autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I'd try a test spot first.

If on a clean surface, I'm sure the Speed would work fine in the lower temps (though not ideal).

And I would also think the removal would be compromised somewhat in the lower temps. But this is only me speculating. (I love Speed, and have used it often).
    Thanks Paul. I’m hoping it works out well and that I don’t wind up regretting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    Thanks Paul. I’m hoping it works out well and that I don’t wind up regretting it.

I don't think there will be any regret.

Like I said, turn the truck into the sun, and do one test spot. If unpleasant results are found, stop and have a beer. Lol

Not sure where you are exactly, but the cold temps are a real bummer for us Geeks, and I know what you are feeling.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I don't think there will be any regret.

Like I said, turn the truck into the sun, and do one test spot. If unpleasant results are found, stop and have a beer. Lol

Not sure where you are exactly, but the cold temps are a real bummer for us Geeks, and I know what you are feeling.......
    LOL! You speak the truth! I’m in central NJ.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    So what did you do for the Rav4?What did you do today, in regards to detailing? lol. I hope got the same luv. What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Got a rinseless a few days ago. That ain’t my baby tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    Not long i.m.o, I was very underwhelmed if you get the itch and wanna try it let me know I'll send you a sample

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thanks for the reply and even greater thanks for the offer.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

I tried something unconventional today... According to Sweet Project Cars, Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish can be used on clear plastic such as gauge clusters or instrument panels. I went ahead and gave it a try on my old Cadillacs gauge cluster since I’m going to be selling the car soon and whaddya know... It actually works. It works phenomenal. It worked so good that I went ahead and tried it on my newer Cadillacs instrument panel and it removed the light scratches and left it perfect.
    Everything we know is a lie.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.

7. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I tried something unconventional today... According to Sweet Project Cars, Mothers Mag and Aluminum Polish can be used on clear plastic such as gauge clusters or instrument panels. I went ahead and gave it a try on my old Cadillacs gauge cluster since I’m going to be selling the car soon and whaddya know... It actually works. It works phenomenal. It worked so good that I went ahead and tried it on my newer Cadillacs instrument panel and it removed the light scratches and left it perfect.
    Everything we know is a lie.What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?lol.
    I tested a metall polish and finished with the Mothers Billet on some nasty headlights. And did it in the early summer I think and looked them out last week. What do you it has holding up awesome. It's outside 24/7 and it's faced at the east so not much direct sunlight on them though. But think it's impresive it don't has been oxidized again over more than 6 months since done.

Awesome that it work on the gauges. That is some sensitive plastic and often not much to do with them when they have been scratched up. Are the Cadillacs gauges known to be extreme sensitive of scratching them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    My God ppl y'all be writing textbooks and textbooks when responding lol. J/K

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    LOL that's why I'm on forums and not Facebook or Twitter LOL. So I can write my long textbooks
    Have always been hard for me to answer or ask questions in short text. But with social media today it's almost necessary to do so. Just feel like much is left out and it's very easy to missunderstanding. Even this got got long winded LOL

Should have just answered "Yes" or "Y" or with a cool meme LOL j/k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you think it would work on piano black plastic? Gotta got that rear deck lid and seems to be an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I tested a metall polish and finished with the Mothers Billet on some nasty headlights. And did it in the early summer I think and looked them out last week. What do you it has holding up awesome. It's outside 24/7 and it's faced at the east so not much direct sunlight on them though. But think it's impresive it don't has been oxidized again over more than 6 months since done.

Awesome that it work on the gauges. That is some sensitive plastic and often not much to do with them when they have been scratched up. Are the Cadillacs gauges known to be extreme sensitive of scratching them?
    I wouldn’t say the gauges on Cadillacs are sensitive, no. BTW it even worked on the stereo display plastic. [not infotainment screen]

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Do you think it would work on piano black plastic? Gotta got that rear deck lid and seems to be an issue.

I think it would, but if you do test spot 1st.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 106 of 1203 FirstFirst ... 656969798991001011021031041051061071081091101111121131141151161562066061106 ... LastLast