autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Oh, that's a tricky question. Two products that have a decent hype right now. Let's see what he says.

I skipped on Auto Fanatic's wheel cleaner due to shipping cost. And I'm skipping on Brake Buster for now because it may very well be the next Bead Maker. Too much hype, not that great of a performer.
    Beadmaker and hype, one of its biggest critics here has used it and found it to be awesome, just like the rest of us Bewdmaker users. You just have to know going in what it DOES and DOESN'T do, that all, it's that easy. Because of this current sale it's almost free to try Beadmaker and this Brake Buster...trust meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Is brake buster a full strength product or is there a dilution? I think I'll try a gallon... for $15 why not

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Beadmaker and hype, one of its biggest critics here has used it and found it to be awesome, just like the rest of us Bewdmaker users. You just have to know going in what it DOES and DOESN'T do, that all, it's that easy. Because of this current sale it's almost free to try Beadmaker and this Brake Buster...trust meWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I have a gallon of Bead Maker at home. I've used about 2x 16oz bottles from that gallon. It's just ok, my issue with it is that it doesn't last and that it seems to attract more dust/pollen than any other drying aid. But I do admit that it makes the paint glossy and slick.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I have a gallon of Bead Maker at home. I've used about 2x 16oz bottles from that gallon. It's just ok, my issue with it is that it doesn't last and that it seems to attract more dust/pollen than any other drying aid. But I do admit that it makes the paint glossy and slick.
    I do understand your concern about how it attracts pollen but then again if it is pollen season there really is nothing to keep that stuff off of your car.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ....but then again if it is pollen season there really is nothing to keep that stuff off of your car.

^^^This^^^
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I placed an order with AG today, not too much but I really don't need much, LOL. I bought a gallon of the P&S Brake Buster, a can of the Griot's Garage foaming tire cleaner (2nd can so far) and the new #520 Collinite QD. Looking forward to trying the #520 on "something", the other 2 products I have already used, they are VERY good products and actually work hand in hand with each other!

8. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just finished washing and decontaminating my wife’s car. I’ll polish it tomorrow and coat it Sunday. UK3.0 and Gliss v2 on paint, Dlux on trim, McKee’s on glass. Wheels get just Hydro Blue, her wheels are not worth my time to coat.
    Bruno Soares

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished getting my Cadillac back to 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

So I preperation for a monthly cars and coffee tomorrow I decided to "spruce it up a tad" this morning. I started with using my Sidekick mini to blow out the interior, especially between the seats and then vac it out. I then sprayed some CG's Signature scent in there to finish it off, now onto the car.

Since I did a Griot's Garage Brillant Finish RW on Thursday night it wasn't too bad but well, you know What did you do today, in regards to detailing? I did an Ech2o WW to ensure a clean, fresh finish, plus it added some POP because that's what Ech2o does so well. Well, with the recent talk of Beadmaker made me think, "when's the last time I used it?" I then went on to apply a coat of Beadmaker to the car, now it sits to cure till tomorrow for Collectors Car Garage "Rise and Drive" cars and coffee. I also used the application towel for Beadmaker to wipe down the jams, give them some POP too. I finished up by adding a very light coat of Hydrosilex Slick to the tires.

13. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Covered the car in McKees iron remover. Used close to 40oz to cover the whole thing including wheels. Then pulled out of the garage and rinsed off. Then 2bm with hyperwash. Foamed yo awesome but not so much on the paint. Of all soaps I’ve used so far Gyeon bath and reset have been top of my list. Once done washing this huge thing the sun had come up and of course being black started to make water spots. I did my best to keep the damn thing wet and cool but not successful. Backed in garage after rinse. Used 4 16x16 and a 25x35 pfms to dry using the Merlin elixir v3 I made up. It’s much less finicky after adding another 10oz of water and diluting more. Needs clay bar/towel and corrected and coated.

Also orders up a griots polisher rack, gallon of McKees iron remover and some other small odds and ends brushes/tools

Attachment 66769Attachment 66770Attachment 66771Attachment 66772Attachment 66773Attachment 66774

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes Klasse Act, DETAILROOKIE, PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
Page 204 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 104154194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214254304704 ... LastLast