autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Experience with Griots Garage Premium Carnuba Paste Wax

Any thoughts on how well this wax performs? Any first hand reviews? Does it last any longer than any other Carnuba based waxes?
    It does seem a little on the pricier side, is it worth the "premium"?

I did originally post this in the Griot's forum section but surprisingly, no reviews of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experience with Griots Garage Premium Carnuba Paste Wax

I have so many waxes as it is that I need to use up, so I have never tried the GG premium.

I will say this though....... If Griot's puts their name on something, they mean it. They stand behind it, and their R&D is top notch.

I have all of the Boss creams, and they work so well you think you are dreaming.

I would have no problem trying the Griot's Premium Carnuba. If it's anything like all of their other products, it does not suck. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I am beginning to learn that too when it comes to Grio'ts Garage. Have been experimenting with their BOSS creams and am liking them very much so far. Their Premium Carnuba Paste Wax caught my attention so I am interested what the detailing community would say about it.
    Although I am sure the initial impressions would be good, I am curious to know if it lasts any longer than other Carnuba's, or is it about the same. As we all know, the market is saturated with carnuba based waxes. All of them promising the best results, in a wide price range as well. In my view, the Griot's product is on the pricier side. There are certainly more expensive ones, but I would like to hear some first hand customer reviews on how it compares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    You know, I am beginning to learn that too when it comes to Grio'ts Garage. Have been experimenting with their BOSS creams and am liking them very much so far. Their Premium Carnuba Paste Wax caught my attention so I am interested what the detailing community would say about it.
    Although I am sure the initial impressions would be good, I am curious to know if it lasts any longer than other Carnuba's, or is it about the same. As we all know, the market is saturated with carnuba based waxes. All of them promising the best results, in a wide price range as well. In my view, the Griot's product is on the pricier side. There are certainly more expensive ones, but I would like to hear some first hand customer reviews on how it compares.
    Agreed. And sorry I couldn't help you more.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I can give at least a little feedback on it. Unfortunately it’s been a while since I used it, and it was before my Autogeek days where I never put as much thought into all the signs of performance/protection that you get used to people listing/testing on here. Most of my experiences with it are from shortly after it was released, so it’s been a while.

What I can tell you: It’s super easy to use. I’d apply by machine, let it haze while I do the rest of the car, and by the time you came back wipe off was effortless. Post wax water behavior was comical; you dump a bottle of water on it and the car would drop it off like it was saying “Why would you do that?” If I was more forum-tech savy I’d include a video I took after I had done my M3. I don’t remember any issues with trim staining, but on my E36 is generally tape the trim since there was so much black plastic I didn’t want to risk turning white. (I could do an intentional trim test on a car at work if this is a curiosity point).

As far as longevity, that’s where I can’t give you any real scientific feedback. Again, it was before I was thinking of things in ‘Geek terms. What I did notice is that when I’d go over the car with their One Step Sealant and then top it with the Premium Carnauba Paste Wax before winter, come spring time the ease with which the car cleaned/the slick feel of the paint was still present.

Can’t speak to water spotting as it wasn’t ever really on my radar before. Though I guess that translates to them not being an issue as I would have obviously noticed them if it was.

Sorry I hadn’t made it to responding to your other thread, still had it open in a tab so I could get back to it! I’m sure you were hoping for less amateur feedback, but at least it’s more info than none. If you’re a wax guy, I would say it would be worth considering based on its ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ton of waxes and this one never impressed me. Used it a few times to get a feel for it and now it collects dust.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I have ton of waxes and this one never impressed me. Used it a few times to get a feel for it and now it collects dust.
    I remember reading somewhere that you have like 85 (or more) waxes. That's nuts (in a good way. I love waxes). Any stand out?

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Premium Carnauba Wax is outstanding. I think it's a Pinnacle Souveran killer considering it's less than half the cost of Souveran. It goes on very easy and buffing off very easy as well. As far as durability I can't say...the car is garaged and doesn't see rain so longevity isn't an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that you have like 85 (or more) waxes. That's nuts (in a good way. I love waxes). Any stand out?
    Something like 150. Stopped counting. I had a post at a since defunct forum with my thoughts on a bunch of waxes. I’d like to repost here but most of the waxes AG doesn’t carry.
    Jim

10. Likes 01GreyStangGT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Something like 150. Stopped counting. I had a post at a since defunct forum with my thoughts on a bunch of waxes. I’d like to repost here but most of the waxes AG doesn’t carry.
    Yeah, i knew the number was well into the 100+

Aw man. That would have been great!

12. Likes 01GreyStangGT liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast