autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

What’s everyone using for tires. I’ve been using sonax And gyeon I prefer the sonax has better look. Shoot me a recommendation for a product maybe rate durability 1 low - 5 highest and shine 1 low -5 highest. I’m jones to try a new one because all my cars are coated (paint) and I’m trying not to top them and just wash em.
    Last edited by Mgavin1985; 10-15-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I failed 5th grade

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.

Why not try a tire coating if you want something that doesn’t require frequent maintenance?
    I use CarPro PERL and I reapply every wash so as long as it’s great for a week I’m happy and it easily does that.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes The Guz, firecorgi, Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees 37 Gloss tire gel...gives me about 2 weeks.

Control the shine easily by varying number of coats

Post Thanks / Like

I daresay armor all spray on, goes on like a water based (Im assuming it is) intense shine for first day then fades to a nice black for about a week. Not the most durable but its like $5 for 30oz and locally available. I've been quite pleased so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuff Shine
    - Durability/Longevity = 5
    - Shine = 2/3 depending on coats (and tire composition it seems)

Not a fan of shiny tires, prefer clean look. Initial prep/application can be kinda arduous, especially if you've been previously laying on the tire dressings but once done, easy to keep up going forward. In NE Ohio, after initial application just give the tires a scrub in Spring, apply a coat or two and then no worries until next Spring. Tires start getting a little weak by winter but at that point, who cares...ride it thru winter, scrub/re-apply in Spring. Soap/water clean during washes. Been doing this since summer 2016 and tires always look fresh/clean.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using the Armor All spray for convenience and you can hit the wheel wells too. But I still have some PERL, so I’m going to try that in a 1:1 mix next time.

Mike Phillips

I'll chime in....

IF --> IF the tires have NEVER had a tire dressing, spray or gel applied to them and IF it's a cool tire to start with, I like how the Tuf Shine Tire Coating looks and how long it lasts.

Here's the link to my recent review of the product and I just updated with some fresh pictures....

Review: TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat by Mike Phillips

Also shared the updated pictures on my FB page last night - never surprised by the comments people feel so passionately about posting.

I prefer to machine scrub the tires to prep them for the coating. Been trying to get Yancy to clear his schedule to make a video on how I prep and then apply Tuf Shine but he's always so busy. Next time I have the right tires I'll just do it with my cell phone.

10. Likes firecorgi, 215Detailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Duragloss 253. It worked pretty well on most tires, was easy to apply, and would last two or three weeks. The amount of shine could be adjusted by how many coats of the product you applied.

I'm using Optimum Tire Gel right now and not a fan. It looks OK when applied, but duribility is very short. If you apply it even slightly too heavy, it can get shiny pretty quickly. When I run out of the Optimum, I'm going to give PERL a try based on all the great reviews.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your tire shine/gel/coating recommended product.-0529180921-00-jpg

Duragloss #253 as well. Love the look. Lasts thru a few rains/car washes. And finally a tire product that DOES NOT SLING!! I am interested in the new Mc Kess 37 SiO2 Tire shine.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I really liked Duragloss 253. It worked pretty well on most tires, was easy to apply, and would last two or three weeks. The amount of shine could be adjusted by how many coats of the product you applied.

I'm using Optimum Tire Gel right now and not a fan. It looks OK when applied, but duribility is very short. If you apply it even slightly too heavy, it can get shiny pretty quickly. When I run out of the Optimum, I'm going to give PERL a try based on all the great reviews.
    Perl is nice. It will last about as long as Optimum but to me Perl just looks better.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast