autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Acura just bucket washed with Mckees Foam Soap. Wheels got Hydro Blue.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_0647-jpg

X5 got her glass coatings applied to get through the winter... kind of early but I prefer coating to be applied in warmer temperatures.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-adjustments-jpg

2. Likes DMiglio, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82-how’d those LSP’s look and feel during the wash? How hard was it to not just slightly raise the Hydro Blue bottle from the wheels to a fender? And then eventually the whole car!?

Don’t blame you for getting that coating on when you can, idk how PA is, but here in Illinois we can get a cold snap and it won’t let up for a few weeks sometimes. Then, by time it does, I wouldn’t want to be coating anything because the temps never come back to how they were just a couple weeks before!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Today I gave my car a wash, chemically decon’d and clayed it as well, applied some Hydro Blue and Sonax BSD as a drying aid to the paint and wheels.

Used some new to me products as well, have a few short reviews for anybody interested..

For the wash I used P&S Pearl:this was a really nice product and I enjoyed using it. It’s very thin and diluted 128:1 so there’s better diluting washes out there but for $16 on sale, I’d buy it again and again!

For the wheels I used P&S Brake Buster:Today I used it full strength just for fun, prior to this I’ve used it 3:1. I know there’s a couple other very popular wheel and tire cleaners out there, they may be even “stronger” than this, but it’s still a very good product that works double duty and doesn’t leave a lot to be desired. If the wheels aren’t coming clean with this full strength, an acid cleaner would be the next best option anyways!

The LSP and drying aid, Sonax BSD:what can I say that we don’t already know about this awesome detailer/spray sealant? I didn’t get the overly tacky/draggy feel I’ve read/heard about, that may be because I used it as a drying aid with a damp towel though. Only a spray or two per panel and it felt silky/buttery smooth, but left some steaks which I followed with another dry towel. Despite the little extra work required I’d be happy to stick with this as a staple product for some time!
    Alumni Autogeek's first ever Roadshow Detailing Class Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

5. Likes PaulMys, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    acuRAS82-how’d those LSP’s look and feel during the wash? How hard was it to not just slightly raise the Hydro Blue bottle from the wheels to a fender? And then eventually the whole car!?

Don’t blame you for getting that coating on when you can, idk how PA is, but here in Illinois we can get a cold snap and it won’t let up for a few weeks sometimes. Then, by time it does, I wouldn’t want to be coating anything because the temps never come back to how they were just a couple weeks before!
    Yeah.... raising the Hydro Blue bottle up and “accidentally” drenching the whole car and rinsing right after was a thought that certainly crossed my mind... but it’s OK. I’m in this for the haul.

The AW and UQW still have some fight left in them. They sheet water off pretty slow during final rinse, but it does eventually sheet off and it’s left with dry paint plus beading similar to the hood in the picture from my other thread. The trunk top is still the worst (likely because it’s parallel to the ground) but those beads look improved after the wash. The paint isn’t very slick, which wasn’t an issue during the wash but drying without an ad is becoming a little scary, and I was too lazy to pull out the blower. Will probably bring it out next time.

Western PA has one nice weekend left here, then down to 50s for the next 10 days, and I don’t trust wishing for 60s or 70s after that. My wife’s windows and maybe even wheels will be coated this weekend.

7. Likes DMiglio, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PM5C View Post
    Looking good, Billy Ray!
    Feeling good Lewis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a headlight restore on an 02 Tacoma. Last time I used a 3M drill powered kit, this time I used a QUIXX kit that has been sitting in my garage for years. All elbow grease but it turned out alright. (Kicking myself for not taking before pics)

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Feeling good Lewis!

Extra Primo Good Mr. Coleman, Sir!!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Paradise is a perfect New England autumn day, shiny tires and a shiny truck.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

14. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Paradise is a perfect New England autumn day, shiny tires and a shiny truck.
    Sure is!!

Post Thanks / Like

I winter prep detailed the wife’s Beast. It’s a two day project. Today was strip wash, Tar-X, clay bar, minor correction, IPA wipe down x2 followed by Optimum Gloss Coat then OptiSeal. Tomorrow the tires get coated with TW Black tire coat, wheels will get McKee’s Wheel Coating and windshield will get McKee’s Glass Coating. The interior will get a quick wipe down with Griot’s interior cleaner and touched up with Adam’s Pumpkin Spice Interior Detailer because my three girls like that stuff. I’ll take pics mańana as I just finished, dinner is almost ready and my Leinenkugel’s Canoe Paddler is empty.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

17. Likes MadMerc, PaulMys, Mdjas, SWETM, Diner liked this post
Page 301 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 201251291292293294295296297298299300301302303304305306307308309310311351401801 ... LastLast