autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally got to wash the Ford Focus I maintain. It was needed as I would take it in for the yearly inspection that is mandatory to do. So even if it's just was a fast wash I was satisfied with it. I don't remember exactly when I put the second application of the Sonax Spray and Seal on it. What I did noticed was it has stayed much cleaner than before and actually have had some self cleaning ability on it. After the last wash that was made in the middle of february. It was a lot of road salt on the roads and just 2-3 weeks since it has been acceptable clean on the roads after the winter. And the car has been dirtier than before the wash I did. The Sonax Spray and Seal was showing a little action that it was still there after clean rinsed the prewash foam with the PW. But after the bucket wash it was failed.

Tried out my new foamcannon from a domestic detailing company brand.

Cleaned up nice with just a prewash foam and a bucket wash. And also no protection or glossenhancers left behind from them. Also no drying aid or wipe down afterwards. So pretty good for some feet away of the car with a failed hydrophobic surface of the Sonax Spray and Seal. And don't think it's in good with swirls either as I think that it's needed to have a compounding at least. It has lived a rough swirlomatic car wash life before until 2 years ago since I started to do the maintance. Really hope to do a correction on it soon. Quite impresive consider it's unprotected at the moment or at least hydrophilic water behavior on it.

The wash was done around 10am in the sun. And even if carefull it got some water spots. We have soft water here but we do have lime in the water. So will see if I can do a waterless wash or rinseless wash with Carpro EcH2O in the next couple of days. And if that's not getting the water spots removed I have a new interesting water spot remover coming in.
    Here you can maybe see some water spots. The trim need to be protected again and will be done with Carpro PERL.

/ Tony

2. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Had quite a busy Memorial Day weekend. Polished and coated my customer with the Edition One G63’s Porsche Macan Turbo. Also did a maintenance wash on his Edition One when I finished the Porsche. Lastly, had a new client with a G63 that I coated on Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beautiful job and beautiful cars. Having briefly owned a Macan, I still think it's the nicest looking CUV/SUV.

Post Thanks / Like

So after days of rain and today it was in the upper 70's and sunny the car was OVERDUE for a wash and with all the talk of RW, WW and QD as a WW I decided to take a step back and do a RW using the GD method and for the wash I reached for the Griot's Garage Brillant Finish rinseless wash. When you have N914 and Ech2o to use you don't really need anything else but not only is the Griot's Garage Brillant Finish a great product that leaves NOTHING behind its VERY cost effective...yes, Griot's and cost effective in the same sentence!

For the wash I had 3 gallons of water, so its 1 ounce per gallon, I used 4 because it's just what I do. I dropped in 7 towels and stirred the pot, some would say I'm a master at doing thisWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? I then dunked my 1000 ML Kwazzer in there and got after it with the pre-treat. This product smells great and just finished down clean, a clean you can see!

Once I was done doing the RW I turned my attention to the wells where I sprayed Alien Kleen in there and let it dwell. Then it was time for the rims and a new product, sold here on AG and from the people that have brought you the most controversial product since water, Beadmaker and its P&S' Brake Buster. Now I've gotta say, what's the deal with these guys and their names, Brake Buster...don't you mean Brake Dust Buster, first Beadmaker and now this, LOL. Anywho, call it what you want but it's another homerun! This wheel cleaner has a rust inhibitor in it, thus meaning your rotors don't get as rusty and to be honest with you, after rinsing them down and wiping out the jams and then the tires and wheels, I saw NO rust, we'll see tomorrow morning when I leave for work. I'll say this too, when combined with my Speed Master, this product foams up alot and my wheels came out very clean. I tried to buy the gallon because I have faith in P&S but sadly it wasn't in stock, so I only have the 16 ounce size...for now!

Now it's time for bed, thanks for looking and hopefully you guys look into these products I used today, top notch stuff What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

5. Likes SWETM, MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I went down to the Garage this morning to apply some Hydrosilex Slick to the tires and I noticed minimal rust on my rotors from the wash last night, so IMO this P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaner DOES keep the rust to a minimum. Now I just hope the gallon size becomes available soon....very soonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I went down to the Garage this morning to apply some Hydrosilex Slick to the tires and I noticed minimal rust on my rotors from the wash last night, so IMO this P&S Brake Buster wheel cleaner DOES keep the rust to a minimum. Now I just hope the gallon size becomes available soon....very soonWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

That's awesome with rust inhibitors in a wheel cleaner. Looked at Matts vlog on Obsessed Garage when he visits the P&S manufacture plant. Very interesting to see how some chemicals is made for the detailing industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    That's awesome with rust inhibitors in a wheel cleaner. Looked at Matts vlog on Obsessed Garage when he visits the P&S manufacture plant. Very interesting to see how some chemicals is made for the detailing industry.
    Unfortunately like I said earlier I had to buy the smallest size bottle because it was the only one in stock and I really wanted to try this product out. That said when the gallon becomes available I will be buying 1 and it will be my go to maintenance wheel cleaning product!

10. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately like I said earlier I had to buy the smallest size bottle because it was the only one in stock and I really wanted to try this product out. That said when the gallon becomes available I will be buying 1 and it will be my go to maintenance wheel cleaning product!

It's a available...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered two gallons to try out. Do you like it more than that autofanatic stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered two gallons to try out. Do you like it more than that autofanatic stuff?
    Oh, that's a tricky question. Two products that have a decent hype right now. Let's see what he says.

I skipped on Auto Fanatic's wheel cleaner due to shipping cost. And I'm skipping on Brake Buster for now because it may very well be the next Bead Maker. Too much hype, not that great of a performer.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that yet because when I first tried Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner at the 12 oz ratio I didn't have to use a brush on ANYTHING and apparently you can use this stuff in the IK 1.5 foamer, just talked to Derek0609 about that minutes ago. I'll let you know when I cross that bridge but rest assured, the Auto-Fanatic foaming wheel cleaner is NO JOKE!

Page 203 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 103153193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213253303703 ... LastLast