autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Cleaned most trim parts of the wife’s engine. This was done with no hose, just Megs APC. About as good as I’m going to do for engine detail in the middle of winter.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1752-jpg
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1755-jpg

2. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I walked past my wife's car this morning and noticed this great behavior from McKees 37 Gloss Tire Gel. I tried it for the first time 2 weeks ago and didn't think much of it at the time, but I can't deny the protection I am seeing here. This car lives on a dirt road in a soggy climate. The wheel has Sonax Rim Shield which I am fond of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea I was kinda thinking the same thing, but he’ll see it.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I’m hoping it turns into the equivalent of a crop circle to some people...

He probably saw it for the 1st time and thought “what in the hell?? How the heck is that possible?! I haven’t been to the car wash in 2 months and even then it wasn’t this clean! There’s no way! What the hell!” Lol.

He’ll go to his grave never knowing how it happened.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.
    I did the right front tire on purpose. He backed into the parking space facing the hotel. The main entrance to the hotel was to the right of the vehicle. He definitely saw that tire first.

5. Likes DetailKitty, JKDesign, Mdjas, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    I did the right front tire on purpose.
    I was thinking it was to detract from the huge dent in the door and side-step.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I was thinking it was to detract from the huge dent in the door and side-step.......
    Damn that was the first thing I noticed too!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Damn that was the first thing I noticed too!
    Glad I'm not the only one Monica. They make body shops for that...... Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one Monica. They make body shops for that...... Lol
    Some people just don’t care...
    Me? I couldn’t drive a car around with a giant dent in it.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned up my own garage for some plastidip work

Starting with the bumpers, some trim, and the grill tomorrow hopefully.

More pics in my full project post

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Neighbor was asking me about some sealant spray they saw an ad for on Facebook. I said it wasn't good and ran home to get my Polish Angel Viking Spritz. He asked if it would make his paint as slick as the video for the product he saw. He said a bottle flew off the hood like a Jedi moved it. I told him this was better in every way. I shook it up good and sprayed his hood and wiped it off. After we talked for about 10 minutes he ran in to get his Starbucks cup. He put it on the hood, nothing. It didn't move a millimeter. His hood had a little slope to it so I expect the cup to side off the second he sat it down. He picked it up and put it on another spot, again nothing. He tried one more spot a bit down and it sort of sluggishly moved a few inches and stopped dead in it's tracks. I then remembered the bottle was probably 5'ish years old, so maybe that was why there was no super slickness. Needless to say my demonstration left him less than impressed. As he went back in the house to get something I gave it the towel test and slung a MF onto it to watch it glide across. Landed right where I threw it and didn't move at all. Since it's so old I thought maybe it just needed to really be shook. So I shook it for about a minute and re-applied it. Slickness was still at 0, towel still didn't glide, coffee cup still wouldn't budget. So I gave up and left.

The product was old and whatever's in it had broken down into basically nothing's all I could come up with. I'm pretty sure he's now going to go order whatever he saw the ad for on Facebook, F1 or whatever the hell it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JWilliams.RadiantDetail View Post
    Neighbor was asking me about some sealant spray they saw an ad for on Facebook. I said it wasn't good and ran home to get my Polish Angel Viking Spritz. He asked if it would make his paint as slick as the video for the product he saw. He said a bottle flew off the hood like a Jedi moved it. I told him this was better in every way. I shook it up good and sprayed his hood and wiped it off. After we talked for about 10 minutes he ran in to get his Starbucks cup. He put it on the hood, nothing. It didn't move a millimeter. His hood had a little slope to it so I expect the cup to side off the second he sat it down. He picked it up and put it on another spot, again nothing. He tried one more spot a bit down and it sort of sluggishly moved a few inches and stopped dead in it's tracks. I then remembered the bottle was probably 5'ish years old, so maybe that was why there was no super slickness. Needless to say my demonstration left him less than impressed. As he went back in the house to get something I gave it the towel test and slung a MF onto it to watch it glide across. Landed right where I threw it and didn't move at all. Since it's so old I thought maybe it just needed to really be shook. So I shook it for about a minute and re-applied it. Slickness was still at 0, towel still didn't glide, coffee cup still wouldn't budget. So I gave up and left.

The product was old and whatever's in it had broken down into basically nothing's all I could come up with. I'm pretty sure he's now going to go order whatever he saw the ad for on Facebook, F1 or whatever the hell it was.
    You’ve had that bottle of Polish Angel for 5yrs? How many oz?

Page 343 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 243293333334335336337338339340341342343344345346347348349350351352353393443843 ... LastLast