autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 34 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344841345341034 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    I was just thinking it in the bucket like Renny does the 1.5 oz to 4 gallon of water so maybe .75 for 2 for that fiat. Just to see how you liked it compared to the Ammo. I haven’t used either but they intrigue me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well the Frothe only gets used in the aerator, its 6 capfuls to about 48 ounces of water, so not sure what the proper ratio is for Pearl here, LOL!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

So this evening I decided to try out the new to me P&S Pearl car shampoo. Since my car was just dusty from 2 days to and from work I decided to foam, dwell, rinse and dry. Now someone posted about this stuff being a bit to "runny" so I decided to try and thicken it up a bit. I asked a question on The Rag Company's Thursday live Q&A about ratios for this soap in my IK Foam 9. I was told anywhere from 4-8 ounces, I decided to go right in the middle but ended up closer to 7 ounces, oh well, whatever. I also watched Auto Fanatics video about ratios for his upcoming wheel cleaner and he spoke about changing out the colored nozzles, a perfect storm was brewing here.

I ended up going with 7 ounces of Pearl, topped with 1.3 gallons of water and using the orange tip. This tip produces a more wet foam compared to the gray tip. That said, the foam went on thick and sprayed even better too. The foam did cling to the car and as I moved around the car it did start to run down but keep in mind this IK Foam 9 is a hand pump sprayer, not a foam cannon. Once done I let it dwell and then assembled the Worx to rinse down the foam. While rinsing I noticed the beading was outstanding and when I was done I had a river of water mixed with thick, white foam. I noticed the clean right away, this soap had done its job in this capacity, I'm very pleased! I will say that next time around I'm going to try 5 ounces of Pearl to see how it does for the pre-wash, whether it's the only wash method or pre-wash. I'm also looking to try it in the 2BM method as well, probably 2-3 ounces to 4 gallons of water, give or take.

I finished up drying the car with the Sucker and as usual it came out great, LOVE THIS TOWEL! While drying the car it was smooth ofcoarse because the Beadmaker heavy coat was just applied 3 days ago but straight drying was a breeze between fresh Beadmaker and THIS towel.

Can't wait to drive to work tomorrow, something about a spotless car in Chicagoland less than a week before Christmas What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Added a coat of Gyeon Q2 Tire this morning before heading to work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took at nice CTS-V from This:

To This:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite detailing but assembled this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonight I ordered up some new Meg's Products: Love their older products, especially M205 so I'm really hoping the latest are game changers.

Meguiar's Ultra Pro Speed Compound M110 - 32 oz
    Meguiar's Ultra Pro Finishing Polish M210 - 32 oz
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prepped and coated my gf's JL wrangler with cquartz Uk. I now have 2 of our 4 vehicles coated. My Mercedes with optimum gloss coat.
    I've gotten really busy with business over the last few years and have had to slow down on my personal vehicle detailing hobbies, not stop, but slow down What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Things are getting back to normal, but man it seems this place and the other firms have slowed down over the years and things have really changed. Almost seems like my stock of products is from another generation with products like DP max wax, sonicwax and DG951. I have quite a few products still because I used to go hog wild. But I'm learning with coated vehicles, sealants and wax are a waste of time. So I still have 2 vehicles to burn my collection on.

Good to be back around though!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kind of pointless, but start my vacation today. Warm today, then it go's way down hill. I knew they were calling for rain, but this morning looked ok. Finished the interior, then started the wash. Of course it started to rain. LOL. Figured I am out here so threw a hat on and finished the wash. Rinsed it and went inside. Later in the morning after that bout of rain, went back out and used my drying aid and dried it, dressed the tires and called it a day. Damn, that's dedication!!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

About 2.5 hours till the FNW, have some new products to try out, image that, LOL!

For the pre-wash I'm using up the Pearl that's in the IK Foam 9, pretty happy with that product so far. Now for the 2BM and yes, it needs it as it was driven in the rain the other day, I'm reaching for my just arrived from overseas Bilt Hamber auto wash. I guess this stuff is super concentrated and I'm going to start with .5 ounces for 3 gallons and see how it goes. I'm also need to try the new Meg's ceramic spray wax, so the wheels are getting some of that, really looking forward to seeing how that is, stay "tuned"....

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 34 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344841345341034 ... LastLast