autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove Klasse AIO? Causing wiper chatter

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I completely gave up on glass coatings. Because of traffic film and water spots, I could never get a clean windshield with any glass cleaner once rainy season starts. So I lightly polish the windshield with water spot remover or Griot's glass polish to get it clean every few weeks, and then went back to Rain-X of all things.

Post Thanks / Like

How to remove Klasse AIO? Causing wiper chatter

Quote Originally Posted by gspam1 View Post
    I completely gave up on glass coatings. Because of traffic film and water spots, I could never get a clean windshield with any glass cleaner once rainy season starts. So I lightly polish the windshield with water spot remover or Griot's glass polish to get it clean every few weeks, and then went back to Rain-X of all things.
    I’ve had good luck with rainx, as well. The water behavior is freaking awesome.

It’s super easy to work with if you give your windshield a fast once over cleaning before you wash your car, and then apply two coats and let it sit while you set up for a traditional or rinse less wash. I’ll polish my windshield every so often just to remove and road grime and film that builds up, but it’s not done on a schedule.

The haze comes right off as you wash. I usually find it lasts like.. 2 months or so of decently strong beading, and then starts to die off pretty hard. It’s so easy to reapply though I have issues even thinking about investing in a glass coating that I have my doubts will really hold up in my harsh(er) environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking this may be causing my wiper chatter with Aquapel. The "up" swipe is smooth. It's the "down" swipe that chatters. So, I think the glass is so slick that it doesn't allow the wiper edge to "flip" back in the other direction. Up swipe it pulls the blade... down swipe it pushes the blade, resulting in chatter.

Post Thanks / Like

See this video about bending the wiper arm to stop chatter. Makes sense.
    YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

How to remove Klasse AIO? Causing wiper chatter

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    But even with new wipers I get some chatter. Funny thing is that when dry, the wipers glide just fine. And when it rains, the first few swipes are smooth. But after about 15 seconds the chatter starts.
    This is exactly what I experience... I bought brand new wipers straight from the Cadillac dealer, they work outstanding for clearing the morning dew, but once they saw actual rain they did exactly what you describe. It’s frustrating.

Btw this is with no sort of coating on my windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Pinnacle GlassCoat Window Sealant with Rain Repellent on three vehicles since they were new. Two with OEM factory wiper blades and one that was changed to Bosch ICON's. I'm applying this every 3 months or so and getting good water beading until the next application. I just applied to all the glass on all three vehicles yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This is exactly what I experience... I bought brand new wipers straight from the Cadillac dealer, they work outstanding for clearing the morning dew, but once they saw actual rain they did exactly what you describe. It’s frustrating.

Btw this is with no sort of coating on my windshield.
    I think it's the slickness if the coating combined with the pressure of the arms. The blade edge isn't "flipping" when changing directions.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE....

The problem may be a bent wiper arm. To make this diagnosis, bring the wiper up to mid-stroke on the windshield and examine the blade assembly. The blades should be making full contact on the windshield and the blade arms should be parallel to the glass. If the arm is bent, use some pliers to carefully twist it until it is parallel with the glass again.

How to remove Klasse AIO? Causing wiper chatter-wiperarmfix-jpg

Did this yesterday morning. 100% better! Guess after 6 years, they needed a tweak. Both needed a slight bend downward. You want the rubber part of the blade to move on the downstroke stroke and back the other way on the upward stroke. Had plenty of rain yesterday and they worked great. PUT A CLOTH OVER YOUR WIPER ARM so you don`t scratch the paint on the arm!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I bent the arm by hand very slightly. It alleviated the chatter on the down swipe! Very happy to have discovered this solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123