autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    FYI the website for the rebate that's listed on the back doesn't work( at least when I bought it) I found the working website address on the mol forum.....just got my $5 a few days ago

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I’ll keep my eyes on my email for the next week. If nothing shows, my past experience with Meguiar’s customer service tells me they’ll get it settled. I did follow that link just now and it looks like where I went this afternoon. Thank you for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I was in Menards last week and couldn't find any deals on a 5000k shop light. All or most of them are 4000k.

I opted for Amazon >8, 4ft single daisy chain 6500k for $55.00 for my shadow corners.

Walmart on the other hand has a 5000 lumen, 5000k shop light for 21 that I almost pulled the trigger on yesterday.
    When I am done I should be around 100,000 lumens give or take 10,000
    That will be like staring at the sun! The ones I have are Smart Electrician 45” 5000 lumen. They were not with the rest of the LED shop lights but we’re by the Bluetooth speakers and other assorted electronics. Gotta love Menard’s! You are correct too as all the other LED lights I could find were 3000, 3200, 3500 or 4000 lumen. Let us know how the Amazon lights work for you please.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

2. Likes spazzz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spazzz View Post
    I was in Menards last week and couldn't find any deals on a 5000k shop light. All or most of them are 4000k.

I opted for Amazon >8, 4ft single daisy chain 6500k for $55.00 for my shadow corners.

Walmart on the other hand has a 5000 lumen, 5000k shop light for 21 that I almost pulled the trigger on yesterday.
    When I am done I should be around 100,000 lumen give or take 10,000
    Sounds quite similar to my setup except for a single car garage. I have 4 72 watt 5k 7100 lumen lights on the side walls and 1 100 watt led 10,000 lumen on each end along with 2 100 watt equivalent 5k led's in my garage door opener. Also not shown is a standard led shop light over the bench but is the only 4k light in the garage.

4. Likes spazzz, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ancient 1, is that 10,000 above your garage door from Menards? Smart electrician?
    I was playing around with it in Sun Prairie last weekend.
    That was the spot I was thinking.
    I ended up snagging 2, 5000 lumen for side duty. Now I have 3 a side.
    I forgot to say the Amazon strips are only 2200 lumens each but they will fill in some blanks.
    I will let you know MrPaul

Post Thanks / Like

It's a Hyperikon LED Flood Light,100w that was a gold box deal on amazon, I could only get one on sale so got my brother to order the 2nd. All the main lights are Hyperikon LED.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Came up to the Oakland Hills to coat the wheels and tires on my boy’s GTR. Got everything cleaned and prepped and as I’m finish the coating on the tires, un forecasted rain comes through. Wheels will get coated whenever the rain goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would advise your friend to get new tires at least the front tires in the first pictures. If you look closely you see the manufactured date is week 22 in year 2010. Rubber gets old and degrade natuarally even how well you take care of them. Around 7 years old is the upper limit on what is advised to have. And even more important if he drive the car hard and track it. It's a safety and also haveing better handling with fresh tires.

Just a heads up and a thing to watch out for at least. Ask him to test them out where it's save to drive a little harder and cornering it and break hard to see if they have started to loose their effectiveness.

The tires looks great though.

/ Tony

8. Likes fly07sti, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I buffed my 1st car with that polisher. Lost my V card with it.
    What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

About 2.5 hrs to go till the FNW goes down!

On the menu tonight is a Griot's Garage foaming surface wash, followed by a Mother's Triple foam wash 2BM. I will say that 2 oz of that new Mother's Triple wash was too much for my IK Foam 9, clogged it up and that's not a knock on the product but rather a PSA for those looking to try it in theirs, DO NOT go 2 oz, go with 1 oz, its what I'm going to try next time around. I expect a good wash from it in the 2BM though for sure! Its been a cold work week and it "appears" that the weather is trending up, upper 50's almost 60 next weekend...PLEASE, bring it!!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got to wash my beater HHR and my wife's G8. It had been since January for the HHR and last month for the G8. All this rain and cold,and especially on the weekends, has really hampered pretty much everything I've tried to do for the last several months. Unreal.

I used DG rinseless for the wash topped by the rinseless mixed as a detail spray. Just a quick job on both of them since it is supposed to rain and storm again late tonight and early on Saturday. Couldn't stand it any longer,and it was actually nice and warm for a change albeit overcast.

I need to do some yard work such as picking up some limbs and blowing some leaves etc,but I'm going to do something I like to do on the first nice day off in a LONG time.

13. Likes VISITOR, SWETM, Diner, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterless washed the Jeep and used Beadmaker as a drying aid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

15. Likes Breese147, Misterpaul, SWETM, jmnral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Washed a VW Jetta and cleaned and dressed the floor mats. Rain all week here in Germany so did the wash for free and used my new bottle of Elixir for the first time. Slightly impressed but was expecting better. It may have been that I applied it in 40 degree weather while it was slightly misting. But hey it should rain again tonight so hopefully I’ll see better water behavior then.Attachment 66058 Attachment 66060

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

17. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 101 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 519192939495969798991001011021031041051061071081091101111512016011101 ... LastLast