autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Delivered this bad boy:

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

2. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    Looks great, What happened to the missing trim piece on the front door?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    My wife decided to do some rock crawling, LOL. She was leaving our daughters school and an Escalade came in through the exit and she moved over and forgot about a stupid rock on the corner of the driveway and clipped it. Luckily it just scuffed the plastic piece and I took it off because it wasn't on very securely. She might just buy the clips and put it back on with the scuff on there, also the p/s front wheel has a mark on it as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a great BBQ lunch I decided to coat my wife's tires, but you guys know how that goes, LOL. She ran it through a touch-free yesterday after I raised holy hell about how it's always dirty, so it was fairly clean but based off of all the ranting i decided to do a DEEP CLEANWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I started with the tires and wheels. Started with Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner and P&S Brake Buster on the rims. Scrubbed the tires with a short brissel brush, Mother's wheel brush for the wheel faces and the Speed Master, I repeated this process twice, tires were "clean", more on this later.

I then sprayed lemon scented IronX over the entire car and let it dwell while I got the IK Foam 9 primed up. I added 3 ounces of Turtle Wax Ice snow foam and proceeded to empty the entire 1.3 gallons of cleaning solution on the car. At this point I could see some bleeding out and let the snow foam continue to dwell along with the IronX, then rinsed it all down. Now it was time for the NEXT STEP!

That next step was Sonax Seal and Shine, I've had this for quite some time so I wanted to use. I sprayed this all over the entire car, including the rims. I've used these products before and once you spray them on the wet surface the water runs away but this product didn't so that the same way. I had enough left over so I could treat the wheels on my own car sometime this week and once I rinsed it down I could see the beading, almost invisible due to how tight it was! Once I dried the car with the Sucker and the Griot's Garage waffle weave towel I noticed how damn good looking the paint was, it's VERY NOTICEABLE, very impressed here Sonax What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Now for the "cherry on the cake", coating the tires. Remember earlier I put "clean" in italics, check this out. I ordered a quart of mineral spirits per a suggestion in the OPT tire coating thread and wiped down the first "clean" tire. Upon the first swipe I could see darkness on my mf towel, amazing so I did another swipe, more darkness but not as much, so I did 2x's the swipe on each tire, now, time for coating.

I applied 2x's OPT tire coating, going around each tire and making sure I rubbed it in real good and once I was done with the last tire I went around and it did it again, thus the double coat. I should mention that the first tire coated was BONE DRY when I went in for that 2nd coat, amazing product here.

Now the paint work AND tires are coated and will endure weeks of abuse inbetween cleanings but maybe my wife can find the touch-free every other weeks, i believe in miracles....do youWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Hey Rog, those tires look great. You will have to give us updates on the tire coating as time goes by. What I like about the Optimum Tire Coating is that you can use any type of cleaner. I put Tuf Shine coating on the wife's Buick on New Years Eve and they still look great today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    Hey Rog, those tires look great. You will have to give us updates on the tire coating as time goes by. What I like about the Optimum Tire Coating is that you can use any type of cleaner. I put Tuf Shine coating on the wife's Buick on New Years Eve and they still look great today.
    Oh I will for sure! I have to be honest, I fought myself from walking over to my car and just applying a very light "topper" coat of OPT since I had it out and my designated applicator had it in there all fresh...but I didn't.

We have a bad storm coming through tomorrow so my own 2 week old coating is going to be tested again, plus its not going to clear out till Wednesday, further testing whereas my wife's is very fresh AND I used the mineral spirits to clean, clean the tire...stay "tuned". I'm actually going to post the pics and process in the OPT tire coating thread.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife decided to do some rock crawling, LOL. She was leaving our daughters school and an Escalade came in through the exit and she moved over and forgot about a stupid rock on the corner of the driveway and clipped it. Luckily it just scuffed the plastic piece and I took it off because it wasn't on very securely. She might just buy the clips and put it back on with the scuff on there, also the p/s front wheel has a mark on it as well.

Yikes! Good thing it wasn't worse. Those are good looking SUVs!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

8. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Kappy

Ok, the FNW is in the booksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did the tires and wheels first, ofcoarse, but did swap out the gray tip for the orange one in the new IK Foam Pro2. For those who don't know, the IK family of sprayers has 3 colored tips, green for what I call "air foam", useless IMO, the orange which is a wetter foam but uses more product and the gray one, which comes installed already and is in the middle between dry and wetter. I prefer the orange and use it in my IK Foam 9 as well. Speaking of the IK Foam 9, I decided to pop out the little foam filter in the foam head and let it soak in some water all day, this made it work alot better. You see it accumulated some dirt on one side, so I cleaned it the best I could and let it soak, works alot better now, I think I need to do this every other week....oh yeah, the reviewWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I now have the IK Foam Pro2 now and it's great for a number of reasons. The first is it holds more product, 50 ounces vs. 35 ounces and because of the added capacity it holds more pressure, thus meaning you don't have to pump it up as much. There's a release valve that will let you know if you over pressurize the unit, I've never done this but it's there to help you along. I was able to do 2 tires and wheels whereas before I had to pump it up for each tire and wheel, pretty cool right there! Next up is the base, reminds me of what you get on the Kwazzers, it's no longer a Weeble Wabble (for those who know what THOSE areWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?) Finally there's a built in carrying case for your extra tips and new filter heads but guess what, I'm only using the orange anyways and besides, I don't wanna hear all that rattling around going on in there, LOL. So inclosing should you upgrade from your IK 1.5 to the IK Foam Pro2, I did for the above mentioned reasons and if you still don't have one, well, this is a no-brainer, get the IK Foam Pro2, they also sell a non-foaming version which would be awesome for doing WW or pre-treating for RW, yet another "dynamic duo"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

It's a good thing you posted this because I got one of the Pro2 sprayers today, and they don't include any information about the difference in the tips, unless I missed it.

The box, the instructions and the Autogeek site say it has a 42 oz. capacity, but as you posted, the sprayer itself shows 50 oz. Do you know the reason for the difference?

When I opened the sprayer it was wet inside, with a very small amount of liquid in the bottom. I don't know if that's normal, and possibly condensation from sitting in the hot UPS truck, but I sent a note to customer service asking about it.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Swear it says 50 oz on the side but I'm pretty sure the Rag Company said 50 oz in their video, check it out and see what they say there. The tips are pretty easy, green is too dry but could be used for the engine bay but everything else its between orange, which is wettest and gray which is a happy medium.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried using a Foam Cannon and the old electric pressure washer.

YouTube

I wish the foam was a little thicker. I probably need more oomph, more HP in pressure washer.

12. Likes panthershark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Last night I supervised my 4 year old polish his front loader.

"Dad I have to polish it! I have to polish it like you polish your truck!"

He's got his priorities straight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes Klasse Act, jmnral, SWETM, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent two hours foaming, washing, detailing every nook and cranny, and waxing.

The final result was a clean, shiny car and a disapproving cat.

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-2019-08-13-18-57-00-jpg

16. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
Page 255 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 155205245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265305355755 ... LastLast