autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by cgdalton View Post
    Looks great! Does that one have the EcoBoost?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Negative. Just the NA 3.5. I am really torn on the ecoboost engines. Thanks for the compliment. In the next month or so I’m going to lightly polish the paint and use DoDo Juice purple haze on it.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Fuel pumps scare me. My Audi has a recall on it.
    I drove my old 97’ Cadillac SLS for 5yrs. with a weak fuel pump.. It got so bad at 1 point that it would require about 4 cranks to start the car in wintertime. That’s when I used to pump Shell Super + religiously.

But 1 day I was running out of gas and had to settle for Unocal 76. I filled the tank with their premium and began to see a difference so I filled up again.. By the end of the 2nd tankfull my car was starting up on the 1st crank.

The guys on the Cadillac forum say there’s no way the gas could’ve been responsible for such a dramatic difference.. I say they can stick it, because seeing is believing and I’ve been pumping 76’ premium in my Cadillacs ever since!

Post Thanks / Like

I use premium in my Cadillac too even though it calls for regular. I figure it can’t hurt.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I use premium in my Cadillac too even though it calls for regular. I figure it can’t hurt.
    You sure it calls for regular? Iirc all my pre 2000 Cadillacs called for premium gas.

I’m the same way with those cars, I’ll put premium in it regardless. It’s only about a 15 cent difference from the lowest octane.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep ‘89 Deville was Okay with regular but I’ve been using premium for years. Since the car sits more than I drive it, I also use Stabil for peace of mind.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You sure it calls for regular? Iirc all my pre 2000 Cadillacs called for premium gas.

I’m the same way with those cars, I’ll put premium in it regardless. It’s only about a 15 cent difference from the lowest octane.
    Man I wish it was only 15cents here. 93 is always 60 cents more than 87. Don't have much 91 at all around me in SE Michigan. My GTI says regular is okay but it gets premium.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Man I wish it was only 15cents here. 93 is always 60 cents more than 87. Don't have much 91 at all around me in SE Michigan. My GTI says regular is okay but it gets premium.

Regular is ok but it will run at reduced power. If you want all the power you can get from that engine you should continue using premium. That's all mine has ever seen, premium gas from a top tier station.
    Bruno Soares

8. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Regular is ok but it will run at reduced power. If you want all the power you can get from that engine you should continue using premium. That's all mine has ever seen, premium gas from a top tier station.
    Oh yeah I only use premium. I wouldn't be surprised if in the 13k miles before my ownership regular was ran though. How many miles are you at these days. I'm at about 18,300.

Post Thanks / Like

No pictures because I'm lazy and there wasn't anything to be that excited about and show off. However today started my spring detail. Broke out the pressure washer for a decon wash. Cleaned up all of the plastic and rubber trim with Power Clean 5:1. Car was then washed with Reset and about an oz of PC for a bit of extra stripping power. Rinsed then got a spray down with Tar X and then rinsed. Wasn't a whole lot of tar. Tried out Gtechniq W6 Iron remover. Smells of course but wasn't overwhelming. Wasn't as much fall out on the car as I expected. A bit on the lower panels and of course the hatch was a bit more contaminated. Went around and spot clayed. Paint was still very smooth and contamint free.

Next day or two is supposed to be a bit cold for my liking so probably in a few days I will be giving the car a light correction. Hasn't been done really since in the 5k miles I've owned the car. It did get a very light polish just to clean it up a bit when I bought it.

The only good thing about Covid is that I'm not going anywhere so I can take my time instead of doing it all in one or two days.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah I only use premium. I wouldn't be surprised if in the 13k miles before my ownership regular was ran though. How many miles are you at these days. I'm at about 18,300.
    21,068 miles right now

No pictures because I'm lazy and there wasn't anything to be that excited about and show off. However today started my spring detail. Broke out the pressure washer for a decon wash. Cleaned up all of the plastic and rubber trim with Power Clean 5:1. Car was then washed with Reset and about an oz of PC for a bit of extra stripping power. Rinsed then got a spray down with Tar X and then rinsed. Wasn't a whole lot of tar. Tried out Gtechniq W6 Iron remover. Smells of course but wasn't overwhelming. Wasn't as much fall out on the car as I expected. A bit on the lower panels and of course the hatch was a bit more contaminated. Went around and spot clayed. Paint was still very smooth and contamint free.

Next day or two is supposed to be a bit cold for my liking so probably in a few days I will be giving the car a light correction. Hasn't been done really since in the 5k miles I've owned the car. It did get a very light polish just to clean it up a bit when I bought it.

The only good thing about Covid is that I'm not going anywhere so I can take my time instead of doing it all in one or two days.
    I just finished my detailing yesterday, took my time and needed 5 days to finish. Decontaminated with iron-x and auto scrub, wash of choice was McKee's 37 Coating Prep Wash. Corrected most defected with orange pad and Griot's Correcting Cream (had to use microfiber pad and Fast Correcting Cream in a couple isolated spots due to VW hard paint). Then went over the entire car with Rupes Yellow pad and CarPro Essence. Coated everything with CQuartz UK3.0 then Gliss v2. Dlux on textured trim. Looks great in the garage, Wednesday it will be sunny so I might bring it outside to look at it, hopefully no high spots Then back into the garage it goes. I haven't gotten gas in about 40 days and I'm well over half a tank left.
    Bruno Soares

12. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
Page 375 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 275325365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385425475875 ... LastLast