autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forced Rotation VS Free Spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    IMO free spinning is pretty worthless in general with the curves and contours of newer freaking vehicles. Just did a 2012 Cruze and unless you have a every pad in 1 inch increments you will stall all over the place. The only thing free spin is good for are flat panels such as the roof. Ive barely touched my GG6 since getting the 3401.
    I couldn't disagree with this more.

With the right technique, the GG6 (or any free-spinning machine) is more than capable of correction on curved panels.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree with Paul. Any time my GG6 stalls is when my technique is less than perfect. Mostly it's when I only have a very small area to do, and I don't take the time to switch backing plates so I can go to a smaller pad. But that's not the machine's fault.

I will be purchasing a gear driven machine in the not too distant future, but it is certainly not because the free spinning DA doesn't do the job.

4. Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I've been researching the Makita PO5000C and to my surprise, there are a number of people complaining that it stalls much too easily in free-spin mode. Certainly experience and technique can play a role here. However, for a 7.5Amp machine to be getting numerous complaints of stalling is disappointing!

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure causes stalling. If you watch a Rupes “how to” video you will see that very little pressure is used or needed. Technique is the key to minimize stalling. With the advancement of abrasive technology and pad technology less pressure is needed to get perfect results. If you are worried about stalling just buy a rotary and don’t worry about stalling anymore.

7. Likes PaulMys, dlc95, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Pressure causes stalling. If you watch a Rupes “how to” video you will see that very little pressure is used or needed. Technique is the key to minimize stalling. With the advancement of abrasive technology and pad technology less pressure is needed to get perfect results. If you are worried about stalling just buy a rotary and don’t worry about stalling anymore.
    Some are saying that the Makita, on speed setting "4" in free spinning mode, will pretty much stall under the weight of itself! That does seem pretty bad. We all know how important technique is when using a free spinning machine. It just seems that the Makita is getting a disproportionate number of bad reviews with regard to its performance in free spinning mode. For comparison, I haven't heard nearly the same complaints for the GG15 or 21. Or any other comparable machine which are free spinning only!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Exactly.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree that technique is key. I guess I am interpreting the negative reviews on the Makita to mean that for a 7.5 amp machine, it is stalling way too often.
    For those that have actually used the Makita PO5000C, and something similar, say the Grio'ts BOSS G15 (also a 7.5amp motor), how does the Makita compare in terms of free-spin power? Does it stall (in free-spin) much more than the GG G15?

12. Dislikes dcjredline disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    I completely agree that technique is key. I guess I am interpreting the negative reviews on the Makita to mean that for a 7.5 amp machine, it is stalling way too often.
    For those that have actually used the Makita PO5000C, and something similar, say the Grio'ts BOSS G15 (also a 7.5amp motor), how does the Makita compare in terms of free-spin power? Does it stall (in free-spin) much more than the GG G15?
    I have both the 5000C and the G15. The 5000c must be run on speed 5, it's highest setting to NOT stall under its own weight. 5 on the 5000C is like 2 on the G15. G15 runs circles around it in free spin mode. No pun intended.

If you buy the 5000C do so as a gear driven machine. You will likely never use it in free spin mode other than minor correction or to spread product.

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I have both the 5000C and the G15. The 5000c mist be run on speed 5, it's highest setting to NOT stall under its own weight. 5 on the 5000C is like 2 on the G15. G15 runs circles around it in free spin mode. O pun intended.

ScottH
    Hmmm....very interesting. This is a good comparison. I am surprised to hear that considering they are both 7.5 amp motors. What a shame. Kudos to GG on the BOSS G15!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I can see there are many a hurt butts here just cause of MY opinion, to the point of never meeting me and slamming my technique. Get over it, just cause you like the long throw doesnt mean everyone has to. OMG people. This is what always happens when we have to discuss this subject, the babies come out of the wood work when you insult their precious long throw. You like what you like and I (and a few others obviously feel the same) like what I like. Insulting me (us) isnt going to change our minds ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny to log on and see all this today. SMH
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

16. Likes Jim w liked this post
    Dislikes Dr Oldz, Ronin47, itsgn disliked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast