autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes uhs pad problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish Auto View Post
    I’m positive it’s just a bad batch they have ran. I will be placing a new order soon. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem with them before I placed my order.
    Are you going to let them know?

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed them awhile back about the the old microfiber pads. Nothing ever came from it. I don’t recall getting a response about it from them. I’ll try to message them again about the UHS pads and see if anything is done. I love their pads and I believe in their system in most cases. But it’s frustrating when you spend hundreds of dollars on pads and they are defective.

If the roles were reversed. I would hope one of my customers would give me the opportunity to correct my mistake. Instead of going else where.

Post Thanks / Like

Grit guard pad washer or a orange pad cleaning brush. I can’t remember the brand off the top of my head.
    Both of those methods have the possibility of being very aggressive while cleaning that particular style of foam.

That coupled with the "sticky", and stubborn consistency of the polish can lead to hastened wear from trying to get them perfectly clean.

I've killed a few pads early on with that pad conditioning brush by trying to get them really clean, when I only needed to "knock" the gunk off.

I clean UHS pads by hand, and find the polish resistant to any cleaner I have on hand.

My experience using grit guards to aide in cleaning pads has me coming away feeling that while they work great for traditional foam, wool and microfiber pads, I would probably not want to use it to clean blue, green, or grey Rupes pads. The unique consistency and cell structure of these pads makes them more sensitive in their use and care.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Both of those methods have the possibility of being very aggressive while cleaning that particular style of foam.

That coupled with the "sticky", and stubborn consistency of the polish can lead to hastened wear from trying to get them perfectly clean.

I've killed a few pads early on with that pad conditioning brush by trying to get them really clean, when I only needed to "knock" the gunk off.

I clean UHS pads by hand, and find the polish resistant to any cleaner I have on hand.

My experience using grit guards to aide in cleaning pads has me coming away feeling that while they work great for traditional foam, wool and microfiber pads, I would probably not want to use it to clean blue, green, or grey Rupes pads. The unique consistency and cell structure of these pads makes them more sensitive in their use and care.
    I know what you mean. The polish is like concrete in those pads. I’ve tried about everything from their pad brush to a Tornador. I know the blue and green pads are notorious for breaking down quicker. But the UHS pads I have is something different. I’m not having a problem with the smaller sizes of the UHS pads. Just the 5” and 6”. That’s what leads me to believe it’s a defective batch.

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean. The polish is like concrete in those pads. I’ve tried about everything from their pad brush to a Tornador. I know the blue and green pads are notorious for breaking down quicker. But the UHS pads I have is something different. I’m not having a problem with the smaller sizes of the UHS pads. Just the 5” and 6”. That’s what leads me to believe it’s a defective batch.
    Anything is possible though.

For me, the grey held up better than the blue and green.

I try my best to be very gentle while cleaning all of them, but they still wear out quicker than my traditional style foam pads.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the most gentle yet most effective way to clean pads is to simply spray them with LATA and then hit them with the jet from the garden hose. I had this pad that I used to go over the plastic trim on a BMW with HD Speed earlier today. 100% clean no scrubbing.

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO the most gentle yet most effective way to clean pads is to simply spray them with LATA and then hit them with the jet from the garden hose. I had this pad that I used to go over the plastic trim on a BMW with HD Speed earlier today. 100% clean no scrubbing.

Wow. Full strength LATA?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxreed241 View Post
    Wow. Full strength LATA?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yes, full strength. Saturate and let dwell for a few minutes and bam!Rupes uhs pad problems?

10. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12