autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?

here is some powerlock in action
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-012-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-001-jpg  
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?

These photos are all arbitrary, but this is a Jescar polish and PowerLock+ on this Magnetic Grey Mustang GT... it was pretty stunning when it was done.

Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

4. Likes PaulMys, Loach, Belo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So far what little I use it I really like it. I'm just going to dedicate a pad and mark the side of it with a sharpie "JPL" and store it in a ziplock. I'm testing the durability of it now in a touch free car wash.

Post Thanks / Like

It really is a fantastic sealant, I can take my time applying it, let it dry for an extended time and come back and the wipe off is so effortless and clean. Leaves the paint incredibly slick, fantastic gloss. Still one of the best post-correction durable products to apply to the paint, you don't have to worry about post-application sweating or holograms popping up which is very reassuring if you have a client picking up shortly after you apply the LSP. I don't have the same level of reassurance with Collinite as Finick points out, which would otherwise be a great competitor. It blows Polymer Net Shield out of the water in slickness and ease of use, also more relaxing to use than Can Coat.

It's not the most hydrophobic sealant, but the water sheeting holds up well over the months and it does this better than something like Jet Seal in my experience. Great if you plan on topping it as well, with Power Lock I don't have to worry about killing the hydrophobic behavior with whatever spray topper I'm using. This is something I think about with Polymer Net Shield which I feel limits my topping options if I really want to keep it at its maximum performance. It is very similar to Wolfgang DGPS, Power Lock Plus is a thicker formula but I feel the two are close performers with Power Lock coming in at a better price.

Post Thanks / Like

If the product is coming off a little hazy, what am I doing wrong? Black car, 90 to mid 90s, outside in the sun. Too much product? Not enough drying time? It wasn't bad, you had to look for it, but it was there. I got rid of most of it going over a second or third time VERY LIGHTLY with a clean buffing towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Black car
    90 to mid 90s
    outside in the sun.
    I think you answered your own question. I would personally never do any car in direct sunlight, let alone a black car. Hot surface temps would make removing any product difficult. I know some products can handle those types of temps, but to me that's just asking for trouble.

For the sake of relativity, I was prepping my own light metallic blue Mini Cooper last weekend (white roof) while the air temps were in the mid 90s during the heat of the day. Right after a wash and cool water rinse, I dried the car immediately and hit the surface of the car with a laser temp gun and registered surface temps on the roof and rear fenders of 153°F. I brought the car inside and let it cool to well below 80° surface temps before doing any work on the paint. A black car would have been much worse.
    Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

9. Thanks sudsmobile thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found one product that comes off easily regardless of temps. Unfortunately, that stuff is like almost $60/12oz.

Post Thanks / Like

How's this stuff do against bugs & water spots? I've been on a WOWA/Si02 kick recently and while these have great water behavior I'm starting to wonder if a traditional sealant may do better against the former...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    How's this stuff do against bugs & water spots? I've been on a WOWA/Si02 kick recently and while these have great water behavior I'm starting to wonder if a traditional sealant may do better against the former...
    From my experience, the top traditional-application sealants are excellent against bugs and moderately good against water spots (some better than others with water spots).

13. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have half a bottle, so I'm gonna go back to it after reading here. It really is good stuff.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast