autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Which towels made the difference with the ECH2o?
    Initially I was using a towel from a company not sold here. Ended up using a TRC Pluffle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

2. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Initially I was using a towel from a company not sold here. Ended up using a TRC Pluffle.

Thank you.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

4. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I added some Hydrosilex Slick to the tires, 303 protectant to the wells and Tri-Nova leather conditioner to the seats, finished with squirts of CG's Signature scent, nice and fresh...inside and outWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, TTQ B4U, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Had originally planned on washing the car with optimum car wash to post a picture of my bubbles in another thread, but when I got out there and was looking over my car it really wasn’t THAT dirty.

So I just rinsed it off with my pressure washer and went around wiping it down with Wolfgang Uber diluted as a waterless wash.

In hindsight the whole process felt rushed and very cumbersome, but everything came out just fine. Would’ve been faster had I just mixed up some car wash and done it that way, but at least I tried What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.
    I get those what was I thinking moments every so often.

8. Likes Finick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I get those what was I thinking moments every so often.
    Hah, yeah.

I guess I just see people talking about doing it that way at pay and spray car washes and I was like “what the hell I may as well try.” I figured mixing up car soap, rinsing the mitts at the end and putting them away would’ve taken longer.

Maybe if I would stop procrastinating and replace my pump sprayer it would’ve been a quicker process What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

I guess it would help if I was running some type of DI water set up, wouldn’t feel the need to rush to get it done before anything catastrophic happened with water drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Hate quoting pics but since you didn’t write anything i wanted to make sure you knew my question was to you. Do you work at Detailers Domain or the same gen Viper is a coincidence? They were working on one just like that the other day.
    No I have no clue what/who that is. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Newb here...Basic Wash today as I’m trying to figure out what I’m going to use on her next for the “big detail”. About 4-5 weeks ago, completed my first correction w/HF DA, stripped old wax (new car for me), iron x, blackfire clay mit, DPC Flash Pro with LC Orange 5.5”, then finished with a fairly generic wax (I didn’t know better at the time), and Beadmaker as the LSP.

For my first time, I think I did a great job, I text my buddy saying the car still had its clear coat still intact...mission accomplished!! After closer inspection, I still had some swirls, to no fault of the product but to my lack of experience with a DA.

I’ll post my questions about the “next step” on the proper forum later.

Today just used Meguiar’s Gold Class Wash, Eagle One on the wheels, Meguiar’s Hot Shine on the tires, Griot’s Interior Cleaner, and topped it off with P&S Bedmaker(love the stuff...smooth as a babies....) I was tempted to breaking out the DA today but I had to stop myself to make sure I do the right thing in regards to products being used next time.

Thx...
    JF

.jpg[/IMG].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Dude, for your first detail, That is OUTSTANDING!

Awesome work, man.

Black paint is hardest (by far) to get looking good.

Great pics!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

IGL Premier users only...questionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I applied this to my car 2 weeks ago, no issues. I've applied it ontop of several other layers of "stuff" but I guess it only matters what the last product was and that would've been Meg's HCW mixed at 7:1 and applied in the spray on, hose off method...no problems, so this brings me to the question.

Yesterday I did a N914 WW on my buddy Hectour's 79' Rx-7 to get it ready for an application of IGL Premier. Now I should say I did paint correction and coating on the car last year, so I decided to just go with a stronger WW and a single application of IGL Premier. I did this in his garage and it ended up getting muggy yesterday but I used a special towel to apply it (can't name it as I think I'm on a teather now), short nap and a 2nd towel to buff (plush towel but again, can't name it as I don't wanna be brought up on charges) When I buffed it down it leveled down, I saw NO high spots. The car sat for the rest of the day, overnight and came out this morning to go to a show. The clouds rolled in this morning and rain came in, off and on and my buddy tells me there was a number of high spots, they apparently just "appeared", WTHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? He said they were all over the car too!

So my question is this, did it not play well with last years applied coating or did it not cure enough and/or the weather reek havoc on it...thoughtsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    IGL Premier users only...questionWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So I applied this to my car 2 weeks ago, no issues. I've applied it ontop of several other layers of "stuff" but I guess it only matters what the last product was and that would've been Meg's HCW mixed at 7:1 and applied in the spray on, hose off method...no problems, so this brings me to the question.

Yesterday I did a N914 WW on my buddy Hectour's 79' Rx-7 to get it ready for an application of IGL Premier. Now I should say I did paint correction and coating on the car last year, so I decided to just go with a stronger WW and a single application of IGL Premier. I did this in his garage and it ended up getting muggy yesterday but I used a special towel to apply it (can't name it as I think I'm on a teather now), short nap and a 2nd towel to buff (plush towel but again, can't name it as I don't wanna be brought up on charges) When I buffed it down it leveled down, I saw NO high spots. The car sat for the rest of the day, overnight and came out this morning to go to a show. The clouds rolled in this morning and rain came in, off and on and my buddy tells me there was a number of high spots, they apparently just "appeared", WTHWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? He said they were all over the car too!

So my question is this, did it not play well with last years applied coating or did it not cure enough and/or the weather reek havoc on it...thoughtsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I personally have no idea. I've only applied it once to my car and it was applied to bare clear coat. Car originally had on powerlock/collinite for about 6 months. Car received a full decon, clay and light polish Menzerna 3500. Applied it on April 24th and I haven't had any issues.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
Page 199 of 1202 FirstFirst ... 991491891901911921931941951961971981992002012022032042052062072082092492996991199 ... LastLast