autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    the greatest country in the world...OURSWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    But it's such a shame that you're in the second best hemisphere on the planet. You northerners have to share your half of the planet with Russia and China, and they're just the worst.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

2. Likes DMiglio, Klasse Act, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a chance to work on this 2013 Range Rover Supercharged

P&S Brake buster rims
    Meguiars Degreaser Tires and wells
    Iron X rims and paint
    Foam cannon wash with Reset
    Optimum Clay Mitt
    CarPro Eraser (best smelling product in the game)
    CQuartz UK 3.0 and reload What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_20200821_012257_042-jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

4. Likes DMiglio, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MX5HIGH View Post
    Quick detail on my MX5 GT

That paint makes me happy, it's so red and glossy, love it. Always wanted to drive one of those to see what all the hoopla is about.

DetailKitty: Awesome rides!

MTLean: The Range has some beautiful black paint, that's for sure. Nice work.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

6. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    That paint makes me happy, it's so red and glossy, love it. Always wanted to drive one of those to see what all the hoopla is about.

DetailKitty: Awesome rides!

MTLean: The Range has some beautiful black paint, that's for sure. Nice work.
    Thanks for your positive feedback. I just bought a new product from Meguiar’s and wanted to try it out. It’s Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. I think I’m going to like it. A little goes a long way so a bottle should last a long time. This is one of those cars you have to experience before you know what all the hoopla is about 😀. Mine is 14 years old with 38,000 miles and is literally like new. Thanks again.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

8. Likes JDGolden, DMiglio, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You have to be over 50. It's like an AARP card.
    Paul that means you have 2 AARP cards? Lol Everyone here has one lol well besides me lls. I'm j/k

Sent from my SM-G986U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave the FJ a wash today, Meg's Gold Class foamed on then 2 bucket wash, dried with Bowden's After Glow. I noticed some water spotting on the glass, none on the paint that I could see, but it's silver so it's hard to tell in the sun. I looked at the shelf, had the choice of Autoglym Glass Polish or Durogloss Nu-Glass to remove them, opted for Autoglym, it's easier to use. 10 minutes and there gone, luckily they only appeared in the last couple of days. The new house next door had their new grass put down, and the sprinklers have been running for a few hours every night, combined with a strong wind blowing from that direction. I'll get the torch out after the sun goes down to see if there is any visible on the paint. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200825_151435-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-psx_20200825_153930-jpg

12. Likes DFB, DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave both the Ranger and XE maintenance washes today.

First up was the Ranger, filthy after two weeks of wet winter weather.

Today's soap of choice was CarPro's excellent Reset.

Those black trims and grill are next in line for some DLUX treatment.

After the I was done with the Ranger, the XE likewise needed two weeks worth of road grime removed.

Both cars had their interiors dressed with 303 and glass cleaned with Gyeon Q2M Glass Cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

So after driving in a massive thunderstorm Sunday and massive downpours after that, more rain and 95 degree heat yesterday and some early rain this morning and heat, the ES was ready for a wash. Thing is, the self cleaning ability of my coating/exp graphine coating, multiple toppers including Griot's Garage ceramic spray coating, showed little dirt. The tires/wheels weren't too bad, well, until I scrubbed them with Gyeon tire cleaner...WOW! Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner in the IK foamer made quick work of the rims, along with a variety of brushes. Once rinsed away it was time for a RW, GD method. As for product, well, I want to finish up products and a REAL good RW I have is "Eve's better half" brand, 1.5 oz to 3 gallons of water, 1000 ML Kwazzer and 5 edgeless mf towels and I was off to the races. Section at a time and used my Sucker Jr to dry, it laughed at what I asked of it. I finished up drying the rims and tires completely and will add some dressing to the tires tomorrow morning when I get to work. Speaking of tomorrow....

NINETY SIX DEGREES forecasted What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?...forget stay "tuned", try STAY HYDRATEDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So after driving in a massive thunderstorm Sunday and massive downpours after that, more rain and 95 degree heat yesterday and some early rain this morning and heat, the ES was ready for a wash. Thing is, the self cleaning ability of my coating/exp graphine coating, multiple toppers including Griot's Garage ceramic spray coating, showed little dirt. The tires/wheels weren't too bad, well, until I scrubbed them with Gyeon tire cleaner...WOW! Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner in the IK foamer made quick work of the rims, along with a variety of brushes. Once rinsed away it was time for a RW, GD method. As for product, well, I want to finish up products and a REAL good RW I have is "Eve's better half" brand, 1.5 oz to 3 gallons of water, 1000 ML Kwazzer and 5 edgeless mf towels and I was off to the races. Section at a time and used my Sucker Jr to dry, it laughed at what I asked of it. I finished up drying the rims and tires completely and will add some dressing to the tires tomorrow morning when I get to work. Speaking of tomorrow....

NINETY SIX DEGREES forecasted What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?...forget stay "tuned", try STAY HYDRATEDWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Never discount the ability of dirt to hide itself as a uniform and even coat that "doesn't look to bad", especially when applied while driving in the rain. I've been fooled by this before. For me the satisfaction comes from looking in the rinse bucket after finishing the upper surfaces, and seeing just how much dirt has been removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Never discount the ability of dirt to hide itself as a uniform and even coat that "doesn't look to bad", especially when applied while driving in the rain. I've been fooled by this before. For me the satisfaction comes from looking in the rinse bucket after finishing the upper surfaces, and seeing just how much dirt has been removed.

Your right, no doubt but my mango yellow mf towels told the story...very little dirt, zero on the top side and mimnal down lowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 434 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 334384424425426427428429430431432433434435436437438439440441442443444484534934 ... LastLast