autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Nice truck!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. It’s an 05 with 22k on it. Bought it 2 years ago with 15k on it.

3. Likes PaulMys, Mdjas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A rinseless wash at dusk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Much, MUCH needed FNW!

So this week it was very messy in Chucagoland! Early in the week it snowed 2 days in a row and they hammered the roads with salt, then we got a gradual warm up which continues into early next week, awesome!

So tonight I started by pre-washing the car with foaming it down with TW Ice in the IK Foam 9...everything, topside and bottomside, tires, wheels and wells, left to dwell and then rinsed. At this point the beading from the double coat of TWSS and TW spray wax was incredible, granted it's only 2 weeks old but still, it laughed at the first wave of winter!

Next up was the tires and wheels, Brake Buster to the rescue! Doing one at time it dwelled for a couple minutes and my usual 4 brushes took care of everything and once rinsed, the CMX coated rims were beading like the car was, so far, so good there, stay "tuned".

For the wash I had about 2.5 gallons of leftover Ech2o from last weeks wash but I wanted a little more so I actually added 2.5 ounces of....drum roll, TW rinse wash and wax, added a gallon of hot water, stirred and got after it. Since I had 2 buckets, 1 with the RW solution and the other with pretty warm water, both with grit guards and the car was still wet, no pre-treating the panels and I used my newer grout sponge to clean the car. One panel at a time, dunk and rub against the grit guard because I got all up under the side skirts, paying special attention to making sure the dirt was all gone each time. The water was pretty damn dirty, I can only imagine how it would've looked if I hadn't pre-washed and rinsed it.

The Gyeon Tire Express still has a matte finish to it, I'll check it out in the morning but either way, I'm glad the car is clean once again. Tomorrow my daughter and I are driving down to the WeatherTech factory store so I can pick up front and rear mats for the ES, also pick up some of their protectant for the mats too, I'm running low and I need to clean/protect my wife's mats too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes Mdjas, DFB, SWETM, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roger, be sure to get your complimentary scones and coffee. The coffee counter is off to your left when you walk in.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Roger, be sure to get your complimentary scones and coffee. The coffee counter is off to your left when you walk in.
    I haven't been there in 5 years, my wife picked hers up there while she was out in the area when she got the Eclipse Cross, so I'll look for that but I wanna see what cars they have in the shop, always something cool on the commercials. Waiting a little while as I'm sure the road is still sweating right now, trying to keep the ES clean, LOLWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Applied some Beadmaker over the winter Collinite 476 because the dust attraction was annoying me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

11. Likes Klasse Act, DFB, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another driveway wash. High of 40, but I had no problems. I`ll keep on doing it till temps don`t allow. Then only on above freezing days. Truck was dirty!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

13. Likes Klasse Act, PaulMys, UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did two loads of car MF towels.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

15. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the car got trashed going down to WeatherTech this morning and I have the time I decided to re-clean the car, big surprise, huhWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with the tires and wheel and hadn't used Meg's DUB wheel cleaner in a while and wanted to see if anything would pull up....nope, just the rotors, full barrel cleaning and spokes, tires scrubbed with 303 tire and rubber cleaner and rinsed away. I know this, I don't miss the smell of that DUB wheel cleaner What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I next moved to the wash, chose a RW using the towels in the bucket method, solution of choice tonight was Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, just love this stuff...pure clean! After the wash and dry I used some of the leftover and re-sprayed the tires, wheels and wells with it and then immediately dried using my Master Blaster to dry completely, actually went over the entire car in all the nooks and crannies, handy tool without a doubt.

I should mention that before I got started with all this I took out the OE carpeted mats, vac'd out the car and installed the WeatherTech floorliners and ofcoarse they fit perfectly, no surprises there. I treated the brand new floorliners with their protectant earlier and let it dry and soak in real good while I watched the Wolverines smoke the SpartansWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now the car sits till tomorrow where I'll be attending a cars and coffee I haven't been to since a week after I got the carWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Time to head upstairs, pour myself a Coke and cook a burger!

17. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 321 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 221271311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331371421821 ... LastLast