autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    How bad was the paint from tunnel washing? LOVE that orange and that AM, well, SEXX on wheels, even in cliche' red!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They are nice looking cars!

Believe it or not the BMW was not terrible only going through tunnel washes. The hood, roof, trunk was the worst. The sides was not overly swirled out. The worst part was the back of the trunk where BMW badge and 228 badge was, the roller did a number on that. The one step took out 90 percent of the swirls. I was concerned I might have needed a real polish on the hood and trunk but blended in nicely!

The worse was the Aston Martin. Up to 2 years ago the two previous owners looked like only tunnel washed that car too! New owner got it 2 years ago and hand washed it or did touch less washes which now just has me wash it thankfully! That car had deep swirls in it. That was a hard car to correct. Unfortunately in the right sun angles can still see a few swirls on the back of the trunk and the first part of the hood where the roller hits. Average person never notices it, only people like us doing detailing! I feel it is good enough as do not want to over cut the poor guys paint.

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

I spent a wonderful day with my lovely wife in the garage. Pulled down the shelves at the back of the garage and installed these free for the hauling medical file cabinets. Inside is bunches of detailing chemicals and MF towels in sealed containers. Where the leaf blower was hanging is now occupied by the detergent cabinet from our laundry room.

My old Aiwa boom box is still pumping out the tunes. That things got the be close to 25 years old. It has dual cassettes and a five CD changer plus AM & FM radio.

Before dinner I got three wheels into cleaning her Beast when it started thundering. After the storm passed I continued with the last wheel. Next I foamed the Beast using Griots Foaming Surface Wash letting it dwell several minutes then rinsed. I washed the Beast using several MF towels in a bucket followed by a rinse then used Bead Maker as a drying aid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

When getting off of work this afternoon I noticed what I would call a light amount of dust/pollen on the car, seed planted right then and there...after the Bruins vs. Leafs game I'm washing the car!

I had enough Griot's Garage foaming surface wash left over in my IK Foam 9 so I used that. I simply foamed the car, let it dwell and rinsed off with the Worx hydroshot and dried with the Sucker, simpleWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? Dried the jams and with a separate mf towel I dried the tires and wheels.

Funny story here, while working on my car I was talking to my buddy Hectour, he works opposite shift of me and we talk shop (cars...and other things) every night and tonight was a classic. I brought up how ridiculous the Mclaren Senna looks, it's absolutely ghastlyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? No I can't afford one, obviously but my God is that car F U G L Y! I know everything is done with track use in mind but let's be serious here, .000000001% will see the track and .0000002% will see the street and 99.999999% will be parked somewhere and hopefully with a heavy tarp thrown over it...did I mention how ugly this car is, EEEEEEK!

OK, enough of that, time for bed...1-0 VGK over SJ right nowWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Finished polishing up the door jambs of the Jeep. Put the Rupes iBrid to work on this task the other day and it came through with flying colors. Small yellow pad with some Sonax Paint cleaner and the door jambs shine like the outside.

Now the task of cleaning under the hood. That project should make for some great before and after shots.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No great pictures as the clouds were getting very dark and looked like it was about to storm

Rinseless washed with N 914. Decontaminated with Iron X followed up with the Nanoskin sponge and Glide as a clay lube. IPA wipe them had lunch

Gave it a quick one step with Menzerna 3500 using the Harbor Freight DA and a Lake Country lcs green polishing pad. After polishing wiped down with Gyeon Prep. Sealed with IGL Premier which I had picked up about a month ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did a quick ONR wash. Used the BRS. Didn’t notice any marring. Maybe I’m getting better with it, maybe I was just overthinking it when I first got the sponge, but I’ve enjoyed using it lately.

No presoak, just sponged it straight from the bucket and dried it off. Total time was 13 minutes when I finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes The Guz, PaulMys, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The BRS scares the $h•+ out of me...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

WhyWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Came out of the office and noticed it had drizzled on my pollen dust covered car.

Hmmmmmmm?

Go bass fishing or rinseless wash the SS???

Hmmmmmmm???

I caught 14!
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

It’s really not that bad. I used to use grout sponges with ONR a long time ago, and had no issues with those either.

I think if you have a habit of pre rinsing before you do a rinseless, there really wouldn’t be anything to worry about.

That being said, I did just clean a butt ton of pollen off my car without inducing any marring I could see.

My only real complaint about the sponge is that it doesn’t really fit under my door handles very well, which leads me to kind of push it up in there which I don’t like. But other than that it’s grown on me. It seriously releases dirt like nothing else.

It’s really nice to not have a whole bunch of wet towels after I’m done. All I needed was one waffle weave and that blue creature edgeless, which I started going behind the waffle weave with after about 70% of the car had been washed, to dry and that was it.

Page 154 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 541041441451461471481491501511521531541551561571581591601611621631642042546541154 ... LastLast