autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

This weekend I tried PNS for the first time and messed around trying to get a glamor shot of the results. A phone camera makes it tough to do this; mad props to those that do photo shoots of auto detailing for a living.

Attachment 66797

2. Likes Klasse Act, SWETM, Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the optimum ultra clay mitt, and it arrived today.

Broke it in on my gfs car, and then washed my car/clayed the horizontal panels.

Really nice mitt, I broke it in on her glass and as I was working around her car I felt like it started to really come into its own. At first I was concerned it wasn’t going to do a great job, but by the end a few swipes on her pretty neglected car was enough to pull the contaminates off.

Guess I didn’t spend enough time on the glass, lol. I also used megs HCW the way they always show case OCW being used with the mitt, so we’ll see how that works out What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes PaulMys, DETAILROOKIE, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Just a follow up to my post about the mitt. Since optimum recommends them to hang dry and then be stored in their container, I spent a little while looking for something I could use to hang it by. Finally decided to repurpose a shower curtain ring (please don’t tell my gf.)

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE, SWETM, kevincwelch, GAMBIT61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I decided to wash the car last night, it rained after I pulled into work yesterday and I had light water spots on the car, so why not a wash, especially when it wasn't supposed to rain....guess what, it did, about 2 hrs before I got up for work, figures. As I post this I'm looking outside and I see it's raining again...and the sun is trying to come outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

FWIW I used P&S Pearl soap in my IK Foam 9, let it dwell, rinsed with the Worx hydroshot and dried with the Sucker and Sucker Jr. It still brings a smile to my face when I foam the car and especially when I rinse because of the insane beadingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

8. Likes SWETM, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So it rained overnight last night and ofcoarse the road was all wet going to work this morning, then the sun came out and although the car wasn't horrible it wasn't up to "our" standards so I got after it again this evening, it's supposed to be nice tomorrow and it's just gotta be freshWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I knew I was going to be doing a RW this evening but when gathering up my supplies I thought "how about something different" and that different ended up being WGU RW and it's as awesome as I remember, 2 ounces in 3.5 gallons of water, my 1000 ML Kwazzer and 5 mf towels, knocked it out! When doing the pre-treat the beads were INCREDIBLE and the wash was sooooo easy. Drying the car was SUPER easy with the Sucker and Griot's Garage waffle weave towel. I should mention that before I got after the wash I cleaned the wheels with P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaner in the IK 1.5L foamer @5:1 and this ratio makes the cleaning more fun & thorough, it's now going to be the only wheel cleaner I'm using now, well along with Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner for the road trips and Dragon run as you don't need to scrub when using the 12 oz ratio, wonder if the P&S Brake Buster can do the same thing, hmmmWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Once I dried the tires and wheels I applied a brand new, not yet released to the market, tire dressing. Once I get the green light I will do a review of it but I will say this, I applied it the opposite way that my contact did, just had to see how it worked for me and what you see in the pics is what the tires looked like after being applied, 1 coat and about 5 minutes afterwards. I'm going to be curious as to how it looks in the morning and I would also like to pass along I sprayed Super Clean aerosol on the tires, the foam turned light brown almost immediately too. I can say it's a water-based product....thoughtsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Time for bed, my buddy Hectour and I were trying to solve the world's problems tonight on the phone, always talk to him while I'm working on my car, time flies when your having funWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

10. Likes SWETM, MadMerc, Maxreed241, derek0609 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Friend wanted to coat his car after seeing mine.

Pre wash: griots surface wash with BF foam booster

Wash: Optimum car wash one bucket method

Dry: Pluffles

Chem Decon: Car is brand new and seems to not be a lot of ferrous metals in Washington as my 2 year old car had no bleeding with iron X so just used cheap stuff.

Eagle One Black an plasti coat wheel cleaner/Megs Ultimate wheel cleaner.

Mech decon: Griots brilliant synthetic clay l/nano skin fine clay sponge

Tools: BOSS G15 and Adam’s SK mini

Pads; 5” Lake country CCS and 3” LC flat both green

Polish: Griots CC on some light scratches. CP essence all over:

Wipe: Gyeon prep and CP eraser

Coating: CP CQUK3 and Reload

Sorry bout pics. We finished at night and he sent me these next day.

12. Likes Klasse Act, Maxreed241, SWETM, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took in a 2016 Roush Supercharged F150 Platinum for a FULL coating. Paint, wheels, trim and glass. Doing it all. Should turn out beautifully.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Friend wanted to coat his car after seeing mine.

Pre wash: griots surface wash with BF foam booster

Wash: Optimum car wash one bucket method

Dry: Pluffles

Chem Decon: Car is brand new and seems to not be a lot of ferrous metals in Washington as my 2 year old car had no bleeding with iron X so just used cheap stuff.

Eagle One Black an plasti coat wheel cleaner/Megs Ultimate wheel cleaner.

Mech decon: Griots brilliant synthetic clay l/nano skin fine clay sponge

Tools: BOSS G15 and Adam’s SK mini

Pads; 5” Lake country CCS and 3” LC flat both green

Polish: Griots CC on some light scratches. CP essence all over:

Wipe: Gyeon prep and CP eraser

Coating: CP CQUK3 and Reload

Sorry bout pics. We finished at night and he sent me these next day.

Great work and write up!

Looks awesome!

/ Tony

16. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Picture is from today but the wash was done yesterday. RW with ECH2O. Wheels were cleaned with mcKees 37 Foaming Wheel Cleaner. Wheel wells and tires cleaned with 3D Citrus Degreaser. Tires dressed with Perl 1•1

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

18. Likes SWETM, derek0609, Maxreed241, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After a very busy work week it was time to unwind with the FNW!

I actually did 2 WW's this week, Tue and Wed and the car was pretty dusty by today, so all that was needed was a foaming with the IK Foam 9 using Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, dwell and rinse. I did use the entire 1.3 gallons of solution too, foamed everything twice, including the tires/wheels too, even though I started off with P&S Brake Buster on the wheels, my new go to for maintenance wheel cleaning, LOVE THIS STUFF!

So remember when I said "all that was needed", well, need and want are 2 different things, so I ofcoarse added more WANT and that want came in the form of 12 ounces of Meg's HCW at the 6:1 ratio, emptied the entire bottle on the car, glass and wheels...twice! I let it sit and dwell and then rinsed away and ofcoarse the beading was spectacular! So was it the Meg's HCW or the IGL Premier I laid down 2 weeks ago, or the Beadmaker in the middle....ummm, yesWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I'll apply something to the tires tomorrow sometime, not sure what quite yetWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

20. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 206 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 106156196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216256306706 ... LastLast