autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Well I be d**m. Lol. I had a bit of a suspect moment with a customer. Lol wow

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Care to elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Sure geek took long enough to ask I started to think no one cared. Lol. So had two appointments today the first went cool as a cucumber. The second person gave a little bit of issues when asked for the key. So I asked for the key because when doing the odor treatment the car must be running so I can run the air conditioner. So the person was like naw I'll hold on to the key. So I asked once more for the key so they gave it to me then said I don't have anything viable in the car I was like o...w t f..So what are you trying to say? Let me know so I can tap into to my black side to fit the stereotypeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I swear people be trying it now days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Nice. The enjoyment of the job well done is the common thread here on the forum. That is, what brings all of us together for the discussion of such.

Did you take pics??
    Just one - not the best pic but you get the idea.

Attachment 66483

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Should have called em out on it.

Random thought here. We have a gentleman here that I work with. One of the nicest guys I’ve ever met personally. Irony is he owns a hat that says white boy, he could be direct relation to Wesley Snipes. Also has a tat and in it says white boy. So without trying to over step I said, “Q, I gotta ask what’s up with the white boy tat and hat and your dark as the night?” He said it’s a tribute to a friend who passed but he also said it helps break the stereotype mold in the oilfield.

Once heard a black comedian tell a joke. Something along the lines of people calling black folks colored. His response was great...he said man all you white folk get cold and turn blue, get hot and turn red, get sick and turn green, get beat and turn purple...AND IM THE COLORED GUY!!!?

It’s sad but he had a fantastic point

Post Thanks / Like

Random thought here. We have a gentleman here that I work with. One of the nicest guys I’ve ever met personally. Irony is he owns a hat that says white boy, he could be direct relation to Wesley Snipes. Also has a tat and in it says white boy. So without trying to over step I said, “Q, I gotta ask what’s up with the white boy tat and hat and your dark as the night?” He said it’s a tribute to a friend who passed but he also said it helps break the stereotype mold in the oilfield.

Once heard a black comedian tell a joke. Something along the lines of people calling black folks colored. His response was great...he said man all you white folk get cold and turn blue, get hot and turn red, get sick and turn green, get beat and turn purple...AND IM THE COLORED GUY!!!?

That joke is funny why...BECAUSE ITS TRUE! Nobody told more TRUE than Carlin, obvious truth is really funnyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Minerigger, passing that along made my day, thank you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

7. Thanks minerigger thanked for this post
    Likes minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Sure geek took long enough to ask I started to think no one cared. Lol. So had two appointments today the first went cool as a cucumber. The second person gave a little bit of issues when asked for the key. So I asked for the key because when doing the odor treatment the car must be running so I can run the air conditioner. So the person was like naw I'll hold on to the key. So I asked once more for the key so they gave it to me then said I don't have anything viable in the car I was like o...w t f..So what are you trying to say? Let me know so I can tap into to my black side to fit the stereotypeWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. I swear people be trying it now days

Something similar happened to me this weekend, except in my case it turned out to be the complete opposite... Let me explain.

So I detailed a co workers car, I picked it up on Saturday at work [because he’s part of the group that works Saturdays] and drove it home to detail it. As I was doing the usual putting away of phone chargers, cords, gum, etc. into the center console I noticed there was a wallet with so much cash that it was holding the wallet wide open, nothing but cash, my guess is there had to be a couple thousand bucks at least...

1 thing I’m good for is minding my business and respecting peoples things so even though pretty much everyone would’ve been stressed out once they remembered something like that was left in their car, rest assured I didn’t even touch it. Heck, I even made sure to put back the 2 quarters that were in the cup holder.

He just came out of nowhere and bought me a soda right now. Lol.
    Both your post and the soda happened at the same time, that’s why I thought of it.

9. Likes PaulMys, joleyred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You wanna know what's funny my home boy and I was talking. If we have a regular domestic car that customer for some reason turns out to be aholes about the car including that person but if we get a customer with a lambo,Ferrari, and or Bentley so on so on. Then customer often like o hey here's the key I'm gone for the day just stick the key in under the seat or go in the house and put it on the counter. I always thought that was funny. Today it was like so I'm gonna steal your car and belongs all while leaving my truck and fingerprints for the cops to find me later lolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?. All the veteran autogeeks remember my red baby with the yellow calipers. So why would I want to steal your ChevyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I mean I should but people are sensitive these days. They run and write review and Im petty so it was in my best interest just to ignore it because if they would have said clearly what I thought they were saying I would have went in on them lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Something similar happened to me this weekend, except in my case it turned out to be the complete opposite... Let me explain.

So I detailed a co workers car, I picked it up on Saturday at work [because he’s part of the group that works Saturdays] and drove it home to detail it. As I was doing the usual putting away of phone chargers, cords, gum, etc. into the center console I noticed there was a wallet with so much cash that it was holding the wallet wide open, nothing but cash, my guess is there had to be a couple thousand bucks at least...

1 thing I’m good for is minding my business and respecting peoples things so even though pretty much everyone would’ve been stressed out once they remembered something like that was left in their car, rest assured I didn’t even touch it. Heck, I even made sure to put back the 2 quarters that were in the cup holder.

Both your post and the soda happened at the same time, that’s why I thought of it.
    Working on boats for most of life, and now in the car (dealer) game.... I have come across this situation SO many times. I have seen anything from $100 bills (many of them) to nickels and quarters in boats and cars. Never so much as even thought of taking any of it.

Bottom line is this: You are either an honest person, or a dirty sneak thief that will pilfer another persons property. There is no in-between.

My opinion on this is firm.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

I've had that happen to before. I was at a mansion and the guy had about 20k laying on the floor and another 10 stacks in the cup holder. When that happens I think the customer is testing your honesty.

14. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 167 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 671171571581591601611621631641651661671681691701711721731741751761772172676671167 ... LastLast