autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Finally got to my wife’s car. Been promising before I go back to work, and now it’s done. White has no wow factor, but she was pleased. It didn’t look this good when she picked it up new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Decided to take 1/2 a day off work tomorrow...

Gonna be somewhat warm. The husband is away for work right now and has a car show this weekend so I'm going to clean up the Alfa for him
    You go Monica!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Cold as a witches t!t here, still.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Took car in for warranty work. Spend all evening trying to get these off. “Hey make sure you don’t wash the car”

Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Canceled an order with another outfit. Told em not to try and kiss rear and make it better. Will not be doing business with them again. If the stuff I want was sold here that would make it a lot easier. Or if griots could figure out how to make a bottle hold up to their hellish surface prep. I mean if it eats the bottle what’s it doing to the rubber parts and trim on vehicles. Not sure I care to try it now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Took car in for warranty work. Spend all evening trying to get these off. “Hey make sure you don’t wash the car”
    you have to make yourself some placards that you hang and tape to the car. My car is in for routine stuff and they know me as I'm the guy with the perfect black car that has two 4x6 placards, one taped to the dash next to the start button and the other taped to the driver side rear door window. Can't miss either.

I used to use one that hangs from the mirror but believe it or not, a customer of mine said they had it up and when returning they found it on the floor and the car washed regardless. So taping them and putting them in their face so to speak, it works.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    My wheels bead because I apply the spray on, rinse off sealants about every 4-6 weeks, I have no reason to lie...or anyone else for that matterWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I wasn’t trying to say you’re lying at all. I’m just saying that when it comes to beading on wheels it’s kind of hard to tell whether they’re beading because of product or just behaving as they normally do.

This next comment describes it perfectly and is pretty much what I’ve always thought in regards to beading on wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I’ve tried McKee’s and hydro 2lite. Can’t say that I get much beading as most of the water runs off. I don’t know if it’s beading or sheeting but their definitely some hydrophobic protection. I get about 3-4 weeks in NW winter conditions.

IMO wheels always bead to some degree but I’ve never been overly impressed by the beading that’s able to be achieved on them because the water usually runs of them even without protection.

I’ve recently tried using Sonax Spray & Seal on the vehicles here at home and I saw no visible benefits from doing so, the wheels didn’t remain any cleaner and as a matter of fact I think they actually became dirtier faster. Ease of cleaning is irrelevant because I use a wheel cleaner regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I have been using PBL Wheel on mine for 3 years, and in that 3 years I have only used wheel cleaner at the most 5-6 times, and thats when I am going to reapply the coating. Most of the time just spray the wheels with the PW and wipe them with a RW, or if its been a minute soap and brushes, thats it. I will always have something on the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    you have to make yourself some placards that you hang and tape to the car. My car is in for routine stuff and they know me as I'm the guy with the perfect black car that has two 4x6 placards, one taped to the dash next to the start button and the other taped to the driver side rear door window. Can't miss either.

I used to use one that hangs from the mirror but believe it or not, a customer of mine said they had it up and when returning they found it on the floor and the car washed regardless. So taping them and putting them in their face so to speak, it works.
    No I get it and usually hang one tape one to steering wheel. I’ll be correctin soon so thought a couple of towel marks, no big deal. Who the f*#k doesn’t at least dry a car. Never had a dealership do that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

No I get it and usually hang one tape one to steering wheel. I’ll be correctin soon so thought a couple of towel marks, no big deal. Who the f*#k doesn’t at least dry a car. Never had a dealership do that

11. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 139 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 39891291301311321331341351361371381391401411421431441451461471481491892396391139 ... LastLast