autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I know what you mean with the weather. It got up to 60 on Thursday and I was on what ended up being a 4.5 hour troubleshooting call. Since I wasn’t presenting directly I got a quick rinseless wash in with Uber SiO2 Rinseless. At one point apparently I spoke and then didn’t put mute back on and they could hear me opening doors and breathing hard. I had to come clean about washing while the weather was good. Oh well.

And I’m with you, my wife’s van hasn’t been washed by me in months but that’s also partly due to my wife or son using it when I have time to wash it.

lol man, thats funny. I must admit, that may habe happened to me in the past, hahaha. Are you in IT?
    2005 Nissan 350z (Polish Angel Viking-Coat)/2020 AMG GLC43 (Polish Angel Viking-Coat and Auto Gliss 2.0)/2012 Honda Odyssey TE (Jescar Power Lock)/2020 AMG C43 (CQuartz UK3.0 and Auto Gliss 2.0)

Post Thanks / Like

polish and 1 coat of Powerlock+. 2nd coat later.

Post Thanks / Like

After the "death storm"What did you do today, in regards to detailing? blew in Friday, kinda continued during the night and into Sat the ES needed a wash. I opted for AMMO NYC Frothe, with a capful of Winter Boost, for the job. I decided to just use the leftover Frothe to clean the tires and wheel faces, not getting lazy just went this route. Once I was done I wiped down the jams and engine bay with Frothe and dressed the tires with ECO touch tire dressing. The glows in the parking lot till I head off to work tomorrow morning, probably covered in frostWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes Big Dave, dgage, Craig Encinitas, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Death storm?
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Death storm?
    Yeah, they predicted inches up here by us, the EPMD, GPS, Euro and whatever other alphabet soup model they brought up on Wed or Thursday....nothingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I like when they're wrong but how could they be so off and btw, 1-3" isn't a storm eitherWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ntwillie1 View Post
    lol man, thats funny. I must admit, that may habe happened to me in the past, hahaha. Are you in IT?
    Mostly IT but work with business units as well. I’m a Microsoft Project Server/Project Online expert. Been doing that as a consultant for 20 years, 2006-2016 at Microsoft and now I’m an independent consultant. Not exciting but it pays the bills.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got a chance to wash my wife’s van since either she is out shopping or my son has it when I want to do it. Not much time but I did get a good wash in with a thorough tire and wheel cleaning. Didn’t get a before but here’s the after. The wheels are shiny now but were a brownish-charcoal color when I started. The van needs some major correcting but that will have to wait until spring. If I get a chance I’ll try to put some Blackfire One Step on it for a little protection and a little correcting until I can do it right. Alternatively I may just put some Collinite 845 on until spring.

Products used:
    Meguiars D143 Non-Acid Tire and Wheel cleaner (in foamer)
    Gyeon Bathe
    P21S Total Auto Wash (in foamer) as presoak for bottom of car
    Duragloss Aquawax (drying aid)
    IK Foam Pro 2 Sprayer
    Scangrip I-Match 2 (dressing tires in dark)

I was bad and didn’t get a before but I remembered to get after-wash and after-dressing pictures.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-724d0a13-e23b-4710-9386-ad24cfacc9f2-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-5b115bcf-7ba9-41c6-9a8b-a00057e95488-jpg

9. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Clayed, polished and then applied a coating of Collinite 845 on the hood of my ‘08 Tacoma.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I fought some severe etched-in water spots on an ‘06 Volvo Wagon. It was a draw. Gave up and threw a coat of LVR 367 Magnum Wax on the hood. Never made it to the rest of the car.

I always believe it going lightest to most aggressive. 3D Water Spot remover, by hand, did zero. Per the instructions, I used a DA and a foam cutting pad which marginally diminished the water spots.

Broke out a purple wool pad on the Flex XCE with a compound and...you get the idea. Nothing.
    My professional detail friend recommended 3M rubbing compound or lacquer thinner.

Before:

No after shot. The owner says the spots most likely came from sprinklers. I would agree, as it hasn’t rained here.

This is a courtesy wash and the car is my guinea pig. But I’m sure something like this will come my way, and I need to know how to deal with it, and what to charge. Or, throw in the towel. I mean, could I be looking at wet sanding to fix this?

Also, it’s a realistic possibility that the owner has no choice where to park the car, and it could happen all over again. Another reason why I stopped after trying the most aggressive pad and product.

12. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My last detail of 2020 before going on VC in the house

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
Page 484 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 384434474475476477478479480481482483484485486487488489490491492493494534584984 ... LastLast