autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Yes, I’m quite the optimist but I also have an ulterior motive... Roger that’s a hint! Also this warm winter has been causing excess wear on them.

On a side note I’m done with that Chevy dealer but not because of the scratches.

First I discovered this morning that after they pulled the car into scratch tube they turned off my dash cam but turned it back on after they pulled it in to the service lane... 14 minutes later.

Second was the left rear lug nuts were all loose. I discovered this today while changing the wheels. Their oversight could have ended tragically.

The first is suspicious the second is inexcusable.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Yes, I’m quite the optimist but I also have an ulterior motive... Roger that’s a hint! Also this warm winter has been causing excess wear on them.

On a side note I’m done with that Chevy dealer but not because of the scratches.

First I discovered this morning that after they pulled the car into scratch tube they turned off my dash cam but turned it back on after they pulled it in to the service lane... 14 minutes later.

Second was the left rear lug nuts were all loose. I discovered this today while changing the wheels. Their oversight could have ended tragically.

The first is suspicious the second is inexcusable.
    This is why I do almost all of my maintenance.
    Dealers just don’t care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

3. Likes Mdjas, ssnimrod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    This is why I do almost all of my maintenance.
    Dealers just don’t care.
    I’ll probably be joining you. My wife has already green lighted a quick jack if I go that route. Floor jack and jack stands make her nervous and I can’t say as I’d blame her.

Official QuickJack - Portable Car Lifts for your Garage or Shop
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

5. Likes Mdjas, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If your Ok with the 5000 series.... costco carries them at alot better price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    I’ll probably be joining you. My wife has already green lighted a quick jack if I go that route. Floor jack and jack stands make her nervous and I can’t say as I’d blame her.

Official QuickJack - Portable Car Lifts for your Garage or Shop
    Yeah either do that or go to more of a specialty shop that won't just rush cars through.

That's what I plan on doing with my GTI found a local shop that specializes in German vehicles and I'll be going there. I'll do oil changes myself because it's basically a 20 minute process on modern VWs and I don't even have to get under the car if I choose not to. Buy an oil change kit (oil, filter, housing O ring and drain plug for $60 or pay $100-$120 to have it done) Also VW says 10k intervals for oil service but that just seems too long for me so I'll be doing it at 5k. Doing it myself essentially gets me every other oil change free. Everything else I'll have done at the shop. I'm not a mechanic although I could do some basic stuff I just typically choose not to.

In many cases these specialty type shops are the same price or even cheaper and also in most situations you know these guys will care more and have more passion. Not that the techs don't care or have passion but it's just the way dealers are set up and are often forced to rush through things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I polished my wheels with BriteMax Final Shine Metal Polish.

Hazed up:

Buffed off:What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I really like this metal polish.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?
    iight Eld that's what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Buy an oil change kit (oil, filter, housing O ring and drain plug for $60 or pay $100-$120 to have it done)
    My VW dealer charges $65 for a synthetic oil change so I just have them do it. Buying the kit myself would not save me much at all. And by going there it's easier for them to have records I've kept up and will not bring that up in case warranty services are needed. I usually spend a little more and pay them to rotate the tire as well, my garage has no room for me to do it in there. I don't agree with their long intervals, I go in every 6 months which is about 3750 miles for me.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Yeah either do that or go to more of a specialty shop that won't just rush cars through.

That's what I plan on doing with my GTI found a local shop that specializes in German vehicles and I'll be going there. I'll do oil changes myself because it's basically a 20 minute process on modern VWs and I don't even have to get under the car if I choose not to. Buy an oil change kit (oil, filter, housing O ring and drain plug for $60 or pay $100-$120 to have it done) Also VW says 10k intervals for oil service but that just seems too long for me so I'll be doing it at 5k. Doing it myself essentially gets me every other oil change free. Everything else I'll have done at the shop. I'm not a mechanic although I could do some basic stuff I just typically choose not to.

In many cases these specialty type shops are the same price or even cheaper and also in most situations you know these guys will care more and have more passion. Not that the techs don't care or have passion but it's just the way dealers are set up and are often forced to rush through things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    My oil change for my car cost $400. I feel robbed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    My oil change for my car cost $400. I feel robbed

Holy crap what kind of car do you have?? Thats y i like my dinosaur of vehicles. I do all my own work. Even if i need to swap motors or transmissions. My envoy is 30 bucks for me to do it including a extra 7th quart of oil just to have on hand. Could probably get it done at a shop cheaper but i know its done right. Im very particular about how things are done on my vehicles. Plus i have tools and knowledge how to fix most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

12. Likes DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mdjas View Post
    Holy crap what kind of car do you have?? Thats y i like my dinosaur of vehicles. I do all my own work. Even if i need to swap motors or transmissions. My envoy is 30 bucks for me to do it including a extra 7th quart of oil just to have on hand. Could probably get it done at a shop cheaper but i know its done right. Im very particular about how things are done on my vehicles. Plus i have tools and knowledge how to fix most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I have a 18 McLaren 540c

Page 354 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 254304344345346347348349350351352353354355356357358359360361362363364404454854 ... LastLast