autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Big Beast there. Awesome work.

Give this man a beer!
    Think i filled my shaker bottle like 10 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought four paving stones today. I think my wife thought it was for the garden. :-)

This is a little better for getting the tires clean all the way around.

Post Thanks / Like

After traveling to Michigan for a bowling tourny my son was a part of and returning home in some rain and nasty weather I cleaned my daily inside and out to remove the reminants of what looked like a family living out of my car for 3 days Mother nature took her toll on the outside too.

As part of it, I stripped and re-polished the windshield and applied a fresh layer of window treatment. It's been about 8-10 months and time. Normally I use McKee's 37 glass coating but this time I stepped down to another good stand by, Rust Oleum's Never Wet for Glass. Now she's back to shedding water and the wipers are moving smoothly too.

2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tip of the cap to you having your son into bowling! I was back in the D 2 weeks ago and noticed 2 bowling alleys that I almost lived in growing up were closed, one called Regal Lanes, down the road from the GM Tech Center in Warren MI, had a message on the marque....THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. Reading and seeing this really hit me, another piece of my past growing up in the D has vanished.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This weekend I was faced with the dilemma of not washing my daily at all this week vs. washing it in direct sun. I have some McKees 37 Sio2 Auto Wash that I haven't really used and remembered this statement on their web site:

• Stop worrying about water spots! Instead of washing your vehicle one panel at a time and then rinsing it off, wash the ENTIRE vehicle using Sio2 Auto Wash and THEN perform your last and final rinse. This is made possible thanks to the non-alkaline, pH-balanced formula. Water, not auto wash, creates water spots! WARNING! Don't try this with any other auto wash except McKee's 37 Sio2 Auto Wash!

I decided to give it a try: I rinsed the vehicle thoroughly and then applied the Sio2 auto wash with a foam gun (my no-bucket method; I couldn't care less about foam pre-wash). I did what McKees say, I left it on there in the midday sun and I could see it baking onto the paint while I worked around the vehicle. When I went to rinse-- to my relief-- the soap scum rinsed away just fine and left no residue at all. That surprised me and I was really happy with the results.

I don't know if all pH-neutral soaps work like this in real life but this good experience opens up a nice option for me.

Grabbed a photo after we got home later. Though it has nothing to do with it, I liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

All coated up in cermaic pro gold!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    After traveling to Michigan for a bowling tourny my son was a part of and returning home in some rain and nasty weather I cleaned my daily inside and out to remove the reminants of what looked like a family living out of my car for 3 days Mother nature took her toll on the outside too.

As part of it, I stripped and re-polished the windshield and applied a fresh layer of window treatment. It's been about 8-10 months and time. Normally I use McKee's 37 glass coating but this time I stepped down to another good stand by, Rust Oleum's Never Wet for Glass. Now she's back to shedding water and the wipers are moving smoothly too.

Jr Gold?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Tip of the cap to you having your son into bowling! I was back in the D 2 weeks ago and noticed 2 bowling alleys that I almost lived in growing up were closed, one called Regal Lanes, down the road from the GM Tech Center in Warren MI, had a message on the marque....THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. Reading and seeing this really hit me, another piece of my past growing up in the D has vanished.

Yeah as a bowler myself it hurts my soul seeing all these bowling centers closing. Regal just recently closed. Used to bowl there years ago but haven't in a while. They as well as many other bowling centers have quit focusing on bowling. Too worried about doing escape rooms and other silliness instead of actually pouring money into the actual bowling equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Yeah as a bowler myself it hurts my soul seeing all these bowling centers closing. Regal just recently closed. Used to bowl there years ago but haven't in a while. They as well as many other bowling centers have quit focusing on bowling. Too worried about doing escape rooms and other silliness instead of actually pouring money into the actual bowling equipment.

Shot a 715 series at Regal in 1989 when I was 19 yrs old, with a 265 game in there, my best series ever....sanctioned.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Shot a 715 series at Regal in 1989 when I was 19 yrs old, with a 265 game in there, my best series ever....sanctioned.

I was never a huge fan of Regal but ironically I shot my one and only sanctioned 300 there. Very last pair to the right.

Page 238 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 138188228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248288338738 ... LastLast