autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reload Question

I’ve been using the CQUK with reload for a few years on my cars and I really like it. Recently I was reading through a couple of threads that mentioned that you should throw away any towels used to wipe down the CQUK which unfortunately makes sense.

Do you need to toss towels used for wiping down reload?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Reload Question

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyPopp View Post
    I’ve been using the CQUK with reload for a few years on my cars and I really like it. Recently I was reading through a couple of threads that mentioned that you should throw away any towels used to wipe down the CQUK which unfortunately makes sense.

The answer is no and you don't have throw away the suede towel after wiping down CQuartz UK/3.0 if you wash it immediately after use. I would not bother washing the 4"X4" suede towels.

Post Thanks / Like

No. For one, Reload has like 5% SiO2 content (according to CarPro), whereas CQUK has 70% - so, there's a lot less ingredient in it that could actually crystallize. The other thing is: while CQUK is solvent-based, Reload is water-based - which means, you can simply wash it out from any towel it might come into contact with.

And if you meant whether you need to throw away the towel that you used to wipe on or off Reload on a car freshly coated with CQUK, the answer on that is also "no", because you've to apply Reload after the CQUK coat has cured (well, at least to the point of it being dry to the touch) - so, no resin from the ceramic coating will be able get into that towel either, and Reload itself - as stated above - can be simply washed off.

Btw. you should really not throw away even CQUK high spot wipe down towels, because they can very well be reused for (textured) plastic, rubber or wheelwork - especially if you wash them in a machine after you've used them. The only piece of "towel" that you really have to throw away right after use is the small suede towel that you used to apply the CQUK in the first place, because that will become really like a thin piece of plastic, and can not be used for anything anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the replies. I wish I had asked this years ago. I’ve gone through a lot of the suede towels

Post Thanks / Like

You don't even need suede towels for applying and wiping down Reload. Actually, I prefer using a microfiber wrapped foam block for application, and a high gsm large microfiber towel (folded in two or four) for wipe down. These allow you to spread and then remove the product effectively (ie. fast, and by needing only a little of Reload), while minimizing the risk of scratching the paint.

A suede towel is in my opinion is not suited neither for application nor removal of Reload, because it provides no buffer against physical impacts, and because it can take up far less residue than a regular MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, no need to toss towels used in application of reload. But regarding towels used to level coatings, here is an interesting video regarding that topic:
    YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to toss away towels used with either. When done, drop them in a bucket of your cleaning solution such as 3D Towel Kleen and launder when done. The only towels I've had to toss are with GYEON's CanCoat but I've remedied that by changing to a fresh towel frequently.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)