autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTowel View Post
    FWIW, I machine apply with a super soft pad, then let the car sit for at least 20 minutes. With a clean thick microfiber, just wipe it off. It’s literally that easy.

The only downside is that it can be difficult to remove from the pad (which is a good thing). I use wax & grease remover (PrepSol) then hot water and it comes right out. Something to keep in mind when you consider it’s durability... it just doesn’t come off with water alone.
    Is there a good alternative to Prepsol? It appears that it's difficult to get a hold of and a bit pricey at $40/gallon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?

Quote Originally Posted by sudsmobile View Post
    Good to know. That's pretty much exactly what we did. Machine applied with LC Black pads then let it haze while we did windows and tires. Then wiped it off. The only thing I noticed is that I think my son put it on a little heavy in a few spots and it was a little harder to get off but that's on us.
    black lc pads here too. very tough to get out of the pad, but i think that's a good thing n a way. and yeah you can get some sections that are harder to remove, but by no means difficult. Obviously be careful near trim and cracks too. I've left on for over an hour in a cool shaded garage and it still buffs off real nice with a mf towel.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

I put it on my Honda last month,I applied it with the orbital ,a red griots red foam pad for waxing on 2spd and let it sit for 2 hrs and it wiped off very easy.

Honda Shine!
    “I have trouble with names and faces, but I never forget a car.”

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a good alternative to Prepsol? It appears that it's difficult to get a hold of and a bit pricey at $40/gallon.
    Try Klean-Strip Prep-All from a local auto parts store or Amazon. Should be about $25 a gallon. They may even carry it at HD or other big box hardware stores.

Honestly, it’s one of those products I think is a must-have in the detail shop. It’s my post-polish pre-wax/sealant wipe down instead of the pricey branded option. I don’t use IPA anymore, only wax & grease remover. It also will remove white polish/wax stains from black plastics, as well as cleaning final finishing pads. I can fill a 32oz bottle 4 times for the gallon and get a ton of usage out of it for the money.
    Purple Towel Auto Detailing
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

5. Likes Farmallluvr, DetailZeus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Noted. So you're using in place of Eraser for example? Thanks.

7. Likes PurpleTowel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How would you guys compare Power Lock to Wolfgang Paint Sealant? That has been my go to for sealants but I sure do love my Menzerna/Jescar compounds and polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Noted. So you're using in place of Eraser for example? Thanks.
    Yup! I keep it in a 32oz spray bottle as well as an 8oz squirt bottle, as well.
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duy View Post
    How would you guys compare Power Lock to Wolfgang Paint Sealant? That has been my go to for sealants but I sure do love my Menzerna/Jescar compounds and polishes.
    I think they are 1a and 1b of the usual suspects. From my experience, they are both exceptional sealants and give very similar results. Can’t go wrong with either.
    PurpleTowelDetailing.com
    @purpletoweldetailing

11. Likes Duy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTowel View Post
    I think they are 1a and 1b of the usual suspects. From my experience, they are both exceptional sealants and give very similar results. Can’t go wrong with either.
    I’m in agreement. Both these sealants belong on the Mount Rushmore of sealants, with only a few others. Each very slick, great looking, durable and exceptional beading.

Post Thanks / Like

Jescar/Menzerna Powerlock (same product different branding names here in the US) is awesome! I used Powerlock this weekend for a detail. Used Menzerna FG400 for compound Menzerna Super Finish 3800 (formerly SF4500). Used my Flex 3401 with Lake Country Orange Hybrid Pads (older version) and Lake Country White Hybrid Pads (new version and older version). I put 2 Coats of Powerlock on with my PC7424XP and a hand applicator to all the hard to reach spots. Came out real nice. The person DID NOT WANT A COATING! Which was fine by me! Bottom Line: IMO Menzerna/Jescar are top notch products and they are my go to's when it come to a detail!

This was a fun detail over the weekend! Here are a couple of before and after pics! I hope you guys like!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-black-badge-rolls-008-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-rolls-trunk-001-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-black-badge-rolls-012-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-black-badge-rolls-004-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-scott-hillary-black-badge-rolls-077-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-scott-hillary-black-badge-rolls-078-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-scott-hillary-black-badge-rolls-079-jpg   Okay why has everyone been keeping the Jescar Power Lock Plus a secret from me?-scott-hillary-black-badge-rolls-089-jpg  
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

14. Likes acuRAS82, Diner, Duy, Loach, Rmd and 1 others liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast