autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 1191 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920601105101010 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Did 2 winter wheels ready today for winter. They are in bad shape and has clearcoat failure where some baked on brake dust I didn't get off. So the plan was to get them as clean as I could and some protection on them.

Started with a cold degreaser that we call them. It's mostly to desolve tar but has some other chemicals in it too. Sprayed it on both the tire and rim. Let it dwell and then brushed and rinsed off with the PW. This is to get the iron remover more effective which was the next step. Also use the leafblower to blow off the water after the PW rinse. This is also to get the products to be more effective and not being diluted. Then sprayed on an acid wheel cleaner. This is to remove the yellowing that you get on neglected winter wheels. And then Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus to get off the imbedded iron particals. They where sitting strong on this wheels so added the new Sonax Rust Remover over it for a longer dwell time and a more strength in the bleeding iron remover. The brake dust build up on the inside spokes is bad. And think it's the clearcoat there that has failed and makes it almost impossible to remove. Where doing several application on one wheel to make it to desolve and used a very strong tar remover to desolve any tar and rubber that could sit in the brake dust. The work was to much and since they are in such bad condition I decided to only do one round of the different chemicals and let it be. Was thinking of protect them with Polish Angel Supersport Wheel Coating. But I save that for the summer wheels when the winter is over. So why not test Sonax Spray and Seal which I have not used yet. Have used Gyeon Wet Coat on the wheels for a year now. And has been satisfied with it. But the Sonax Spray and Seal looks very good when applyied. And for know it's only based on the water behavior. Seems to sheet the water off better than the Wet Coat. Did not take pictures of all steps as it's messy and did not want to get on my mobile phone. It had be a lot of nitrile gloves used if I had done that LOL. Will do the other 2 winter wheels tomorrow and will see if I can take more pictures Here are some pictures.

Degreaser sprayed on and dwelling.

Brushed and PW rinsed.

The other wheel before anything done to it. And I spray the cold degreaser on them without prerinse them.

After dwelling I brush them. Really like the Tuf Shine tire brush to clean the tires with. Before rinsing the cold degreaser off.

Sonax Spray and Seal applied and dried with the leafblower.

/Tony

Post Thanks / Like

No pictures but I was able to get some swirls out of the corner of the hood on my car. I usually have an issue correcting on my paint since it's so hard but I used Meguiars D166 and a GG 6.5" orange foam pad and my HF DA on speed 5 and got great results after 2 quick passes. I think I like D166 better than HD Speed. It finishes so clean and is ridiculously easy for wipe off.

4. Likes Diner, minerigger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing? What did you do today, in regards to detailing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes SWETM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Harley fairing was covered in bugs and I had just received a shipment from Autogeek which contained some CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer. I just used some Poorboy's Bug Squash and followed up with some McKee's 37 N-914 final wipe. Then I proceeded to use my 3" Rupes Mini with a Rupes Yellow pad with the CarPro Essence followed up by a spritz of CarPro Reload.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

8. Likes PaulMys, SWETM, Eldorado2k, Diner, ClearVue18 and 2 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a light interior cleanup on this 16 tundra. Then spot buffed with D300 on orange lc pads the bad scratches. Then hdspeed with boss 21 and swirl killer mini. Left the hd on as I went around. Wiped down and then hit everything with megs UFF. I didn't make near enough for what I did and this thing is rough for 2yr old truck. But always gotta help out friends.Attachment 65234Attachment 65235Attachment 65236Attachment 65237Attachment 65238

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Likes Diner, SWETM, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually yesterday, but did a Blackfire waterless wash on my car and applied some UFF on my wheels and the painted surfaces under the hood to see how that works out for the winter. Also included a night shot of my hood since I did some correction with D166 the other day due to some random light swirls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Subaru Impreza Hatch - Crystal Black Silica
    2019 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion - Pure White

12. Likes Diner, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckees 37 N914 with Beadmaker as a drying aid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I worked on my first Viper about a week ago. It was a one-step and EXO. Last weekend I put EXO on my detailing wok van's roof and hood just for fun. Next I'll put GTechniq's glass coating on the windshield. I'm still working on designing the exterior wrap for the van.

15. Likes fly07sti, Diner, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally had a moment to wash my car- it has been 3 months since the last time I had been able to do so! Just wish it was under better circumstances! Long story short: my exhaust broke off and under further investigation was not reusable- so I had to fabricate a new one out of various bent exhausts we had replaced at the bodyshop I manage- so since I had it in the shop I washed it when I was done! It also gave me chance to give the protection a boost before winter arrives!

-Presoaked with Stoner's Visible Shine Coating Wash with an Autogeek Foam Gun
    -Rinsed
    -washed with McKee's 37 Si02 Autowash and McKee's Microfiber Wash Mitts
    -Rinsed
    -McKee's 37 Hydro Blue
    -dried with Cobra Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel and Optimum Car Wax as a drying aid/LSP

Attachment 65245

Attachment 65246

Attachment 65247

Attachment 65248

Notes: The steel wheels are my winter wheels- they are painted BBS Gold. The exhaust I fabricated is comprised of bits from Audi Q5's and Q7's (very common for the exhausts to bend in a rear end hit on these vehicles)- all stainless steel components!, and the tips are off of a 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS- they are the optional black anodized tips.

17. Likes Diner, Eldorado2k, SWETM liked this post
Page 10 of 1191 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920601105101010 ... LastLast