autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Looks like you could drive up on four of them to clean and coat tires. Do the tires sit in them recessed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    500 pound limit
    The tires sit on top of the two rollers. The tires than then be rotated on the roller.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was hoping to only wash, but I was being a good husband and took my wife to wally world last night and,yup you guessed it I was out this morning with the compound and polish and sealant. Got most of it out.
    good till spring when I will compound and clay and get out the good stuff. Happy holidays guys.

3. Likes Mdjas, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today was yet another warm dry day here in the suburbs of Mordor. The neighbor and I had the same idea at the same time and washed vehicles this afternoon. He used Meguiar’s Ultimate Wash & Wax with Meguiar’s Ultimate Spray Wax as a drying aid.

I washed the wife’s Beast using CarPro Reset in my iK sprayer and wash bucket. I cleaned the wheels using the same on the wheels as I did on the paint. Tires were cleaned with some Turtle Wax tire cleaner I discovered in the basement. Each wheel got a spray of Adam’s Ceramic Boost and tires wiped down with Gyeon Q2M Tire. I then foamed the Beast letting shampoo dwell followed by a rinse and a refoam. I used several MF wash pads in a bucket and cleaned the Beast including door shuts, boot and bonnet margins. Rinsing revealed excellent Optimum Gloss Coat beading. I dried it off using BeadMaker as a drying aid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

5. Likes PaulMys, Mdjas, DFB, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See, it does snow for Christmas in Australia, even when it's 38 deg Celsius (100 deg Fahrenheit).

Detailed my sisters new Mazda 3 as my gift to her for Christmas. I also coated the body, glass and wheels with Hydr02.

I used 303 for the interior trim and exterior unpainted black plastics, then Gyeon Q2M Tire.

This particular color is called Polymetal Grey, and whilst it wouldn't be my first choice, once we were finished I was won over by it. It's quite unusual color.

As for spending some of Christmas day car detailing, well it was a wonderful way to reconnect with my sister, who lives 2 hours away, and get to know her new partner. And it helped us work up an appetite for our big Christmas feast.

Merry Christmas everyone

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Started polishing my travel trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mom stopped by today for a car wash and Christmas dinner. I foamed her Corolla with Griot’s Surface Prep Wash then rinsed it followed by a refoam with Dr. Beasley’s Premium Body Wash which I also was using to wash the car. I used CarPro magic in a bottle for drying aid. Interior glass was cleaned with Stoner’s and paper towels. Wheels were cleaned with same product and tires got CarPro Perl which I wiped down for a matte finish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

10. Likes MadMerc, Mdjas, DetailKitty, DFB, SWETM and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed a months worth of dust off the Falcon today, I also gave old Blue a belated Christmas present, a coat of CarPro Reload

This color is called Sensation, and it certainly lives up to it's name when freshly detailed!

12. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB, I really like the color of the Mazda 3, and I think it would be my first choice. I bet your sister is very happy. Also, your blue Falcon is awesome, love the blue
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

14. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with JDGolden, seen a few Mazda3s in that color and it’s eye catching for sure. I’ve always been into Sport Compacts and about 10 years ago, guys with older Civic hatchbacks and mid 90’s imports were painting their cars “Battleship Grey/Gray.” It’s nice to see its an OEM color now and some have it with a metallic added in which give an even better reflective finish.
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY felt good enough and had time AND good weather to clean up the RS...

Topped it off with Mother's CMX. Didn't go on and off as easily as I expected, but maybe it wasn't ideal temps (~50 degrees).

Also installed one of my gifts: carbon fiber battery cover.

And washed a bunch of foam pads
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Page 332 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 232282322323324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340341342382432832 ... LastLast