from a bodyshop, polished with blackfire primerAttachment 65629Attachment 65630 YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=mdbenge;1611839]^^^^^
    That's exactly what I've been doing for years! I use a clean/soapy_water_soaked MF mitt on a panel (or two at most), put the now dirty MF mitt in a bucket of dirty mitts. Pull another clean MF mitt out of the soapy water and go to the next panel. I usually go thru 8-10 mitts per car. They are very cheap and there's no reason to spend time cleaning them while washing the vehicle IMHO. Then they all go into the washing machine, simple.
    Years ago I explained my method on this forum and I was surprised how many negative comments I got. Most said it was overkill, which is hard to understand given this whole forum is about overkill to about 99.999% of the population.[/QUOTE

I'm with you. the easiest way for me is about 6 microfiber towels. and one bucket of soapy warm water. lay the towel flat then flip it & go over the same spot. the weight of the towel is enough I don't bear down on it. I do this with each panel in the winter time. when the weather is in the 35 to 40 degree range. the soapy water is pretty warm & it doesn't take long to run around the truck. in the summertime I foam cannon the vehicle & then do it the same way. I don't know if it's my imagination but it's a pretty quick process. sometimes I'll even grab a soaked towel & wring out over one of the panels. then I'll put it back in the bucket(because it's still clean) & use a loaded one. I mean I've got enough micro fiber mitts, but the towels are working great for me. don't forget a empty bucket to throw your dirty towels in. I'll rinse them out later while admiring my work.
    hmardown

4. Likes mdbenge, Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless washed the SS using Meguiar’s D114. I have nearly a half gallon of it in the basement so might as well use it before it goes bad. Forgot just how much I like it. Sad that 3M discontinued it. Wheels were cleaned with some of last nights McKee’s SiO2 wash. No LSP, beading still holding up quite well.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

6. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=hmardown;1611848]
    Quote Originally Posted by mdbenge View Post
    ^^^^^
    That's exactly what I've been doing for years! I use a clean/soapy_water_soaked MF mitt on a panel (or two at most), put the now dirty MF mitt in a bucket of dirty mitts. Pull another clean MF mitt out of the soapy water and go to the next panel. I usually go thru 8-10 mitts per car. They are very cheap and there's no reason to spend time cleaning them while washing the vehicle IMHO. Then they all go into the washing machine, simple.
    Years ago I explained my method on this forum and I was surprised how many negative comments I got. Most said it was overkill, which is hard to understand given this whole forum is about overkill to about 99.999% of the population.[/QUOTE

I'm with you. the easiest way for me is about 6 microfiber towels. and one bucket of soapy warm water. lay the towel flat then flip it & go over the same spot. the weight of the towel is enough I don't bear down on it. I do this with each panel in the winter time. when the weather is in the 35 to 40 degree range. the soapy water is pretty warm & it doesn't take long to run around the truck. in the summertime I foam cannon the vehicle & then do it the same way. I don't know if it's my imagination but it's a pretty quick process. sometimes I'll even grab a soaked towel & wring out over one of the panels. then I'll put it back in the bucket(because it's still clean) & use a loaded one. I mean I've got enough micro fiber mitts, but the towels are working great for me. don't forget a empty bucket to throw your dirty towels in. I'll rinse them out later while admiring my work.
    hmardown
    Scott from Dallas paint correction takes it one step further in a video and skipped the buckets used 5-6 micro fiber mitts, wet them down and just washed down after foam gunning the car. Why waste the soap. Said industry just wanted us to buy mor buckets, grit guards, and soap. Wish he woulda told me before I bought all those buckets, grit guards and soap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Rinseless washed the SS using Meguiar’s D114. I have nearly a half gallon of it in the basement so might as well use it before it goes bad. Forgot just how much I like it. Sad that 3M discontinued it.
    Sad day indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Scott from Dallas paint correction takes it one step further in a video and skipped the buckets used 5-6 micro fiber mitts, wet them down and just washed down after foam gunning the car. Why waste the soap. Said industry just wanted us to buy mor buckets, grit guards, and soap. Wish he woulda told me before I bought all those buckets, grit guards and soap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think he may have outsmarted himself, because where the heck are you supposed to toss each mitt once it’s been used? On the ground? Or on the paint you just finished washing? Where do you suppose he puts all those soggy mitts when it comes time to rinse the vehicle? I’d bet my life he doesn’t actually wash cars like that.

There’s a difference between being smart and being too cheap for your own good. Who’s sweatin over a plastic bucket or an ounce of car shampoo?

9. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have a rinse bucket when useing multible wash mitts and wash pads. But only to use the grit guard wash board in it to clean the wash mitts and then transfer them into another bucket. Just so they get the little dirt in them out as much as possible and being easier to rinse them out before tossing them in the washing machine. Don't want to have to much of car soap in them when they are in the washing machine as it can be a lot of foam in it LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing special,just a used Trax but it wasn't too bad,I snapped a quick pic because I like the color

Edit;oops,looks like my phone was upside down,lop
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

12. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally found some time after work to take the EcoBoost Fusion to the coin op to give it a good spray to get the last weeks of road salt off. Then a quick wash with N914. Paint was still glossy from the Beadmaker that I applied last month, but the slickness was pretty much gone. Topped with some D156 and dressed the tires with some Eco Touch tire shine (remember that?).

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    Finally found some time after work to take the EcoBoost Fusion to the coin op to give it a good spray to get the last weeks of road salt off. Then a quick wash with N914. Paint was still glossy from the Beadmaker that I applied last month, but the slickness was pretty much gone. Topped with some D156 and dressed the tires with some Eco Touch tire shine (remember that?).
    I do remember the EcoTouch products, remember when we cleaned out the Target stores of all their products, LOL. I have a fair amount of that product left still. How does it compare to Slick?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I do remember the EcoTouch products, remember when we cleaned out the Target stores of all their products, LOL. I have a fair amount of that product left still. How does it compare to Slick?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Totally different product from Slick. Lasts about two weeks for me. I could still tell that slick was there, even after almost four weeks after application.
    I still like Eco Touch, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Page 50 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253545556575859601001505501050 ... LastLast