autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Today’s forecast.......foam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

2. Likes SWETM, Misterpaul, Maxreed241, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Washed the work truck. Paint is bad. Frustrating bad. Pressure wash rinsed. Foamed with griots foam surface wash. 2bm with foam surface wash. Wheels and tires D143. Dry with pfm. Tires 2 coats McKees sio2 tire shine. Wheels Meg’s UFF. Paint Meg’s UFF. Trim got WETS. Vacuumed interior and wiped down with 303 aerospace protectant. Floor mats with D101 and dried. Then threw some Meg’s UPW on over the uff. Had to toss wax as wind blew as I was finishing and got sand in the can. Didn’t want to risk it. Least I’d used half the tin. Should be good for a few months. Attachment 66262Attachment 66263Attachment 66264

Have they a description of use the foaming surface wash as a car soap? IIRC when someone from GG did a video about it they said you would not use it as a car soap. If needed to be washed after the foaming surface wash they said you would be useing a regualar car soap. Just wondering as it's more of a dedicated prewash foam and could be without the lubrication a car soap has and needs. Some dedicated prewash foam you can use as a regualar car soap too. It's just an if it's not recommended to use as a bucket wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting somewhat decent here in PA. Normal wash on the ZR2. Got to use my normal products on the interior. And treated all the door weather stripping. Cleaned and dressed the engine. Moved all my products to the garage. Non related, freed a stuck hatch on her 12 Escape. Going to need a new actuator in the future. For now, sprayed the unit and connectors with silicon. Working for now. Really dumb design. Should have made it keyed entry.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Have they a description of use the foaming surface wash as a car soap? IIRC when someone from GG did a video about it they said you would not use it as a car soap. If needed to be washed after the foaming surface wash they said you would be useing a regualar car soap. Just wondering as it's more of a dedicated prewash foam and could be without the lubrication a car soap has and needs. Some dedicated prewash foam you can use as a regualar car soap too. It's just an if it's not recommended to use as a bucket wash.
    Felt pretty slick to me. I even foam it in and pressure rinsed and it just doesn’t clean like they say it does. Hence why I wanted the surface prep. I got Polly gloss but it surface wash doesn’t clean a dirty surface then I don’t see it working well unless it’s super clean. Hence the surface prep, surface wash, poly gloss.

6. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

When the sun hits it just right, I can see scratches and streaks from the hack job the body shop did a year ago. I tried to correct it a few times but I guess my technique, products and pads were not the right combination. This time I used LC yellow pads with HD Cut on my Griots GG6. The scratches are gone and now I have to move on to the rest of the truck.

I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

8. Likes SWETM, Diner, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet another nice day, so hit the exterior trim with McKess trim restorer. A job no one likes, and I was not looking forward to it. But it went ok. Trying to break this down over days so last thing I have to do is pick a LSP and coat the wheels. Time to do the trim is when it is new!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

10. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally got around to some coating today...not the paint but rather the exterior glass and rims. I started with a single coat of Sonax Rim Shield, big fan of this product! I then cleaned my windows and grabbed the TAC system Rain Coat. This product is said to last 6-9 monthes and I believe on my car I should be able to get a SOLID 6 monthes due to keeping it clean and garaged. I've used this kit in the past on the Abarth with great success so I expect the same here. We've got some heavy storms coming in later this week so I thought this would be a good time to get after it. To finish up I applied a 2nd coat of Sonax Rim Shield and now the car sits till tomorrow, thanks for looking.

Oh btw, here's the engine bay cleaned and dressed from yesterday too!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes SNP209, Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rim shield is okay. Helps wheels clean up a bit easier but it lacks a true coatings ability to keep them clean.

Try a true coating. You'll love it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Likes The Guz, Misterpaul, Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Did an ONR wash today and then went around the car applying D156 just for fun while I listened to a podcast. I also tried out a new to me product, 303 tire and rubber cleaner.

Didn’t get any pictures of the product working, but it did a good job. Left the tires looking pretty good. Much better than d143, super clean, or power clean ever leaves them. Could be placebo, but I also think they look better than they normally do after applying VRP 1:1 with a flagged tip wheel brush.

When I eventually thin down my products I may invest in a gallon of dedicated rubber cleaner from someone, since 303 doesn’t offer theirs in a gallon that I know of. I don’t know that I’d want to leave them undressed, like I thought I might want to after using a product like this. It’s a toss up, really. If I can get a tire coating in working order, probably not. But if I decide to give up that pursuit, I may be okay with leaving them naked What did you do today, in regards to detailing?.

Some random thoughts I’ve had recently while washing/driving the vehicle less since I’ve gotten a company vehicle I daily drive: I want to tint my windows, replace the steering wheel with a new one, and I’d kind of like to get matte black vinyl put over the chrome garbage around the windows (it’s ugly, dawg.)

What I wonder is if it’s worth it. I know the enjoyment I’d get out of it isn’t easily quantified, but I just wonder if it makes sense to dump whatever that would cost. It’s a 2012, just shy of 80k miles. Clearly not worth a whole lot. Maybe 6-8k, but I haven’t really looked in to how much it’s worth. That’s just a number I have in my head looking at comparable listings on random car sale websites.

16. Likes PaulMys, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Rim shield is okay. Helps wheels clean up a bit easier but it lacks a true coatings ability to keep them clean.

Try a true coating. You'll love it.
    I’m looking forward to seeing the performance of GTechniq C5 Wheel Armor on the SS’ summer set up.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

18. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 142 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 42921321331341351361371381391401411421431441451461471481491501511521922426421142 ... LastLast