autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This is one month after application of meguiars 3in1 wax. Water beading is not great but its there. Car has had nothing else in between and no washes. Its my wife’s car. I would in my environment i could probably get 2 months before its gone completely.

I washed with CG mr. Pink. Then used meguiars hybrid ceramic wax while drying. Im off crutches for moment until after i probably have surgery so i had to get something done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM, DFB, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Prepping for winter.

P&S Brake Buster
    TufShine cleaner
    Duragloss 953 Tire Gel
    Wolfgang External Trim Sealant
    then the next weekend:
    GTechniq W4 pre-foam
    Opti Car Wash w/ mitt
    clay mitt w/ Immolube
    Sonax PNS on all panels except hood
    Collinite 915 on hood

Will put on a 2nd coat of PNS & 915 shortly

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_5323-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_5324-jpg

4. Likes Mdjas, PaulMys, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure did.

Pic of said product.....

As mentioned, for some reason these products have been re-branded recently from Concours to NV.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gave my 06 gmc envoy denali a wash. Tried a few different product on it as well. Trying to use stuff up. Washed with CG mr pink, meguiars hybrid ceramic wax on windshield and hood, duragloss aquawax on front fenders, and meguiars quick wax on rest of vehicle. Just testing out what i wana use for winter. The first pic is me just spraying hood before wash. It had at time just 3 week old duragloss #105.

Here it is cleaned up

8. Likes SWETM, DFB, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So we had a strange occurence here in Chicagoland...around mid-morning patches of blue appeared in the sky, followed by a glowing orb and no water falling from the sky, so I decided to get after the car a day early, not to mention I'm going to try and get over to my buddy Hectour's house tomorrow after work so he can install my SXTH Element catch can, plus we're going to see my oldest daughter, her fiance and my Grandson this weekend, can't leave the car at home dirtyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

For today's wash I decided to do an Ech2o RW, using a brand new grout sponge that isn't an Aqua sponge, only because the Ebay'er didn't use the correct photo when selling it, it worked just fine actually. For the tires and wells I sprayed some 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and then foamed up the tires and wheels with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner. I decided to try my Wheel Woolies, I mean I have them but never could use them because of the various wheel designs I've had but this time they worked and worked VERY well, even had to use my medium one for between the barrel and calipers on the front rims. I also scrubbed around the lugs with a designated brush and Mothers Tire and Wheel brush for the spokes, all hands on deck here tonight!

I dried the car with a single Sucker Jr and the finished left behind by Ech2o....just brillant, literally and figuratively What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Now it's time to head off to bed, 5 a.m. comes around pretty fast!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Applied some 303 Spray Wax after a Wolfgang rinseless wash. I usually use UQW as an LSP booster but I wasn’t a huge fan of it on my last black car (too much streaking and holograms), so I gave this a try. Easy on and off and no streaks. I did have an issue with the hood bc I was rushing and applied to the whole hood before buffing off, otherwise it was painless. It claims “Up to 90 Days” so I most likely can get away with once a month or a little longer during the winter before spring clean up. I didn’t see much about it here on the forums but the few reviews on Autogeek were very good.

2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

11. Likes SWETM, Diner, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like the 303 Spray Wax, the new and improved formula is truely thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Glad you like the 303 Spray Wax, the new and improved formula is truely thatWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Initial impressions are very good and I like that it doesn't seem to have any fillers as it didn't cover up any of the random stuff that was there before. Your older posts on it were the final push I needed to pick it up.

I'm interested to see water behavior and I doubt durability will be an issue with my intended plan. It's very cool that it has a slight detailer property to it so light dust wouldn't be an issue.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polished the back window of the Ford Focus I maintain. The defects where too deep which I knowned from the start. So was just after to deep clean the glass and if I could reduce the edges of the scratches would be a plus. Maybe it got a very little improvement on it but glass is hard.

3" Shinemate EX603 mini polisher and Carpro Rayon Glass Polishing Pads.
    Carpro CeriGlass
    Sonax Glass Cleaner as the clay lube and a clay block.

Full speed setting on the polisher and was able to build up heat on the glass. So a little bottle of destilled water to spray on while I polished as the CeriGlass dryed quickly. And also for spray it on when I removed the polishing residue. Got a bit late so since it's 24/7 outside I wait until tomorrow to apply the Aquapel on it. And will see if I can polishing the windshield too. The cleaning was necessary as not even a claying with the glass cleaner got it clean enough. The difference was when I sprayed the water on the glass it where flat water standing on it and where I had not polished you saw it blotchy. Goal reached to get a deep cleaned glass.

16. Likes Klasse Act, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kicked it old school today. Not old products per say but products I haven't used in quite a while. Cleaned the wheels with Mckees foaming wheel cleaner gel and the tires with McKees tire and rubber. Wheels wells got Meguiars D101. Paint was washed with Duragloss 501. Not as good as Reset of course nor OPT car wash but still pretty good. Has a Cherry Nyquil scent straight from the bottle but ince diluted it smells okay. Rinses clean. Blew off most of the water then proceeded to dry with TRC Pluffles with 303 Speed Detailer. (Klasse mentioned this the other day and I had a bit left so I pulled it out.) Tires got PERL as always. Jammed were cleaned with N 914 and put some OPT Car Wax and that was that. No real pictures but I did do a couple "sick modz." Just a couple of vinyl pieces from a company called Badgeskins.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

18. Likes DMiglio, Diner, SWETM, DFB liked this post
Page 289 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 189239279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299339389789 ... LastLast