autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a good trim product

Hey guys can anyone recommend a product for trim that darkens faded trim and has some water repellancy to it. I am running low on what I used to use and it’s been discontinued. So I need something new now. Thanks everyone.
    Detailing in Colorado since 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a good trim product

2 coats of Solution Finish. Done.

3. Likes sudsmobile liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Steve View Post
    2 coats of Solution Finish. Done.
    Hello Coach Steve. I posted a similar question here in the forum recently too. Regarding the product you suggested, how long does it last?

Post Thanks / Like

A long time. However, there are factors that will affect just how long it will last, i.e., weather, maintenance, etc. I can tell you it creates a deeper, richer sheen that penetrates deeper than nearly all other trim products and will transform your trim to new condition - not like new, or nearly new, but literally new condition. You can also dial in the appearance from shiny to satin to matte just by how much you wipe off before it cures. There are 2 flavors... one is for returning black trim to its original dark black condition and one that's on the gray side for trim and plastic that wasn't black to begin with.
    Check out the vids on YT to get a better perspective and to know what to expect. It's a little pricey but a little bit goes an unbelievably looooooooooong way. No, seriously!

6. Likes Nikki liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A long time. However, there are factors that will affect just how long it will last, i.e., weather, maintenance, etc. I can tell you it creates a deeper, richer sheen that penetrates deeper than nearly all other trim products and will transform your trim to new condition - not like new, or nearly new, but literally new condition. You can also dial in the appearance from shiny to satin to matte just by how much you wipe off before it cures. There are 2 flavors... one is for returning black trim to its original dark black condition and one that's on the gray side for trim and plastic that wasn't black to begin with.
    Check out the vids on YT to get a better perspective and to know what to expect. It's a little pricey but a little bit goes an unbelievably looooooooooong way. No, seriously!
    Thanks Coach. I have looked a a few YT videos and one thing that is so frequently asked but almost never replied to is "how long does it last"?

I do realize that it can be a difficult question to answer but people are tied of hearing virtually all companies offering this kind of product and them advertising it "lasts a long time", or "very long lasting". That means nothing. Sure, it will last a long time if you don't wash your car or drive it in the rain or snow! Right?

Seriously though, in "real-world" conditions, you know perhaps a couple of washes per month and daily driving, how long does it last, at least in your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    Thanks Coach. I have looked a a few YT videos and one thing that is so frequently asked but almost never replied to is "how long does it last"?

I do realize that it can be a difficult question to answer but people are tied of hearing virtually all companies offering this kind of product and them advertising it "lasts a long time", or "very long lasting". That means nothing. Sure, it will last a long time if you don't wash your car or drive it in the rain or snow! Right?

Seriously though, in "real-world" conditions, you know perhaps a couple of washes per month and daily driving, how long does it last, at least in your experience?
    Here in the PHX area, I've seen vehicles I've treated that sit outside all the time and get washed regularly last as long as 6 mos. without showing signs of fading but I've also seen a few that are in need of a touchup within 3-4 mos. simply due to the actual material/medium used to create the trim. The denser/thicker, more composite the trim, the longer Solution Finish seems to last. Vehicles I see on a regular basis that are garage kept will easily go 10-12 mos. before needing a touchup.

9. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in the PHX area, I've seen vehicles I've treated that sit outside all the time and get washed regularly last as long as 6 mos. without showing signs of fading but I've also seen a few that are in need of a touchup within 3-4 mos. simply due to the actual material/medium used to create the trim. The denser/thicker, more composite the trim, the longer Solution Finish seems to last. Vehicles I see on a regular basis that are garage kept will easily go 10-12 mos. before needing a touchup.
    Awesome! That's much more meaningful in terms of clarifying "long lasting". Thanks for clearing that up.
    Sounds impressive. Would you qualify this as a coating, or just a dressing? Either way, it sounds like a worthwhile product so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! That's much more meaningful in terms of clarifying "long lasting". Thanks for clearing that up.
    Sounds impressive. Would you qualify this as a coating, or just a dressing? Either way, it sounds like a worthwhile product so far.
    It's a trim restorer.

Solution Finish Black Plastic & Vinyl Restorer, trim restorer, black plastic restorer

12. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's neither actually. I'd classify it as a restorer. Definitely not a dressing but not a coating either because it doesn't seal the surface. It's not a dye and it's not a topical. It's just a really phenomenal product that does what it says it will do with zero effort and a minimal amount of product. Seriously, you won't believe how little it takes to do the job. I did the bed cover of a Chevy Avalanche a couple of weeks ago and it had turned almost completely white from fading and sun bleaching. It took maybe 2 oz. to do the entire rear portion of the truck and it looked incredible! I handed the customer his invoice, he already had the cash ready to pay me, and he went back into his wallet and tipped me an extra $50 on top of the $40 tip he included in the original payment!
    I've got a couple of pics I'll post tomorrow for you. No other excuse than I'm too tired to go turn on my computer and add them tonight. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

It's neither actually. I'd classify it as a restorer. Definitely not a dressing but not a coating either because it doesn't seal the surface. It's not a dye and it's not a topical. It's just a really phenomenal product that does what it says it will do with zero effort and a minimal amount of product. Seriously, you won't believe how little it takes to do the job. I did the bed cover of a Chevy Avalanche a couple of weeks ago and it had turned almost completely white from fading and sun bleaching. It took maybe 2 oz. to do the entire rear portion of the truck and it looked incredible! I handed the customer his invoice, he already had the cash ready to pay me, and he went back into his wallet and tipped me an extra $50 on top of the $40 tip he included in the original payment!
    I've got a couple of pics I'll post tomorrow for you. No other excuse than I'm too tired to go turn on my computer and add them tonight. LOL!
    I have Solution Finish on hand, have used it once. It does contain a Dye.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast