autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So we had 2 massive downpours here today, one my car sat in and the other I had to drive in the tail end of it, roads wet. I decided to do a Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash to it, so I mixed things up and got after it. I first pre-treated the wheelwells with 303 degreaser, hit the tires with 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner and foamed the rims down with P&S Brake Buster and let them dwell, then scrubbed with Mother's tire brush and Speed Master, rinsed down, onto the wash.

Upon spraying down each section I noticed the paint had no visible dirt on it, but I pre-treated like normal and began the wash. The only visible dirt i saw was when i wiped up under the side skirts, that Brand "LM" Sio2 spray is really awesome but you know what, i was curious as to how it played with others, time to join the cult, urrrrrr, bandwagon and apply some Turtle Wax Ice Seal and Shine to the paint and glass. I can report it played very well with Brand "LM" Sio2 spray sealant. I just did 2 sprays per section, wiped in and flipped the towel over and it just disappeared, crazy! I did use a couple towels because the car wasn't completely dry as I just did that Griot's Garage Brillant Shine rinseless wash, didn't have my Master Blaster down here with me, oh well, I have plenty of towels for this. I'm extremely impressed with this product, need to get some more, especially at the closeout price but if not, oh well, I'll just wait till its re-released again down the road at a higher price and new nameWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? (I'm subscribing to someone's notion posted here somewhere)

I even applied some to my cellphone screen, its SUPER slick, fingers are just sliding all over the place! Well now it's time for a shower and bedWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes SWETM, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Filled my D143 bottle up at 2:1. Filled my D101 at 8:1 give or take. Filled a bottle with the P&S bug off. Didn’t realize but you can dilute up to 10:1. I think I went 3:1. We shall see how it is vs McKees. May have a ccsb chevy2500 and a Toyota mini van this weekend if all works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to wash my Kia cee'd SW. My injuries and I don't have good standing with each other LOL. Last wash was little over 3 months ago. Crap it's a long time and when washed the road salt was very much present on the roads and takes a time for it to be cleaned up from them. Don't remember if I applyied Carpro Hydro2 lite at the last wash or the wash before that. Either way the car has have a great self cleaning ability from the Hydro2 lite. But now the road film was very much visible when looked at it and the dirt on the trim showed those streaking dirt from them.

A picture from the morning yesterday and the silver metallic paint is great to hide how dirty it is LOL. The summer wheels was put on a week ago. So they where preped and sealed before putting them on. Tire coating and one wheel sealant on the barrels and Polish Angel Supersport Wheel Coating on the wheel faces.

Started with the stronger prewash foam and PW clean rinsing it off. The protection showed some failure on some surfaces and needed to be refreshed as I thought it would be. And the biggest difference is that I didn't have the useally build up of tar spots that I useally have. Hmm impresive and also a positive experience.

A bucket wash with multible mf wash mitts and pads. Blowed off most of the water with the leafblower and dried with a PFM style drying towel.

Then after a while I was trying a more concentrated and more protection in it of my favorite topper. Ohh man did you feel it was a more heavy amount of the Si+ technology in it. The application was very dragging and hard to get worked in. But the last buff up to get any high spots wipe off was as slick as useally. May not be on for so long as I look for being able to polish and protect in the near future. Will be interesting to see how the next wash goes.

The finished results.

When I have just taken out and set up for the wash. A very good friend of mine came by. And she was very kind to help out with the wash and the final buff off of the LSP. It goes much faster when you are 2 to wash. And as a thank you I refilled the foamcannon and she gave her DD a foam bath. Just a quick touchless wash as it was in need of a decon wash badly. And the time was not there to do a whole decon wash. But she was offered to have any products I have and use on her DD when we can do the whole car.

My good friend in action with the foamcannon and a prewash foam. Around 1:4 in the foamcannon bottle and then the 3 setting on the chemical mix setting on the foamcannon where 1 is the least and 10 the max chemical output setting. Pretty awesome foam and she had a blast foaming and clean rinse it off with the PW LOL. She liked how it works even in the sun with foaming and the longer dwell time you get from it.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I did a bunch of polishing today and had a bucket of McKees 37 Coating Prep Wash mixed up from earlier. I decided to throw the pads into the bucket to let them soak while I worked on the rest of the car. I have to say, it worked really well. By the time I was ready to clean the pads they were super pliable.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a week of heat and rain, the FNW was in full effect!

The last time I cleaned the car was last weekend, then applied TW Ice Seal and Shine to it (more on that later) This entire week has been hot, humid and bad rains but the rains have happened when the car was parked outside, but it was lookin' pretty gritty, let's get to it!

I started off by pre-treating the wheelwells with 303 degreaser and then turning my attention to the tires and wheels. I've already stated this but my new "Go to" is P&S Brake Buster diluted 5:1 in my IK 1.5 and if you haven't tried this product yet....DO SO! I sprayed the tires and wheels, including barrels and maybe used a 1/4 of my 1.5 container to do all 4 hoops. I scrubbed around the lugs, Mother's tire and wheel brush for the tires and Speed Master for the spokes and barrels. The cleaning ability of this product, used this way, is INCREDIBLE! Once they were all rinsed down it was time to wash the car.

For the car wash I decided a foam/dwell/rinse was all that was needed. Tonights soap was Hydrosilex Silica soap, it's been a while and I really like this product. I ended up using half of my tank of cleaning solution. I let it dwell pretty long and then rinsed off and then....the magic showed itself! The magic I speak of is the beading of TW Ice Seal & Shine, I N C R E D I B L EWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Yeah I know it's only a weak old but the way it was beading though, the hood had beads so small you could barely see them! Being an excessive individual (also trying to use up some of my stock) I wanted to give a little "kick", not that it needed it but while the car was wet I misted on some Auto Fanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer (similar to Beadmaker) Haven't used this since last year and it POPS, expect even more POP after it cures, now I might have to take it to cars and coffee on Sunday, even though we're not allowed into THIS particular C&CWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I dried the car with the Sucker and finished up with a pair of Griot's Garage PFM's, alot was asked of these towels tonight! I haven't applied a tire dressing, that comes tomorrow and will be Gyeon Tire.

In closing I can't endorse P&S Brake Buster enough and it doesn't matter if you use it straight or @5:1 in the IK Foamer, THIS product just flat out worksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

9. Thanks bofh thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, MadMerc, PaulMys, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I washed my HHR Thursday with the old school Blackfire Rinseless I bought for 4 bucks from AG a while back. Topped it with some McKees 37 Fast Wax on one side,and DG rinseless as a QD in the other on the top surfaces. Gonna see who holds up better!

I had saved some leftovers McKees rinse free wash and wax to use on the HHR. It's a beater so I just used the leftover solution from my two vehicles that don't really get dirty. I didn't get to use it though.

We had a mouse chew up our central air wiring on the inside and out. In a comedy of errors,we got the mouse to come out of the pipe that carries the drain and wiring from the inside unit out to the condesner,but he ran back in before we could dispose of him. Those little suckers can squeeze through the tiniest of holes. We set out traps,and hadn't seen anymore of the mouse.

I was running a little late to work Thursday morning. I went into the garage to put my work boots on,and I heard splashing noises. I knew it was coming from the bucket of McKees 37 rinseless wash. I cautiously walked over to the bucket,and saw a mouse/rat swimming in and desperately trying to get out of the bucket. I knew it was going to be one of those days.... I felt sorry for the little guy. My wife and I are tender-hearted towards animals. The poor thing looked pitiful.

I had to wake my wife up and tell her to put the garage door down as soon as I went outside so I could pour Mickey out without him running back in. As soon as I did,he was gone. Next time he won't be so lucky even though I felt sorry for him! I lost 4 gallons of McKees also. And yes,work was crazy that day!

11. Thanks bofh thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    After a week of heat and rain, the FNW was in full effect!

The last time I cleaned the car was last weekend, then applied TW Ice Seal and Shine to it (more on that later) This entire week has been hot, humid and bad rains but the rains have happened when the car was parked outside, but it was lookin' pretty gritty, let's get to it!

I started off by pre-treating the wheelwells with 303 degreaser and then turning my attention to the tires and wheels. I've already stated this but my new "Go to" is P&S Brake Buster diluted 5:1 in my IK 1.5 and if you haven't tried this product yet....DO SO! I sprayed the tires and wheels, including barrels and maybe used a 1/4 of my 1.5 container to do all 4 hoops. I scrubbed around the lugs, Mother's tire and wheel brush for the tires and Speed Master for the spokes and barrels. The cleaning ability of this product, used this way, is INCREDIBLE! Once they were all rinsed down it was time to wash the car.

For the car wash I decided a foam/dwell/rinse was all that was needed. Tonights soap was Hydrosilex Silica soap, it's been a while and I really like this product. I ended up using half of my tank of cleaning solution. I let it dwell pretty long and then rinsed off and then....the magic showed itself! The magic I speak of is the beading of TW Ice Seal & Shine, I N C R E D I B L EWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Yeah I know it's only a weak old but the way it was beading though, the hood had beads so small you could barely see them! Being an excessive individual (also trying to use up some of my stock) I wanted to give a little "kick", not that it needed it but while the car was wet I misted on some Auto Fanatic 007 Gloss Enhancer (similar to Beadmaker) Haven't used this since last year and it POPS, expect even more POP after it cures, now I might have to take it to cars and coffee on Sunday, even though we're not allowed into THIS particular C&CWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I dried the car with the Sucker and finished up with a pair of Griot's Garage PFM's, alot was asked of these towels tonight! I haven't applied a tire dressing, that comes tomorrow and will be Gyeon Tire.

In closing I can't endorse P&S Brake Buster enough and it doesn't matter if you use it straight or @5:1 in the IK Foamer, THIS product just flat out worksWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Do you like it as well as the AF wheel cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Do you like it as well as the AF wheel cleaner?

As a maintenance wash yes because it's less expensive, FAR LESS! P&S Brake Buster is $20.00 a gallon whereas Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner is $50.00 a quart, I use both in my IK 1.5. The thing is I haven't used Brake Buster at a stronger ratio yet for "no touch" cleaning. With Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner you pour out 12 oz from your gallon of distilled and top off with AF foaming wheel cleaner and when used at this ratio, it's awesome, really works!

Now I was listening to The Rag Company's live podcast on Thursday and they actually spoke about Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner vs. P&S Brake Buster and they said to try a 20 oz ratio per gallon, so I'm going to try that actually very soon and see how it goes. If it works I've learned a valuable lesson, I mean money is money and $20 for 128 oounces compared to $50 for 32 ounces is "a something". I mean the Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner is made to be safe for the user as well as the metal parts around it and P&S Brake Buster has the rust inhibitors in it and they do work, very minimal rusting on the rotors and I swear my unpainted calipers look better even since using this product!

I guess I should've did a review thread for this, maybe when I do the 20 ounce ratio for P&S Brake Buster, stay "tuned"What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

14. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I just went downstairs to try yet another new tire dressing. You might be asking "what is it" and all I can say it's from a local mfg who make one of the best interior protectants, along with other GREAT products for all your detailing needs!

I've had this product for a couple weeks now and my contact told me to apply it, I was also told how NOT to apply it. Being the person I am I had to experience the "how to NOT" apply it first and that's spraying it directly into your applicator and swiping. Now initially I did it like this and I thought it looked great and went off to bed but in the morning I had barely a satin finish.

So about a half an hour ago I applied it the way I was told to....by spraying it directly onto the tire and letting it dry on it's own. I have to be honest, I haven't applied a product to a tire like this since God knows when. I know this, if it works it's going to be great for those with knobby tires and/or alot of sidewall. With modern tires, with lower profile tires, your going to get some on the edge of your rims, so you'll need to wipe it off, luckily its water-based and silicone free. This product is labeled as High Gloss, just an FYI. I took it upon myself to spray some up in the wheelwells as well.

Below is a pic of the tire after initial application and then one after I did a 4 tires and wells (there's a pic for yah PaulWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?)

Oh and btw I'll post another pic once the product has fully dried so we can ALL see how it looks and you can decide if you like the looks or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post
    I lost 4 gallons of McKees also. And yes,work was crazy that day!
    Is that a thing people do, mix up rinseless wash and keep it around for days? It doesn't go flat like regular soap?

Page 218 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 118168208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228268318718 ... LastLast