autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Scott from Dallas Paint Correction, Review of Polisher...

Was just looking at Scott's review (in the product review forum) of the Hyet (chinese) 21mm Long Throw Polisher. It was rather interesting. Although the unit is Chinese, it actually seems pretty good. Anyone else here have any experience with this polisher. I'm not normally a fan of Chinese products, but this one did catch my eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Scott from Dallas Paint Correction, Review of Polisher...

I always chuckle when people say things like, although it's Chinese made.

Many times while they type on their Chinese made iphone or Chinese made computer.

I personally try to buy made in the USA whenever possible.

But then my house and life would be pretty empty since many of the day to day products we use are made outside of the USA.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

3. Likes Rsurfer, PaulMys, rangerbay, Misterpaul liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I always chuckle when people say things like, although it's Chinese made.

Many times while they type on their Chinese made iphone or Chinese made computer.

I personally try to buy made in the USA whenever possible.

But then my house and life would be pretty empty since many of the day to day products we use are made outside of the USA.
    I agree with you for the most part. There are some exceptions I think. In the case of Apple, it is my understanding that Apple products are designed and engineered in the USA, then they use cheap Chinese labor to produce them. In this way, quality can generally be controlled and maintained to an acceptable standard. Where as a "pure" Chinese product, quality usually takes a back seat to cost. Scratch that, quality always takes a back seat to cost!

In the case of this Hyet polisher, I do suspect it is purely a Chinese product, from design to production. Hence my reservation. It is interesting though with its digital display and all. That's why I am looking for more user reviews on it.

Another thought on the digital display. I'm really surprised no other manufacturer has come up with this yet. It is kinda cool! I think the next level would be a small LCD screen that would display the same information and perhaps even more info as well. Interesting in deed!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    I agree with you for the most part. There are some exceptions I think. In the case of Apple, it is my understanding that Apple products are designed and engineered in the USA, then they use cheap Chinese labor to produce them. In this way, quality can generally be controlled and maintained to an acceptable standard. Where as a "pure" Chinese product, quality usually takes a back seat to cost. Scratch that, quality always takes a back seat to cost!

In the case of this Hyet polisher, I do suspect it is purely a Chinese product, from design to production. Hence my reservation. It is interesting though with its digital display and all. That's why I am looking for more user reviews on it.

Another thought on the digital display. I'm really surprised no other manufacturer has come up with this yet. It is kinda cool! I think the next level would be a small LCD screen that would display the same information and perhaps even more info as well. Interesting in deed!!
    Just a note, you may want to review the forum rules:

Forum Rules
    Forum Rules

The purpose of Autogeekonline.com is for detailing discussion, providing a place for likeminded auto "Geeks" to share knowledge and partake in fellowship.

1. The AutogeekOnline discussion forum is exclusively sponsored by Autogeek.com. Product discussion should be limited to products that are available from Autogeek.com and PBMA's family of websites.

Links, videos or recommendations to competing products and companies that are not available through Autogeek.com will be moved to the Moderators forum and offenders will be warned or simply placed into the SELF-BANNED category of member groups on this forum.

Repeated linking and recommendations of products not available through Autogeek.com may result in a permanent ban. Moderators have the right to edit any posts that contain links, recommendations or other information pertaining to competing companies that are not associated with Autogeek.com
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads-up. I saw a very similar thread on this exact topic in the Product Reviews forums so I assumed it was ok. I will comply with the rules. Thanks again!

7. Thanks custmsprty thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought two Maxshine 15's after watching his video of it and love it as much as my Rupes Mark II.

Bought one for me and one for a member of my staff.

$168.00 with free shipping each.

Not sure about the Hyet brand.

The Maxshine is well made.

Doesnt bog down as much as my Rupes.

Comes with a nice bag and extra brush.

Free Lifetime Warranty

I need to do a review on it soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com