autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Put in new silicone hoses for a splash of color and enhanced engine sound.

2. Likes Breese147, Klasse Act, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Subtle difference between the too Lol. No man is that organize with outside gardening but we are organized with automotive projectsWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You outta see me sweep.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Cleanest gutter on the whole block! Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

70* here today, washed the truck and hit it with a lil four Star spray wax. Nice to get outside without it raining.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

5. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You outta see me sweep.What did you do today, in regards to detailing? Cleanest gutter on the whole block! Lol.
    See Everytime you get your man card back you go and pull these type of things lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hit 60 today, so good wash/interior detail. Finished with Extender spray wax.

2018 Colorado ZR2

8. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    Son came home from college for a week with his girlfriend. I detailed son's girlfriend car yesterday.
    Paint was in bad shape, probably never seen sealant or wax like ever.

- Corrected with 3D One
    - Waxed with Fusso Coat
    - Detailed dashboard and seats with 303's
    - Coated windshield with Glaco
    - Dressed the tires with Black Magic Tire Wet Spray

Took me a few hours yesterday and last night.

I told son to call me when pulling car out of garage.
    But Nooo, he did it himself and scratched the right front corner against garage door as they were pulling out. SMH, Oh well.

Damn you must have been really bored lolWhat did you do today, in regards to detailing? hopefully she’s a keeper in your books!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

10. Likes Oz_TCH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washed my work truck and wifes Armada. Used IK foam9 with leftover honeydew and added griots foam surface wash. Used foam surface wash in the bucket as well. Foamed, rinsed, not much difference, then 2bm both. Cleaned wheels and tires. Tires not so much but enough to look better. Hit both of em with hydro blue and used up my 16oz bottle. I like it better than wetcoat. Dried both using pfms. Going to do engine bay on wifes before it goes in for a service. Hopefully vacuum mine out tomorrow and wipe down inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    Washed my work truck and wifes Armada. Used IK foam9 with leftover honeydew and added griots foam surface wash. Used foam surface wash in the bucket as well. Foamed, rinsed, not much difference, then 2bm both. Cleaned wheels and tires. Tires not so much but enough to look better. Hit both of em with hydro blue and used up my 16oz bottle. I like it better than wetcoat. Dried both using pfms. Going to do engine bay on wifes before it goes in for a service. Hopefully vacuum mine out tomorrow and wipe down inside.

Your saying the mix in the IK Foam 9 did nothing at all?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Your saying the mix in the IK Foam 9 did nothing at all?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That would be correct. The griots foam surface wash and honeydew mixture didn’t do much. It got the surface wet and a very minimal amount of dirt and salt released. I had to 2bm 2 times. Guess I should drug out the pressure washer but it’s already a pita due to having to wash in the paved alley so I don’t have a pond in my driveway.

Some poor engineering went on when my house got built. If I’m in the alley it is ever so slightly slopes to the center and the drains downhill. But with snow melting and slush everywhere I was trying to hustle so the neighbors would quit splashing slop all over the car.

I’m waiting for the foam surface prep. I’d get a gallon but I already have 3 gallons worth of soap to use up. Might have to add apc or degreaser if it gets like that again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    That would be correct. The griots foam surface wash and honeydew mixture didn’t do much. It got the surface wet and a very minimal amount of dirt and salt released. I had to 2bm 2 times. Guess I should drug out the pressure washer but it’s already a pita due to having to wash in the paved alley so I don’t have a pond in my driveway.

Some poor engineering went on when my house got built. If I’m in the alley it is ever so slightly slopes to the center and the drains downhill. But with snow melting and slush everywhere I was trying to hustle so the neighbors would quit splashing slop all over the car.

I’m waiting for the foam surface prep. I’d get a gallon but I already have 3 gallons worth of soap to use up. Might have to add apc or degreaser if it gets like that again.

IIRC the foaming surface wash was not made for touching wash as a car soap. So just a heads up it can be low lubricated and don't work as intended that way. And IME it's the help of the water pressure that really does the cleaning ability. Even the strongest degreasers or TFR prewash foams does not show so much of cleaning if just rinsed off as you do with a car soap after the wash. But when compare with the use of them and nothing used and you use the water pressure from the PW to clean with and thoroughly go over it with the nozzle spread width of the water pressure. I see a benefit to the cleaning ability. And mostly it shows in the rinse bucket after a wash on how much cleaner it is. But also noticeble on the white car I maintain when I have tested if the foaming is a benefit. And I like the paint as clean as possible before touching it and that's what I get with prewash products I use. Also remember that some chemicals maybe don't mix well together and loose the effectiveness. As they can be useing different kind of surfactans that desolve the grime and contaminants. And if you are unlucky the 2 products mixed can actually clean them off so they don't get to desolve the grime and contaminants you expected them to be doing.

15. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
Page 104 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 4549495969798991001011021031041051061071081091101111121131141542046041104 ... LastLast