autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I've been meaning to post these for a week or so, recently washed my new truck. Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Blackfire Spray Carnauba Wax.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0419-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0418-jpg

2. Likes bfielder32087, PaulMys, Big Dave, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a small amount of Hyper Dressing to the spray bottle I already have my mix in. I'm trying to get a little more sheen without getting too shiny. I think I'm close. I had a busy day so I didn't do much detailing however I will detail the wheels tomorrow.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

4. Likes DFB, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I apologise if anyone is offended, but I thought this was funny. I wasn't sure where to put this up, it is detailing related, and I did read the ad today. To keep within the rules I did remove the name of the auto shop that sent me the email. If you say the name of the product with an Australian accent, it's both rude, and quite amusing, and I don't know if it works with other accents. I might just buy some because it is amusing, I don't know if I would actually use it in the car though.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

6. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I apologise if anyone is offended, but I thought this was funny. I wasn't sure where to put this up, it is detailing related, and I did read the ad today. To keep within the rules I did remove the name of the auto shop that sent me the email. If you say the name of the product with an Australian accent, it's both rude, and quite amusing, and I don't know if it works with other accents. I might just buy some because it is amusing, I don't know if I would actually use it in the car though.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    There is a Youtube ad for that product too, quite amusing when put into words.

I like how Bowdens are having a bit fun with their product names. A bit smutty but welcome in this over PC world.

8. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcats98 View Post
    Looks like fun! Still lovin the 'Stang. Let us know how the new rig works out for ya. I keep toying with getting a pressure washer and foam gun but not sure...
    When I started washing my car in my teens many moons ago, I used a bucket, sponge and garden hose. I didn't know any other way.

Over the years as my skills and technique evolved, I have been using a pressure washer more and more, especially once foam cannons become the rage.

Wouldn't be without one now.

Post Thanks / Like

Well this goes back to last night after dinner actually:

Sprayed the entire car down with DUB wheel cleaner and let it dwell and then....NOTHING, no bleeding out, LOL. I then rinsed off the product and then paint began to bead like crazyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?I then foamed the car with TW Ice Snow Foam and let it dwell. While that was going on I cleaned the tires and wheels with Brake Buster and scrubbed with my usual 4 brushes, also sprayed Alien Kleen in the wells, rinsed everything down and the beading was crazy still, LOL. I then wiped down the car with a mix of Griot's Garage paint prep/N914 and wiped off, left the paint squeaky clean, time to polish.

Since the paint was in really good shape I decided to use a very old, trusty friend...Meg's M101, a bit overkill for my paint but this stuff is old and wanted to use it. I used a LC dimpled orange pad and set my GG6 to speed setting #4, 2 section passes and it was good to go...until the original, 8 yr old backing plate exploded, I managed to pull the machine away and turn it off before it damaged my car. At this point I had to finish the car with my GG3 and yellow Foam pad, took quite a while and the pad filled up quickly with product, so I was brushing out the pad after every sectionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? At this point I decided to put some Alien Kleen/water into an available IK 1.5L foamer and sprayed down the entire car, let dwell and rinsed away. At this point there was no beading, ofcourse, so I dried the car off and called it a night...or should I say morning, it was 1:30 a.m.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After 4 hrs of sleep I woke up, made my self some pancakes and sausage and got back after it. Headed down to the car with TAC system Power Plus ceramic coating and Rain Coat glass coating from TAC. I actually began by spraying a coat of Sonax Rim Shield before I got started, another one when I was done with the car. The coating went on great, did small sections at a time and flipped the suede towel over once halfway through, the gloss was really showing itself, so I can't wait to see it outside tomorrow after the 24 hr cure time inside, down in the Garage. The Rain Coat glass coating went on and off equally well. I finished by applying a coat of Hydrosikex Slick to the tires. Oh yeah, speaking of the tires, 1 tire was browned from the Optimum tire coating previously on there...from last year, LOL. This product is great but finicky for sure, I'm just going to wait till I get new tires and start using it fresh from the start. I even wiped them down with mineral spirits and all but that 1 tire was browned, kind sucksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

After this I soaked in the tub and now I'm about to enjoy some Gino's East pizza and relaxWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday my new wheels came in (3 of the 4 old ones were bent) and I cleaned with panel wipe then coated with CSL/EXO. I had time to get to the tire p[lace and get them mounted and balanced also. They look quite similar to my old ones but are lighter and stronger at least.

The car and tiore are dirty but looks ok for setting out and helping my son move in the rain on Thursday, the coating is doing it's job tho.

12. Likes DFB, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient1 View Post
    Yesterday my new wheels came in (3 of the 4 old ones were bent) and I cleaned with panel wipe then coated with CSL/EXO. I had time to get to the tire p[lace and get them mounted and balanced also. They look quite similar to my old ones but are lighter and stronger at least.

The car and tiore are dirty but looks ok for setting out and helping my son move in the rain on Thursday, the coating is doing it's job tho.

The offset looks waaay offWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    The offset looks waaay offWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

In what way? More offset or less. All the wheels I looked at for my car were all between 35 and 45 offset with widths between 8.5" to 9.5" these are 9" with 40 offset.
    I will say many owners do put 17mm spacers on them tho to me that pits them out a little far for picking up stones and hitting the paint even tho it does fit a lot of the wheel opening a little better.

Here is a better picture of how they set in the opening.

Post Thanks / Like

Derinately needs more offset, inboard too muchWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

16. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 392 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 292342382383384385386387388389390391392393394395396397398399400401402442492892 ... LastLast