autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526661165161016 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @fly07sti. Awesome work, cars, and photos.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I know it’s probably a slim chance, but is that the original paint on that Porsche?
    No it’s not the original paint. He had it painted about 15 years ago. It’s a very nice car and he drives it a lot.

2. Likes SWETM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife's friend that comes over all the time has this car that bothered me that it looks so bad.

It was like an itch that had to be scratched.

So last week I finally told her that I'll detail her car (free), just drop it off in the AM and pick it up in the evening. So yesterday she drop it off. Here's a before pic.

I used the 3D AAT 505 on the car, wool pad on the headlights and hub cap. Inside was pretty dirty so I vaccumed and 303 the dash board.
    In all it took me from 10 AM til about 6 PM.

I forgot to take the after pic because I was in a hurry and go pick up my son from college but its looking spiffy now.

Wife's friend was very appreciative and happy. My itch has been scratched and I feel better now.

4. Likes SWETM, Eldorado2k, Diner, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    Wife's friend that comes over all the time has this car that bothered me that it looks so bad.

It was like an itch that had to be scratched.

So last week I finally told her that I'll detail her car (free), just drop it off in the AM and pick it up in the evening. So yesterday she drop it off. Here's a before pic.

I used the 3D AAT 505 on the car, wool pad on the headlights and hub cap. Inside was pretty dirty so I vaccumed and 303 the dash board.
    In all it took me from 10 AM til about 6 PM.

I forgot to take the after pic because I was in a hurry and go pick up my son from college but its looking spiffy now.

Wife's friend was very appreciative and happy. My itch has been scratched and I feel better now.
    Ha. I’ve got a sort of similar deal going on today.. Except it’s not an itch I have to scratch, more like a small favor for a good friend of mine and his wife. They just had a newborn baby last week, and my buddy asked me if I could hook up the interior of his wifes minivan real quik... Btw I just now put 2 and 2 together, it’s because of the baby! Lol.

Of course I’m gonna hook them up. I’m about to head out and do that now.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

6. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    This past Saturday I polished and coated this 78 911 SC

Then on Sunday I did a maintenance wash on this 2018 R8 that I coated last month and coated his Mercedes work van.

These guys are friends and the owner of the Audi came over to the Porsche owners house while I was there Saturday. Then on Sunday the Porsche owner came over to the Audi owners house. They are loving having there cars done. I’ve coated 4 vehicles for the Audi owner in the last 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Each one of these deserves their own show-n-shine with detailed write-up.

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree Paul. I’m just glad I stopped long enough to snap a few pictures. It’s very difficult and time consuming for me to do full on show and shines. With having a regular career and 2 young daughters, I’m happy to be able to detail as much as I have been this year.

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Each one of these deserves their own show-n-shine with detailed write-up.

Please excuse the typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing... But when I thought about the level of attention those particular vehicles must’ve demanded, along with the super condensed cliff notes style post he made about the whole process I immediately knew that we were lucky he even had the time and energy to post what he did. You know how it can be sometimes.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I totally agree Paul. I’m just glad I stopped long enough to snap a few pictures. It’s very difficult and time consuming for me to do full on show and shines. With having a regular career and 2 young daughters, I’m happy to be able to detail as much as I have been this year.
    Continued success bro. We appreciate you taking the time.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

12. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Mini van is clean. I asked his wife how extreme she wanted me to get with the “detail”. She said what do you mean? I said well how do you think it looks so far? She turned around and looked inside and said “holy chit”!

That’s when I knew I was more than ok with what I needed to do to it.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

14. Likes fly07sti, Klasse Act, SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I had the day off today and my buddy Hectour and I got new rims on his new ride, well it's not really new because he traded his 14' Mazda 3 in on a 2018 Toyota CH-R for his wife and he took her car, this 2008 Scion xB which has 132K on the clock.

For the wash I used a number of "new to my buddy" products. To start things off I used 303 Tire and Rubber cleaner on the tires, 2 scrubs and rinse with my trusty Mothers tire brush, works soooo good!

Once done with the tire cleaning it was time for the pre-wash and for this I reach for my trusty IK Foam 9 hand pump sprayer. It was pretty much filled with Griot's Garage Foaming Surface Wash, so I foamed it down and let it sit for about 10 minutes or so. I actually went around the car and used up the pressure left in the line and applied a tad more. A simple rinse with the Worx Hydroshot got me to the next step, a 2BM.

For the 2BM I used Duragloss #901 carwash soap, actually finished up that bottle, so one less soap bottle on the cluttered shelf. This product foams up GREAT and smells like cherries, really enjoy using this product, it's been a while. Btw my 2 buckets have those new grit guardz, I feel even better using them due to their superior design. Once I rinsed that down it was time for the "cherry ontop of the cake" for this wash process!

To finish things off i applied a coat of Griot's Garage Poly Gloss to the wet car. It was applied using the mini IK foamer which holds 35 ounces of product. I sprayed the entire car with it and let it sit. At this point the entire work area smelled like strawberries, such a joy to work with. Now I should mention I applied TAC system Water Glass to this car a couple monthes ago and it was holding up good on the side panels but not on the topsides, so this is why I decided to apply an extra layer of protection. Upon removal the beading was incredible, this stuff just flat out works, another winner by Griot's Garage, one of the best companies out there top to bottom, innovations have been coming on strong recently!

Now it was time to dry and at this point I was about to blow my buddy's mind with the drying towel, not your regular drying towel either. This is the Sucker from Luxury Microfiber which is Scott from Dallas Paint Correction and Luxury Microfiber. Scott did alot of research on these towels and it shows, seriously! The quality of these towels is top notch and the performance, well, I dried this Scion xB with ONE of them, keep in mind the beading was in the trillions due to applying the Griot's Garage Poly Gloss too. I threw the towel onto the roof and then dragged it over and it was dry, my buddy said "are you freaking kidding me!". Upon finishing the car had a glossy glow, looked dripping wet!

To finish things off I addressed the new wheels, wanted to protect them and for this I used the brand new 303 Touchless Sealant. Like other similar products you simply spray on a wet surface, wait 30 seconds and rinse off. Because it was 50 degrees today, outside and probably a little cooler down in the garage due to the door being open I sprayed all 4 wheels, faces and all and then rinsed them off. The beading right away was great, this product is going to be popular, so easy to use and really produces the results your looking for! I then turned to the tires, after I dried them I let them air dry and we moved the car into a dry parking spot so I could apply yet another new, exciting product to the tires. For this particular application I reached for Hydrosilex Slick. This product is a thicker, gray creme that spreads well and leaves the tires with a beautiful, rich look (seen here). For you smell people, its grape scented and I really, really like this product, it's the 3rd product I've used from this line over the past couple monthes, very impressed!

Btw the one close up of the tire and wheel was so you could see the new rims up close and the how the tire looked after cleaning and drying it, NO dressing applied in that pic

Thank you for looking and readingWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

16. Likes PaulMys, jmnral, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A moment of silence..

R.I.P Foam Gun (200x - 2018)

Thank you for all your hard work over the past decade.
    The way you help to encapsulate dirt & contamination in aiding to make my wash
    experience more safer and enjoyable is something that I will never forget...

18. Likes Finick, Klasse Act, PaulMys, SWETM, Misterpaul and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

So after the wife and daughter left I was bored and decided to wash the car. I noticed a layer of salt dust towards the bottom and it was stuck in my crawl. I hadn't used Eve's mans product in a while and reached for it just to foam the car. I poured 2 ounces in and topped off with 1.3 gallons of warm water and got after it. The foam produced was thick and plentiful, this made me very happy. I then foamed the wells and tires/wheels as well. Next was to rinse and dry with The Sucker and head upstairs to watch LIGA MX.....Cruz Azul just scored a GOOOOAL
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

20. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 16 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526661165161016 ... LastLast