autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 23 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is Robert Stack still alive? Because I’ve got a real deal Unsolved Mystery going on here...

This is crazy and it sucks... I’m out of ideas. There’s only 2 possibilities left that I can point to.. The water? Pretty unlikely. The cleaner? I’m at a loss.. This ain’t wicking right? No way.
    Wow Ric. That is crazy. It seems to me that the dirt was deeply embedded into the base material of the mat and seeped out while everything was drying. Perhaps you could try a deep cleaning carpet cleaner or hot water extractor. I know that your normal mat cleaning routine is very thorough and effective but this particular case calls for extreme measures.

Post Thanks / Like

I just took possession of a newly released product that I CAN show you guys!

When will I be able to use it......What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes Finick, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just took possession of a newly released product that I CAN show you guys!

When will I be able to use it......What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

You lucky duck. I ordered mine and it won’t be here until the 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    You lucky duck. I ordered mine and it won’t be here until the 5th.

Not sure when or what I'll be using it on but looking forward to using it. Mequiars didn't rush to market with this so I have high expectations for it!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure when or what I'll be using it on but looking forward to using it. Mequiars didn't rush to market with this so I have high expectations for it!

For sure. I think even if it’s simply “on par” with other companies offering these types of products, it’ll still be great. Plus it being locally available is definitely a big plus to me. Could even get some average people into using these products, which would be nice.

Have you applied products like this using the worx to rinse/spread it around? Since it’s cold out that was kind of my plan once I get the chance to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    For sure. I think even if it’s simply “on par” with other companies offering these types of products, it’ll still be great. Plus it being locally available is definitely a big plus to me. Could even get some average people into using these products, which would be nice.

Have you applied products like this using the worx to rinse/spread it around? Since it’s cold out that was kind of my plan once I get the chance to try it.

Oh yeah, I only have the Worx hydroshot to do these things and it "Worx" just fine for me. As you know it's no powerhouse like a regular power washer so you might need more water and an extra battery to do something like a pick up truck or larger SUV but it still gets the job done. They offer an upgraded battery for $75-100 that lasts 3x's as long IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, I only have the Worx hydroshot to do these things and it "Worx" just fine for me. As you know it's no powerhouse like a regular power washer so you might need more water and an extra battery to do something like a pick up truck or larger SUV but it still gets the job done. They offer an upgraded battery for $75-100 that lasts 3x's as long IIRC.

I did end up using mine to clean my wheels/tires and then presoak my car with ONR, and I did enjoy it a lot. I know I said I’d write up a review, but 39 degrees is cold with wind, so I just wanted to get it done lol.

It’s a nice tool, and it exceeded my expectations. Perfect for wheels and tires, adequate for presoaking or a general rinse before a wash, and serviceable to rinse a car after soaping it down. Probably more ideal on a bite sized car like yours rather than something larger, but definitely doable.

I did pick up the 40v/4A version direct from their website.

My first thought upon finishing up using it for the first time was “man if they could bump the GPM closer to 1, this thing would be crazy.”

I’m satisfied with the purchase though, and would recommend it. If it holds up, it’s definitely a winner.

11. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a touchless wash on the Kia cee'd SW today. Was eager to test out a new to me TFR prewash foam. It's a ph neutral TFR prewash foam. Which useally would be alkaline based. It's from a domestic company that detailing and sells their own line of products. Know we do this the Swedish touchless wash way LOL.

This what I started with.

Then without any pre-rinse with the PW. I put on a tar degreaser under the windows and on the sides and back of the car. You see the tar spots are desolving.

After dwelling little over 5min. I foam with the foamcannon directly over the tar degreaser on the whole car. Let it dwell for over 5min-10min. This prewash foam made me smile. I diluted it 1:1 in the foamcannon bottle and set the chemical mix setting in the middle. And wow what a thick foam I got. Put the chemical mix setting in the least chemical mix setting. And still shaving cream thick foam. Next time I will dilute it at 1:5-1:10 In the foamcannon bottle. But I was a little confused as a too thick of a foam either runs off to fast or clings and not takeing and dirt with the run off. As you can see it is plenty of dirt in the run offed foam and still a good foam left on the car. I think I could let it dwell for up to 15min if wanted. But around 7-8min was enough.

This is when I decided to clean it off. No prewash foam I have used have been like this for that long of a dwelling time.

Then the useally with use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. Start from the bottom and work my way up. And since it's a touchless wash I rinsed thoroughly from the top and work my way down as after a 2bm wash. They had rain in the forecast. And it started to rain while I was cleaning the foam off.

So the only products used was the tar degreaser and prewash foam and PW. Was it perfect? No but good enough for a winter wash. Even most of the road film was cleaned off. I'm satisfied with the results

/Tony

13. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took advantage of the 63 degree temps and knocked the dirt off of the ZR2. It go's in tomorrow for my list of warranty items missed during delivery. And having a Aeroskin II Bug deflector installed. Yea. Loaner time.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

15. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 23 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast