autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I bought some TW Ice Snow Foam Wash at Meijer this morning. Daughter #2 and I went there to get bacon and bakery goods for breakfast. My SS was rinseless washed yesterday so I had plans to do the wife’s Beast. That plan got sidetracked but since we have rain in the forecast tomorrow I’ll do it tomorrow night instead. Supposed to be cooler and clear after tomorrow until late Saturday.

Speaking of bacon, we had BLTs for dinner tonight with tomatoes fresh off the vine in the back yard. Yummmmmm!
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

2. Likes Klasse Act, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    I bought some TW Ice Snow Foam Wash at Meijer this morning. Daughter #2 and I went there to get bacon and bakery goods for breakfast. My SS was rinseless washed yesterday so I had plans to do the wife’s Beast. That plan got sidetracked but since we have rain in the forecast tomorrow I’ll do it tomorrow night instead. Supposed to be cooler and clear after tomorrow until late Saturday.

Speaking of bacon, we had BLTs for dinner tonight with tomatoes fresh off the vine in the back yard. Yummmmmm!
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the TW Ice snow foamWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 enjoyable rinseless washes today on my cars.

First time use of ECH20 as a rinseless. Wow, it's a beautiful thing.
    I pressure washed both cars off first and went at it. Gave me a chance to use my newly acquired Shinys Korean 500GSMs...nice.

That ECH20 is some slippery, shiny cleaning solution. First time I didn't use a drying aid in a long time. At least on the CQUK/Gliss car.

The other one with BSD on it I did. Blackfire Si02 on ECH20 wet over a BSD base, you can imagine what a mess I had.
    I don't think I will do that one again,lol

5. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some of the ice snow foam as well plan to use it next weekend if time allows. Gotta get all my hunting stuff diesels in as it’ll be time before I know it.

But I washed wifes after we went and saw my brother and his family. Used P&S bug off at 3:1 and it does great. Almost used 32oz up after 3 cars so going to try 5:1 and a bug sponge if needed. Anyways then I foamed with griots surface wash. Tried 12:1 and man does this cannon go through it. So will try 15:1 and see if we can get around. Rinsed and refoamed the car and then did a 2 bm with 4 mitts and 1oz Meg’s hw. So much better and the 303 sealant is holding its own. Been on 3 months now with no topping.

Finished off foam on work truck and used leftover wash to do it quick. Rinsed and dried both with pfm.

Work truck has cmx, tw sns, and Meg’s hcw. They all shed water great at 2 weeks but stuff sticks to this truck bad given what it’s subjected to in the oil field. Will see in 2 weeks how the bonded contaminates are. Hard to tell tonight as there were small bugs all over it after I dried it off.

Anyways I took pics of both and of the horrid paint on wifes that will get corrected before long I hope.

Cmx on work truck
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1225-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1227-jpg

Tw sns in work truck
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1228-jpg

Wifes bad holograms and scratches in hood. There when purchases.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1231-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1232-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1233-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1234-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1235-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1236-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1237-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1238-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1239-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1240-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1241-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1242-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_1243-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes SWETM, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did some "firsts" this weekend. On Friday I did my first ever rinseless wash with n914 that I had bought a while back and only used for waterless touchup to date. My car wasn't very dirty so I felt safe trying this method and was very impressed with how easy and nice the process was. I see a lot more rinseless washes in the future. Even the rims took well to it.

On Saturday I started my annual detail of the wife's explorer. Washed with gold class and then clay with griots synthetic mit which I've used before and love. Then I used iron-x for the first time and I was kind of ho hum about it. The car has been pretty well maintained but never any chemical decon and hasn't had anything but mk360 applied to it since last June. I spent a year in northern mississippi and the last 3 in upstate ny, all as a kid hauler. I saw a few purple streaks but I dont know how I feel about it and its price. Will still use it until the bottle runs out.

Tapped her up and hit a few spots with menzerna 400 before calling it for the night (a product that i've used many times with good results).

Next new thing for me was to use the highly coveted hdspeed. My previous experience with AIOs was some poorboys that I did not like at all and mk360 which I did. The day was humid and 80* but cloudy so no sun. I would say I was a little disappointed with the amount of dust. I was using green LC pads. It applied easy and buffed easy. Gloss and shine was good... not super soft like some powerlock, but acceptable and I expect some decent protection. I did notice it was real easy to wipe up where I hit trim and other pieces which was not the case with some other aio's I've used. But overall I think I liked applying mk360 more.

Finished the day with some WETS on all that black trim, invisible glass and rainx and mekees tire gel.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_7560-jpgWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_7558-jpg

also recruited some future detailers. To which the 4 year old was quick to explain to mom that she needs to take better care of her car so there aren't so many scratches for dad to fix hahahah
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?-img_7554-jpg
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

9. Likes greynolds84, Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This weekend clayed, klasse aio and 2 coats of klasse sg. First time using the twins and cant stop looking at it. Thinking maybe another coat or 2 this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No pictures cuz I'm exhausted and it was starting to storm. Got the GTI interior detailed and up to my standards. Overall it wasn't bad it just wasn't where I need it to be

Cleaned the inside glass with Meguiars Glass Concentrate. Gave the dash, door panels as well as all the plastics a good cleaning with McKees faster interior. Vacuumed the carpets and seats as well as the hatch. "Shampooed" all the carpets with Meguiars APC at 10•1 also spot treated a couple of stains that were on the cargo mat. Cleaned and coated the seats with Gyeon Leather Cleaner and Leather Coat. Quick spritz or 2 of Poorboys World Pina Colada and that was that

Then decided to do a quick rinseless while I was at it with Ech2o.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

13. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh and also took advantage of the AG 25% off sale and placed a small order.

Gallon of Brake Buster

The new IK Pro Foamer(not available yet)

Hyde's Serum

And some LC Orange foam pads.

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Oh and also took advantage of the AG 25% off sale and placed a small order.

Gallon of Brake Buster

The new IK Pro Foamer(not available yet)

Hyde's Serum

And some LC Orange foam pads.

Brake Buster contains corrosion inhibitors, which in my experience, has prevented rusty brake rotors (and eliminated my need for Hyde's Serum). Just hit up the rotors while you're doing the wheels and check out the results

17. Likes Klasse Act, bfielder32087, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I ordered the just released IK Foam Pro2 and can't wait to get it! I watched The Rag Company's video on it and it appears to hold enough pressure to foam TWO wheels before it has to be pumped back up again, for this reason alone I bought one, plus it holds 50 ounces of working product compared to 35 ounces. Yeah, yeah, yeah, my old works just fine, like YOU aren't getting one and if you don't have one already, NOW is the time to get one and truly enjoy cleaning your tires and wheels when combined with P&S Brake Buster, this duo just can't be beaten
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

19. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 246 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 146196236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256296346746 ... LastLast