autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    Car looks great!
    I finally got around to applying the Meguiars to my fusion. I also used the damp applicator method, but I applied it to a wet panel, rinsed it off and then dried. This method seemed to work well for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    So John, we were "down in Mexico" today and I raced my buddy Kevin's Unleashed Tune'd/Magnaflow axle-back'd/K&N drop-in Fusion again, this time right from the light...put 2 on me and that's where it stayed, didn't go too far, came up on a donkey and cart, stopped for some food....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes MadMerc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So John, we were "down in Mexico" today and I raced my buddy Kevin's Unleashed Tune'd/Magnaflow axle-back'd/K&N drop-in Fusion again, this time right from the light...put 2 on me and that's where it stayed, didn't go too far, came up on a donkey and cart, stopped for some food....

I need to hear that axle-back. I have an idea what I want to do exhaust wise, but am no totally sure.

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadMerc View Post
    I need to hear that axle-back. I have an idea what I want to do exhaust wise, but am no totally sure.

It's a unit from Magnaflow, everything else is stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's a unit from Magnaflow, everything else is stock.

MRT makes a cat back for the AWD EcoBoost (like mine) that uses Vibrant resonators in place of the suitcase style muffler. I won't spend $800 for that when I can build it for less than $300.
    But, I do like Magnaflow...

2009 Ford Fusion SEL AWD
    3.0L V6, Tein H-Tech springs, Whiteline RSB, 35% Tints, HD Lip, Magnaflow Axle Back
    2015 Ford Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost AWD

6. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pic my buddy Kevin, with the modded Fusion, took of my car this morning from Collectors Car Garage Cars and CoffeeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

8. Likes MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I polished my tonneau cover that I purchased used and it was in bad shape for the last year or more.

I realized I suck at it. Well, it was my first time. Took me FOREVER!!! The thought of having to do an entire vehicle terrifies me. And I also cheated. Went from V34 to 38. There is NO way 34-36-38-glaze to sealant would have been doable in this time. Also, it’s only the tonneau cover!!! What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

So, today I realized I suck at polishing and questioning my whole existence What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

Be gentle on me please.

10. Likes SWETM, hakon78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1st I put on a new tire and wheel on the front right corner thanks to a little pothole.

I then went and cleaned al the tires and put on 3 coats of M37 tire coating.

While I was at it on the passenger side I cleaned the inner fender liners and applied the M37 to,them in front and in the rear I used Britemax tire to see how each will hold up.

Front

Rear

I am not a fan of the fuzzy liners.

12. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I did a hybrid rinseless wash on the wife’s Beast. While doing the wheels and tires I noticed tar blobs and assorted bits of Chitcago expressway goo on the side panels. I foamed the sides with Griot’s Foaming Surface Prep Wash and let it dwell while I cleaned the wheels and tires. Wheels got foamed while the tires got scrubbed several times with McKee’s Tire and Rubber Rejuvenator.
    (Note: Do not waste product by scrubbing until foam is white. Why? My tires were still not black. Dry first and look. Tires still showing brown? Hit ‘em again. The foam was white on the first two tires but when I came back around from the other side I discovered brownish tires... Did them both again from dry. I needed to hit them two more times. Took four rounds to get them “clean.” ) It was also at this point when I confirmed just how awful Meguiar’s HCW is on wheels. I had it on my SS’ winter wheels for a week and have never seen my wheels get that dirty that fast. That stuff IMHO is a dust magnet. Wheels got CarPro Hydro2 and tires got CarPro Perl.

I rinsed the Griot’s off then hit the side panels with some CarPro Tar-X. This got rinsed off then foamed again with Griot’s. I now rinseless washed using ONR. All panels got washed twice as after the second pass I was using a clay towel and removing contaminants that had the paint sounding like sandpaper under the clay towel. A quick rinse per panel revealed excellent beading. Could it be the Optimum Gloss Coat is still going strong at almost twenty months? Sure looks like it to me! I ran downstairs and brought Opti-Seal back up to use as a drying aid.

Interior got a quick wipe down with ONR and glass cleaned with Dr. Beasley’s Glass IQ.

Needless to say the lovely wife is exceedingly happy with her shiny silver Beast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

14. Likes Klasse Act, MadMerc, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s been raining all day, and I got bored. So I mixed up some hyper wash and went outside and soaped my car down and walked away.

Pollen seems to be slowing down, and I’d been meaning to wash it but the weather has been sporadic rain for the last few days.

Was nice to soap it down and walk away, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes Misterpaul, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to my first Griots Caffein and Gasoline. Great time and met a lot of car folks. Even got some ideas for the vert.

The last one was an 88 JDM Toyota Cressida (Japanese version). Thing was immaculate 35k. Velour interior looked 3 years old not 30! Best of all was a factory twin turbo. Was for sale for 8k I’d bought it for 6.

One of the reasons I love the NW. when spring and summer roll around can’t beat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Likes MadMerc, Diner, SWETM liked this post
Page 175 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 751251651661671681691701711721731741751761771781791801811821831841852252756751175 ... LastLast